Windows 10: Network identification services

Discus and support Network identification services in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It takes too long for network connection to go up with DHCP on start of Windows 10. It seems that it does more than just connecting (like checking if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shionsan, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Shionsan Win User

Network identification services

It takes too long for network connection to go up with DHCP on start of Windows 10. It seems that it does more than just connecting (like checking if internet is avalible and so on). Is there no other way to disable those things and speed it up?

:)

Shionsan, Nov 23, 2018

2. Bluetooth Device Identification Service - Windows 10

Hi Shahrul,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Please note that "device identification service" is a windows service which keeps running in the background which has the identification of every device that is connected to your computer. Since you are unable to see the service for the Bluetooth keyboard,
    I would suggest you to go to the manufacturer's website and check for latest driver and install it.

Hope this answers your query.

Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Bluetooth Device Identification Service - Windows 10

Hi,

I have a tablet with Windows 10 pre-installed. The tablet connected to bluetooth mouse and keyboard and both are well functioning. In Device Manager, the bluetooth mouse have "device identification service" but the bluetooth keyboard doesn't. How to install
    the "device identification service" for bluetooth keyboard in Windows 10? As in Windows 8.1, the same bluetooth keyboard have "device identification service". The driver are updated.

The issue is, the bluetooth keyboard has connection time out. It can be disabled by unchecking "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" (bluetooth HID device) in Windows 8.1, but in Windows 10 this connection time out disable is not working.
    I suspect that is because no "device identification service".

Connection time out is where the bluetooth keyboard is connected but after certain period it disconnected and require to press any key to reconnect.

Your advice is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Shahrul Isra Razekin, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Network identification services

Network Adapter PROBLEM

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

First Verify if the WLAN service is started and set to automatic, if the WLAN service is stopped, I would suggest you to start the service and put it to automatic.

Step 1: Please follow the steps to
    start the WLAN service.

• Click on Start, type in services.msc
      and press Enter.

• Select WLAN Autoconfig from the list, Right click
      properties.

• Change the startup type to Automatic.

• Click on Start button.

• Click on Apply, Ok.
    Restart the computer and verify if it works.

Also check if all the dependencies are also running. Try the steps to check Dependencies.

• Right-click on WLAN Autoconfig and select Properties.

• Click on Dependencies, you will find all the dependency services under box labeled this service depends on the following system components.
    Step 2: Run an inbuilt Network troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key and select
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting and select troubleshooting.

• Click on view all on the left pane and select
      Network adapter.

• Follow the on-screen steps and check.
    I would also suggest you to check with the below link to check how to resolve wireless problems.

Refer:
    Wired and wireless network problems

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Network identification services

1. Network identification services - Similar Threads - Network identification services

2. Scam identification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scam identification: Hello, Dear MicrosoftDo you have a technician ID# mst241681, Jacob Brown?On Thrusday, Aug.31st my computer was suddenly blocked when I tried to download a book pdf online and it told me my computer was attacked by hacker. Following the instruction I called the microsoft...
  3. Icon Identification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon Identification: I am trying to identify the programme that carries the icon in the image the very badly circled one. I believe it relates to a web emulator. can anyone help identify? Thank you....
  4. Icon Identification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon Identification: I am trying to identify the programme that carries the icon in the image the very badly circled one. I believe it relates to a web emulator. can anyone help identify? Thank you....
  5. Device Identification

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Identification: How do I match Windows Devices with my Devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-identification/8aeeca73-41ad-49c9-b3ec-0991bc084b62
  6. USB Tethering Network identification in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Tethering Network identification in Windows 10: I use USB Tethering sometimes to use internet on my Windows 10 PC. Each time I connect my phone and turn USB Tethering on my phone, My PC recognizes it as a new network even thoe the network and mobile is same. Please help!!...
  7. Monitor Identification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor Identification: There is this thing with NVIDEA Shadowplay where it captures the last few minutes of your desktop or game. I have two monitors but my color management always identifies the monitors wrong. I go into regedit to delete two folders that is the problem for the wrong...
  8. Controller Identification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller Identification: I recently bought an Xbox Wireless Controller for my Windows 10 PC, the new one with the share button. When I use it with Bluetooth, It is correctly identified as an Xbox controller. However, when I plug it in with a USB cable, it is identified as just "controller" and...
  9. identification changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    identification changes: I have changed a phone number that I have registered with Microsoft and or windows, and or outlook. where do I go to update those registrations Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/identification-changes/0ff97a2b-f70f-4062-a5d4-9d34d87e9b10
  10. Identifing Keylogger

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Identifing Keylogger: 1. How can I identify if there is a keylogger installed in my PC? 2. To what extent SAFE MODE (with networking) will protect from keylogger. 3. Antivirus will only detect a known keylogger not a custom built. 4. How can I be certain that Microsoft itself is not a keylogger or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Network identification service

2. smartbyte network service