Windows 10: Network Icon Yellow Triangle - Windows 10 v1803

Discus and support Network Icon Yellow Triangle - Windows 10 v1803 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OS: Win10 x64 - v1803 Dell workstation Optiplex 780, 7010 Onboard network - Intel(R) 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network. Problem: Yellow network icon but still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gordonb, Dec 20, 2018.

1. gordonb Win User

Network Icon Yellow Triangle - Windows 10 v1803

Dell workstation Optiplex 780, 7010
    Onboard network - Intel(R) 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network.

Problem: Yellow network icon but still able to surf the interent (webpages), but Internet icon shows the domain name but Not connected. Can ping out to external sites as well.

Started to have this issue with a few of our Dell workstations. The dreaded yellow triangle icon on the network icon has appeared, with users still able to surf the internet via websites and download applications.

All the workstations are within a domain, DHCP and DNS, and each Ethernet is connected via IPv4 to automatically get the IP address from the range, no static IP addresses are used, so with the Network & Sharing Centre - under the Properties of the Ethernet adapter, IPv4 properties has Obtain an IP Address automatically as well as the DNS server address.

When i click on the network icon (see image1) the NIC is connected to the Domain but No Internet is shown.
    On a few workstations if i open a CMD window as Admin, and pinged a few sites the icon returned to the default (Connected to the domain and connected to the Interent). But some workstations refuse to clear the icon.

I have done the following.

1. Removed the network driver from within device manager - rebooted and reinstalled the driver from the Dell website.
    2. CMD (as admin) - Pinged the following address ok BBC - Home, Microsoft Corporation.
    2. Removed the workstation from the domain, removed the OU from AD and then rejoined the domain on the workstation - no change in the network icon.
    3. On the workstation - ran the following commands in CMD. ipconfig /release , ipconfig /renew, ipconfig /flushdns - rebooted - no change in the network icon.
    4. Within RegEdit deleted the following:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Nla\Cache
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles\
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Signatures\Managed\
    5. within Local Security Policy - Network List Manager Policies - the Domain is listed.
    6. Services - Disabled the following services - Network Location Awareness, Network List Services - rebooted - still no connection. Set these services to automatically to start again. These were already started before.
    7. Rebooted into Safe mode - Network icon has cleared the yellow triangle and states connected to the Internet and the domain.

So racking my brain over this one any thoughts, thanks in advance.

:)

gordonb, Dec 20, 2018
  2. janQZ Win User

network shows yellow triangle but network works

My windows 10 computer showed a yellow triangle in the network icon. It seemed that there was no network connection but there was. All non Microsoft programs worked fine.

After 4 hours of sweeting I found out that I had to change a registry entry

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet

and then the Triangle disappeared. I'm using a wired connection.

The problem is that the windows updates doesn't work, when there is a yellow triangle. So without knowing your computer is not safe anymore, because there is some strange network check.

The question for me is why there is a network check which seems unreliable.

Kind regards

Jan

janQZ, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Amor Win User
    Internet is okay, but icon stays yellow triangle! Can you help?

Hello, Im using windows 10 Professional and I have a PPPoE broadband connection. But when I connect it, the icon stays yellow triangle which means no network.

Why does it happen?

Network Icon Yellow Triangle - Windows 10 v1803 [​IMG]

Network Icon Yellow Triangle - Windows 10 v1803 [​IMG]

4. Ka1online Win User

Yellow triangle on unplugged LAN icon

Just after updating to Windows 10, version 1809 I noticed that LAN icon when the LAN cable and wifi not connected yet appears as the network cable is connected with a yellow triangle on the icon.

troubleshooting gives unidentified problem.

internet connection when cable is plugged or through wifi works well.

is this the normal appearance of LAN icon when not connected to internet?

Ka1online, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Network Icon Yellow Triangle - Windows 10 v1803 - Similar Threads - Network Icon Yellow

2. Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer: I am using Windows 10 and need to connect to a networked printer shared from another computer. I have added the IP address range in iPv4. I have done this many times before without issue so I know this is not this. I am just unable to figure out how to remove the yellow...
  3. Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer: I am using Windows 10 and need to connect to a networked printer shared from another computer. I have added the IP address range in iPv4. I have done this many times before without issue so I know this is not this. I am just unable to figure out how to remove the yellow...
  4. Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Yellow Triangle in Windows Defender Taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yellow Triangle in Windows Defender Taskbar icon: I have a yellow triangle in my windows defender icon on the task bar on my laptop with Windows 365. I have repeatedly verified that windows defender is up to date and the basic security is listed as OK. Drilling into the Defender menu I have found the yellow triangle next to...
  6. Yellow Triangle in Windows Defender Taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yellow Triangle in Windows Defender Taskbar icon: I have a yellow triangle in my windows defender icon on the task bar on my laptop with Windows 365. I have repeatedly verified that windows defender is up to date and the basic security is listed as OK. Drilling into the Defender menu I have found the yellow triangle next to...
  7. Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Wifi icon

Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Wifi icon: I have a problem where everytime I close my lid and open again the yellow triangle appears, however as soon as I turn my Wifi off and on again everything is fine. While this is only a mild problem it is generally quite annoying to have to open my lid and not be already...
  8. Yellow triangle on unplugged LAN icon

Yellow triangle on unplugged LAN icon: Just after updating to Windows 10, version 1809 I noticed that LAN icon when the LAN cable and wifi not connected yet appears as the network cable is connected with a yellow triangle on the icon. troubleshooting gives unidentified problem. internet connection when cable is...
  9. Defender tray icon showing yellow triangle?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender tray icon showing yellow triangle?: Windows Defender is showing a yellow triangle on the tray icon, even though it is fully updated? The Security Centre home page shows all settings green ticked, and the only problem I find is on the "Apps & browser control" page, where the first item "Check apps and files" has...
  10. Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?!

Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?!: I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 and having this annoying issue where the yellow triangle over the ethernet icon in the taskbar will not go away. I can get online and surf so not sure whats going on. I did install the new lan drivers but still getting the annoying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 yellow triangle network

2. dell optiplex 7070 network controller driver exclamation mark windows 10

3. yellow triangle network windows 10

4. yellow triangle window 10,
  5. windows 1903 network connection status icon displays a yellow triangle ,
  6. windows 10 yellow triangle network and o365,
  7. ip config on wimdow10 version 1809 yellow triangle,
  8. yellow triangle on windows 10,
  9. windows 10 network yellow !,
  10. windows 10 yellow triangle on network,
  11. windows 10 v1803 yellow bang