Windows 10: Network info states no internet connection, but its working fine?

Discus and support Network info states no internet connection, but its working fine? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all While this seemed to never have been the case till this morning, currently the Icon for a internet connection in the far right corner of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WBFAir, Jan 21, 2021.

1. WBFAir Win User

Network info states no internet connection, but its working fine?

Hello all

While this seemed to never have been the case till this morning, currently the Icon for a internet connection in the far right corner of my taskbar is just showing the globe with a tiny circled slash-through symbol that you normally would see for this issue, and it as well as any other place I have checked on the PC so far that would report this are reporting in one way or another that while I am connected, I do not have internet access.

Oddly though it all seems to be working just fine and a internet speed test from a Google search is reporting actually a little over what it should be per the account with my provider. Also all my e-mail systems seem to be working fine too.

To note, I have checked and my bill to my internet provider is fully paid up.

Also I have tried the troubleshooting button in the Network and internet settings section and and while it enters into the attempt, all it does is sit in the mode where it seems to be working on trying to solve the issue but never does and never changes in any way past that...ie so far even though I let it sit in that mode for a long time, it never eventually reports it can't fix the problem or does anything else until I click it to cancel or close.

Just for one thing on this and I could be wrong about it, but in googling around for a solution I did come upon a link that was showed what the internet site this system goes to check for a connection and while I have not found this at any other site so far, I could not connect to that sight.

So if this is how this system works, could all this be just because that site it down?

Lastly to note, I am drafting up and correcting & post this post, from the very computer I am describing for all this.

Thanks for any help.

:)

WBFAir, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 21, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Network info states no internet connection, but its working fine? [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Network info states no internet connection, but its working fine? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jan 21, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Network info states no internet connection, but its working fine? - Similar Threads - Network info states

2. Network icon doesn't show as connected while internet is working fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network icon doesn't show as connected while internet is working fine.: I had problem that every time I connected my phone in tethering mode new connection was created every time.I followed first reply in this thread which solved my issue but now my internet icon shows as not connected to internet.It's not really an issue but annoying.Windows...
  3. Network icon doesn't show as connected while internet is working fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network icon doesn't show as connected while internet is working fine.: I had problem that every time I connected my phone in tethering mode new connection was created every time.I followed first reply in this thread which solved my issue but now my internet icon shows as not connected to internet.It's not really an issue but annoying.Windows...
  4. Network icon doesn't show as connected while internet is working fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Showing no connection but internet is working fine

Showing no connection but internet is working fine: Hi, we are using Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19043.1202] and we are facing issue "Showing no connection but internet is working fine" Outlook and Teams are not working .We had check the registry setting...
  6. Internets connected but stated no internet for all connection.

Internets connected but stated no internet for all connection.: Hi, I have problem with my Windows 10 after the update. I have connected to the internet, but on the wifi section it says there is no internet. I can use the internet normally but I cannot open any of the microsoft related apps such as microsoft app store. Any tips? Thanks....
  7. No Internet connection and its work just fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Internet connection and its work just fine.: Fresh Windows 10 Install for a new PC.. Maybe this is not new for most of you all..but this is new to me.. same with my name Nubi (newbie) i thought i cant install windows without microsoft accounts... Key points: Dont go Online too soon.. If you're free u can drop...
  8. INTERNET IS CONNECTED AND WORKS FINE BUT IT SHOWS NO INTERNET ACCESS

INTERNET IS CONNECTED AND WORKS FINE BUT IT SHOWS NO INTERNET ACCESS: Hello, Good Day! My WiFi works fine .When I connect my WiFi it to laptop , it gets connected but it shows no internet access . But internet works. I can browse google, play games and watch videos in youtube and stream netflix in my laptop. Network icon shows no internet....
  9. Network says no internet when most apps connect fine

Network says no internet when most apps connect fine: My internet says it is not connected to the internet after connecting to my router. The problem is that most apps browsers, games, etc. work fine but most Microsoft apps Word, OneNote, Help, even Windows Update refuse to connect. I've tried Networking Reset's, safe modes,...
  10. Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine

Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine: Hello, for some reason my programs are not able to connect to the Internet. My Spotify says it is Offline, my Steam says it has no connection, as well as my other programs. I am currently using Chrome, but my Microsoft Edge also works perfectly fine. I do not have an...