Windows 10: Network ID Not changing from workgroup or domain to home network

Discus and support Network ID Not changing from workgroup or domain to home network in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So recently, I decided that I would finally activate my windows 10, and bought a key. So when I went to the activation settings, this text pops up: We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Austin Borg, May 7, 2020.

1. Network ID Not changing from workgroup or domain to home network

So recently, I decided that I would finally activate my windows 10, and bought a key. So when I went to the activation settings, this text pops up: We cant activate windows on your device because you not connected to your organizations network. But I'm not part of an organization, so I tried to change that in the control panel. However, every time I try to switch my network ID to home instead of workgroup, it just reverts back to workgroup. None of the suggestion's from anyone else have worked. And this is blocking me from changing my product key.

:)

Austin Borg, May 7, 2020
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

network id and doman change option hide

Hi,

A domain-based network gives a network administrator a way to manage an entire network or server.

For us to better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Are you logged in as an administrator?
    • When you say "domain option is hidden", does that mean that the
      Join a domain
      option is hidden or the domain name cannot be found?

In the meantime, as an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this

thread
    which were found helpful in resolving the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Arjay Dom, May 7, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Networking Issue Vista/XP

IF you are not using a domain, make sure that your workgroups have the same name.
    XP changed to the "MSHOME" workgroup, and Vista went back to the "WORKGROUP" designation.
    This caused weird network problem for me too. Sometimes it would work, sometimes not.

Just something to check.

Kreij, May 7, 2020
  4. Network ID Not changing from workgroup or domain to home network

network

This does not work, the network id setting is the problem.

Homegroup already set up on pc, but it is listed as a work pc not a home pc and will not change network ID setting

from workgroup to homegroup even after restart

Computer name has always been Home, but several updates had changed to workgroup and screwed up the home network. now I can not change it back.

Nigall1976, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Network ID Not changing from workgroup or domain to home network

1. Network ID Not changing from workgroup or domain to home network - Similar Threads - Network changing workgroup

2. Can't change Network ID to Home from Business

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change Network ID to Home from Business: My computer is not and never has been part of any business. It is a home computer. Every time I attempt to change the setting to home it reverts back to business. I went into group policy editor and changed so users can change that setting and it Didn't help either. The issue...
  3. Network tab in Explorer shows my domain's name as a Workgroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network tab in Explorer shows my domain's name as a Workgroup: I'm on a domain, but Network tab shows my domain's name under Workgroup category. 172661
  4. Unable to change Network ID from business to home

Unable to change Network ID from business to home: I am trying to change my Network ID from a business network to home but after restarting my computer it keeps coming up as business. Windows 10 Pro Ver. 20H2...
  5. Change from business PC network to home PC network

Change from business PC network to home PC network: How do I change from a Business PC network setup to a home PC (simple file sharing). My system says it's part of a business network which is incorrect....
  6. Small Network/Workgroup

Small Network/Workgroup: How di I create \Windows 10network at my office to share files, printer and internet access between 2 or more laptops running Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-networkworkgroup/352296a6-51d4-43fc-b293-0b50ec215846
  7. Domain and Workgroup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Domain and Workgroup: I want to know if I setup domain then what is the benefit and if I setup homegroup then what is the benefit, which one is more useful. I read two articles from google but did not clear my queries: https://hubsadda.com/domain-vs-workgroup/...
  8. Network/Workgroup Sharing

Network/Workgroup Sharing: Sirs: I have two computers set up to use the same Workgroup. When I try to connect from one computer to the other. I get a message "You do not have permission to access (the shared directory)" on the other computer. I enabled all sharing and permissions that I can find...
  9. Can't change Network ID

Can't change Network ID: Hi there, Whenever I change my computer to home computer and reboot, it reverts back to it being a part of a business network. How do I fix this? 84255
  10. Folder Sharing Problem on Home (Workgroup) Network

Folder Sharing Problem on Home (Workgroup) Network: I'm John and I'm unable to share a folder on my PC with a specific person on a different PC on our home workgroup network. I can share the folder with Everyone, but Windows fails to find the specific user on our home network. We have 3 Win 10 PCs on our home network: MaryPC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete workgroup windows 10