Windows 10: Network icon X'ed out

Discus and support Network icon X'ed out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 updates installed August 1, 2019 have resulted in the network icon that is displayed in the taskbar as being X'ed out even though I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kenneth Goodwin, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Network icon X'ed out

Windows 10 updates installed August 1, 2019 have resulted in the network icon that is displayed in the taskbar as being X'ed out even though I have full network connectivity. Never a problem prior to approximately 1 August. Clicking on the icon results in the file explorer being displayed. This happens on three of my computers, two with Windows 10 Pro and one with Windows 10 Home. Last update was 2019-08 Cumulative Update to Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4512508) installed on August 14, 2019. Not a problem per se but obviously an bug which seems to be bugging me. Any resolution or do I just wait for Microsoft to correct it?

:)

Kenneth Goodwin, Aug 15, 2019
  2. MithunLal Win User

White x beside wifi network!

Hi Karl,

The white x on top of Wireless symbol might mean that, there is a password change or some setting change to the wireless network.

To resolve this white x mark, follow the below steps to "Forget the network" and re-connect to the wireless network.

1. Select the wireless network icon > Wireless & Network settings

2. From the list in the left, select "Wi-Fi"

3. Select "Manage known networks"

4. Search and select the network that is causing issue > Select "Forget"

5. Now, select the wireless icon again and re-connect to the network.

Note: After Step 4, you won't find the x mark on top of the specific wireless network.

Voilaa

~Mithun

MithunLal, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Red X on the Network icon

There is a red x on the Network icon. My internet is connected but the red x is always there and annoying.

I was able to resolve this by following the steps below

Suggestions:

Method 1:

Right Click on Computer -> Manage

Under the System Tools section, double click on Local Users and Groups

Click Groups -> Right Click on Administrators -> Add to group -> Add -> Advanced -> Find now -> Double Click on Local Service -> Click Ok

Close all the windows, reboot the computer and check the status

Method 2:

Click Start -> Type CMD -> Right click on CMD -> Run as administrator
    Type net localgroup Administrators /add Local Service and press Enter
    Click OK when it says The Command Completed Successfully
    Reboot the computer and check the status

JosephSDavid, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Network icon X'ed out

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Network icon X'ed out

1. Network icon X'ed out - Similar Threads - Network icon X'ed

2. Network icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network icon: Hi, Is it possible to change the network icon in the taskbar? 10.0.19041 build 19041 Thanks 169173
  3. Network Icon on Task Bar is X'ed out

Network Icon on Task Bar is X'ed out: This one seems to come and go on all of my Windows 10 computers - the network icon is X'ed out although I have full network connectivity. Clicking on the icon brings up Windows Explorer resulting a correct network icom being displayed in the task bar. My guess is that when...
  4. windows network icon no network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows network icon no network: I have been having this problem again and again please help me out already tried uninstalling from device manager network driver then works fine then again same problem https://imgur.com/9rTra7W...
  5. windows network icon no network

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows network icon no network: I am fed up with this problem I have reinstalled windows 4 times because of this now its same again I CAN VISIT SITES BUT NETWORK ICON SAYS NO NETWORK what causes this again and again I really do not know please don't advise me to repair windows already done it 10 times...
  6. Network Icon

Network Icon: The network icon on my taskbar has disappeared. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/network-icon/7a73346b-5deb-4aec-892b-9bc672399a28
  7. Network Icon

Network Icon: With no changes to my computer, the network icon has vanished from the notification area. ...When in settings, notification/quick actions, I am unable to turn on the Network Icon (the option is greyed out)? 38090
  8. Network Icon

Network Icon: A white circle appears sometimes above the network icon. It will then go awsy. It doesn't appear all the time. Does anyone know what it means? Thanks. 21295
  9. Network Icon

Network Icon: How do you remove a media device from Networks? [img] 68884
  10. Taskbar network icon missing ( greyed out)

Taskbar network icon missing ( greyed out): Hi Have tried fixes as described in other posts. Tried enable_network_notification reg bat file. Task bar system icons for network and power are greyed out. Internet working fine but says no connection... IPv4 & 6 not connected. ( ethernet connection) Seems to be since...