Windows 10: Network issue! Please help!

Discus and support Network issue! Please help! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to share drives from one PC to another. Both running windows 10 pro. Both Ethernet through a router. Have shared a drive... have granted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AKDoc, May 1, 2020.

1. AKDoc Win User

Network issue! Please help!

I am trying to share drives from one PC to another. Both running windows 10 pro. Both Ethernet through a router.

Have shared a drive... have granted access to everyone.... Computers see each other. But if click on either CPU.. I get the dreaded... Windows cannot access\\ see permissions?!?!?!?!

I F%^$&# hate windows.

:)

AKDoc, May 1, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, May 1, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 1, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

Windows 10 Networking Issue: After Windows Reset I can connect to network but no internet

Thank you for the update. For us not to repeat the troubleshooting steps you've already performed, could you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've already performed?

Also, we suggest trying to run the Network troubleshooter to help with your issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type Network troubleshooter in the Cortana search box.
    • Then select Identify and repair network problems.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if it fixes the problem.

Get back to us and give us an update.

John Fer, May 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Network issue! Please help! - Similar Threads - Network issue Please

2. Driver issues please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver issues please help: I installed Ubuntu over my Windows install, and just now decided to install Windows again, and my drivers stuff is gone. I have a acer nitro AN515-55 with a GTX 1650Ti GPU and an intel core i5 10th gen something, how do I get nitrosense and all the other geforce stuff back???...
  3. Network issue in Windows 10. Please help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issue in Windows 10. Please help: Hello, I have a problem with my laptop Windows 10, which is: If the power goes out and comes back, I will not be able to connect to the Internet again, unless I restart the laptop.I hope you can help me, Thanks....
  4. Network / Notwork Help please.

Network / Notwork Help please.: I have 3 PC's at home - one is my server and has about 50TB, the other 2 are my wife's and my PC's. They all use W10 Pro - 20H2. They used to network happily under Windows Home server, then home group and now having allowed W10 automatic updates for a while, I officially...
  5. Please help with audio issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help with audio issues: So I have the volume mixer pulled up, i play a video or someone talks in discord and it turns every other application in the volume mixer down, but keeps the one that’s playing audio at its %100 level i disabled sound effects in enhancements and that didn’t seem to help, i...
  6. Please help with screen issue

Please help with screen issue: I accidentally placed a book down on my keyboard and it made the screen look bigger and stretched out a bit. Now I have to minimize windows and stretch them out to get the right size and my desktop icons are off the screen. I tried everything. I rechecked the screen...
  7. Please help. Xbox networking issues on pc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help. Xbox networking issues on pc.: I was trying to play cod mw with my friend whose on xbox and the xbox game bars party was not working AT ALL. Now me being the dummy i am i try to and fix this problem with the power of google. I went into apps and reset the xbox app, game bar and stuff. This didnt fix...
  8. please help - colour issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    please help - colour issue: Hi I'm setting up my sons new pc and the screen is a funny grey/purple colour. I've tried pressing every button and I cant make it show other colours. any ideas please...
  9. Please help me resolve this home network issue

Please help me resolve this home network issue: I’ve spent weeks trying to solve this and it’s driving me insane. Please help if you can. I have a home network with 4 machines, all running Windows10. All installations are about 2 months old, and the problem only started after the recent Windows reinstall. The main...
  10. Network driver issues Please help!

Network driver issues Please help!: Hi everyone. I recently received a new top end PC and am having some issues that I can't for the life of me resolve so I'm hoping you can all help me out a bit. My MoBo is an ASUS Maximus gene VIII Z170 board I run my ethernet through homeplugs. These by default go...