Windows 10: Network & Internet setting box doesn't pop up and no wifi connections

Discus and support Network & Internet setting box doesn't pop up and no wifi connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, I've not posted a single thing since the Seven forums, that's a good thing, it means any glitches that have come my way in Win 10 I've solved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stevebri, Jan 21, 2021.

1. stevebri Win User

Network & Internet setting box doesn't pop up and no wifi connections

Hi All,

I've not posted a single thing since the Seven forums, that's a good thing, it means any glitches that have come my way in Win 10 I've solved by simply looking through the excellent info on here. A big thanks to all who have shared their knowledge.

Now this particular error has me stumped.
    We have a family PC (HP Pavillion Elite Pro) upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 2yrs ago, currently running build 19041.746.

Always been reliable and a steady old machine however today we can't get wifi, either from the house router, or any phones running a personal hotspot, when I right click the globe icon bottom right in the tray, the Network & Internet settings box doesn't fully pop up, and it shows no networks, or airplane mode.

I initially thought the wifi dongle was caput, so bought a new one, installed the Realtek drivers, plugged it and it shows up fine, Device manager shows it working ok.

Scratching around on the web it seems to be linked to a win10 update glitch... (nothing new there then).

Anyone any ideas for a workaround...?

Many thanks in advance

Steve

:)

stevebri, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 21, 2021
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

Is that ipv4 pool for DHCP? I usually set fixed IP addresses outside dynamic pool (so above .64 in your case)

Other solutions: like Superfly suggested, new wifi adapter (USB solutions in your case), and found one old HP thread... uninstalling HP hotkeys worked for someone - looks like app was messing with physical key...)

AndreTen, Jan 21, 2021
  4. cyberpete Win User

Set network for filesharing and different network (wifi) for internet

GREAT! :-(
    But when I think about it, where is the difference, when I have file sharing enabled on my Wireless network then both PCs connect and file-share via the WiFi that is connected to the internet. I have a firewall in my ASUS modem/router and Kaspersky Internet security. Isn´t that enough? What is different when I bridge the Wireless-Network with the local network and set file-sharing only via the local network?

cyberpete, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Network & Internet setting box doesn't pop up and no wifi connections - Similar Threads - Network Internet setting

2. Wifi networks doesn't display, shows not connected to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi networks doesn't display, shows not connected to internet: Available networks won't display, shows internet not connected, tried several suggestions, nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-networks-doesnt-display-shows-not-connected/e897c3ae-962b-4d70-a000-750566e2354c
  3. Wifi networks doesn't display, shows not connected to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi networks doesn't display, shows not connected to internet: Available networks won't display, shows internet not connected, tried several suggestions, nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-networks-doesnt-display-shows-not-connected/e897c3ae-962b-4d70-a000-750566e2354c
  4. Wifi networks doesn't display, shows not connected to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections: I continue to have this problem and nothing I’ve been able to find has helped. It worked once by resetting the computer to an earlier date, but it didn’t work this time. The wifi driver says it has an issue, but that the current driver is the most recent update. If anyone...
  6. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections: I continue to have this problem and nothing I’ve been able to find has helped. It worked once by resetting the computer to an earlier date, but it didn’t work this time. The wifi driver says it has an issue, but that the current driver is the most recent update. If anyone...
  7. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

8. WiFi connection option / Network & Internet Settings

WiFi connection option / Network & Internet Settings: WiFi connection option keeps disappearing from Network & Internet settings menu after pc is revived from sleep mode. Only after rebooting pc, does the Wifi connection option manifest itself for connecting to my router. In other words I see options for Status, Dial-up, VPN,...
  9. Wifi connects but no network internet

Wifi connects but no network internet: Currently my internet is being a little troubled. I can connect to the wifi, but only one of the networks on my computer we have a 2.4 ghz and a 5ghz network, I can only connect to the 2.4ghz network. So, I can connect to that network, and the internet does in fact work....
  10. Internet email pop-up box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Internet email pop-up box: After buying a new iPhone I can no longer receive emails on my PC. I get a pop-up box that wants my user name and password for the pop.gmail.com server. I do not remember what the user name or password are and there are no prompts to recover them. I bought the 365 suite and...