Windows 10: Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately

Discus and support Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I started experiencing this issue earlier today when I started my Windows 10 PC. It failed to start and said it encountered an error. After two tries... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Casual Aviator, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately

I started experiencing this issue earlier today when I started my Windows 10 PC. It failed to start and said it encountered an error. After two tries windows finally booted up and once I was into my desktop it failed to connect to the internet. To remedy this issue I navigated to the settings menu and when I selected network and internet settings it immediately closed failed to open. After restarted my PC numerous times and trying every fix in this thread here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-internet-settings-cannot-turn-on-and-keeps/22f4599d-a06e-42c2-9380-4a28

:)

Casual Aviator, Feb 29, 2024
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 29, 2024
  3. W10 Settings crashes when going into Network & Internet

Same issue for me, when entering Network Settings, panel crashes. Device Manager says network devices are working but I have no network. Tried all the steps suggested in prior feed.

TigerKnight, Feb 29, 2024
  4. dalchina Win User

Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately

Cannot open Network & Internet Settings - crashes

Hi, for test purposes please create a new user, log in as that user, boot normally and report if you can then open network & internet settings.

I assume you mean this- is that correct?

Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately 287336d1594311427t-cannot-open-network-internet-settings-crashes-1.png

To post screenshots, the most helpful way is to use the forum facilties:

Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately 287335d1591250824t-cannot-open-network-internet-settings-crashes-screenshot-copy1.png

You can also post attachments (files).

Tutorials available if needed.

History: (so often omitted by posters)
    - has this just happened?
    - for how long do you think this has been a problem?
    - do you know if it worked since you upgrade to build 2004?

If it happened quite recently, have you considered using a System Restore point if you have one?

dalchina, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately

1. Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately - Similar Threads - Network Internet Settings

2. Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately: I started experiencing this issue earlier today when I started my Windows 10 PC. It failed to start and said it encountered an error. After two tries windows finally booted up and once I was into my desktop it failed to connect to the internet. To remedy this issue I...
  3. Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately: I started experiencing this issue earlier today when I started my Windows 10 PC. It failed to start and said it encountered an error. After two tries windows finally booted up and once I was into my desktop it failed to connect to the internet. To remedy this issue I...
  4. network and internet settings crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network and internet settings crashing: when i open the available networks in my task bar it fails to load any and closes on its own.i've also tried connecting to wifi through the settings method and it fails to connect each time or does not bring up the "connecting" prompt.i would love if someone can come up with...
  5. network and internet settings crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network and internet settings crashing: when i open the available networks in my task bar it fails to load any and closes on its own.i've also tried connecting to wifi through the settings method and it fails to connect each time or does not bring up the "connecting" prompt.i would love if someone can come up with...
  6. network & Internet settings crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network & Internet settings crashing: HiI have a Windoows 10 64bit machine.When I select network & Internet settings the dialog opens then closes after few seconds without showing any options or populating the dialog boxLawrence...
  7. network & Internet settings crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network & Internet settings crashing: HiI have a Windoows 10 64bit machine.When I select network & Internet settings the dialog opens then closes after few seconds without showing any options or populating the dialog boxLawrence...
  8. network & Internet settings crashing

9. Network and Internet settings crashed immediately....

Network and Internet settings crashed immediately....: I couldn't see the available wifi divices name in my PC windows 10 for last one month. It only shows empty boxes instead of showing available wifi devices name. So I tried to access Network and Internet settings to see, what is wrong with that. But it crashed immediately get...
  10. Cannot open Network & Internet Settings - crashes

Cannot open Network & Internet Settings - crashes: Hello everybody, I need some help. My internet is working, but I cannot open network & internet settings, it just crashes. I have tried safe mode, it opens in safe mode but when I go back to normal mode it wont open. It is a small issue that is driving me nuts. I have tried...