Windows 10: Network issue. Wifi drops minutes after login. (DNS timeout)

Discus and support Network issue. Wifi drops minutes after login. (DNS timeout) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, everyone. The wifi connection drops let's say 1-2 minutes after login. The net icon in the tray doesn't change mode from connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Leon Robinson, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Network issue. Wifi drops minutes after login. (DNS timeout)

Hello, everyone.

The wifi connection drops let's say 1-2 minutes after login. The net icon in the tray doesn't change mode from connected to disconnected, so you don't know exactly when it happens. More, it happens with ANY wifi connection (not only the one in my house). I took a look to the event viewer, it talks about a "DNS Client events": No DNS server answered (Timeout in name's resolution). Usually, after reconnection, the wifi is stable, but it drops again if I connect from sleep mode.

Everything began after update to a new build (1903, I guess; I'm using 20H2 at the moment, same problem)
    It didn't happen with build 1511.
    I have a Lenovo ideapad Yoga, with a Realtek RTL8723AU Wireless adapter.

I tried, without success, all the following:

- whole network reset
    - adapter uninstall and reinstall with drivers taken from Lenovo
    - reinstall Windows
    - others that I don't remember

Actually I'm giving up with that because I really can't find any solution, so any suggestion is very appreciated.

I also thought about this workaround: is it possible, at Windows start, to launch a batch file that automatically, after 1 minute, disconnect and reconnect the network adapter? If yes, can someone help?

:)

Leon Robinson, Nov 22, 2020

2. Network issue. Wifi drops minutes after login. (DNS timeout)

Hello, everyone.

The wifi connection drops let's say 1-2 minutes after login. The net icon in the tray doesn't change mode from connected to disconnected, so you don't know exactly when it happens. More, it happens with ANY wifi connection (not only the one in my house). I took a look to the event viewer, it talks about a "DNS Client events": No DNS server answered (Timeout in name's resolution). Usually, after reconnection, the wifi is stable, but it drops again if I connect from sleep mode.

Everything began after update to a new build (1903, I guess; I'm using 20H2 at the moment, same problem)
    It didn't happen with build 1511.
    I have a Lenovo ideapad Yoga, with a Realtek RTL8723AU Wireless adapter.

I tried, without success, all the following:

- whole network reset
    - adapter uninstall and reinstall with drivers taken from Lenovo
    - reinstall Windows
    - others that I don't remember

Actually I'm giving up with that because I really can't find any solution, so any suggestion is very appreciated.

I also thought about this workaround: is it possible, at Windows start, to launch a batch file that automatically, after 1 minute, disconnect and reconnect the network adapter? If yes, can someone help?

Leon Robinson, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Wifi Adapter Issues/Problems

Thanks. Those are very basic steps I already tried (as mentioned in my first post).

I have also tried all six steps listed on the advanced tips here: Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

My connection is spotty at best. It takes 30 minutes of resetting the network adapter to even get a wifi connection and it eventually drops it after 45 minutes.

AlexandraVallianatos, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Sebazzz Win User

Network issue. Wifi drops minutes after login. (DNS timeout)

Only wifi DNS on my home network

I am having issues using my Windows Phone on any wifi network, because for some reason DNS lookup doesn't seem to be working. I discovered it first when I was for holiday in Germany last week and suspected the wireless network of my accomodation to be the
    cause. However, a Windows netbook and Android phone connected fine.

Later, in Luxemburg when connected to an eduroam network and free network from the MacDonalds, DNS also failed. Now I am at my own country but I have used all my data of my cellular subscription so I have disabled my data connection but I am still having
    the same issues.

The following symptoms occur:

• No connection via DNS names like 'google.nl' but accessing websites via IP address works fine
    • Phone is actually accessible via network and pingable
    • Marketplace and other applications also fail due to mentioned DNS issue
    • Whatsapp push looks like to continue to function
    • Recently visited sites properly open, probably due to DNS caching
    • Rebooting doesn't help, but only clears out the DNS cache
    • Only my home wireless network seems to work, my works wifi network doesn't work, nor any network I have on vacation or in the McDonalds, nor does my parents wireless network, nor my school eduroam network. The Phone connects, but can't do any DNS
      lookups. My Phone used to open the webpage of the wireless network ToS of McDonalds when connecting to the network, but it doesn't anymore.
    Unfortunately when searching for this issue on the internet, I can't find similar results. What is the proper solution to this? It seems my phone doesn't use the DNS server appointed by DHCP but tries to use the cellular provider DNS server?

I have a Nokia Lumia 800 with Windows Phone 7.8.

Sebazzz, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Network issue. Wifi drops minutes after login. (DNS timeout)

1. Network issue. Wifi drops minutes after login. (DNS timeout) - Similar Threads - Network issue Wifi

2. WIFI dropping after several minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI dropping after several minutes: My WIFI drops after several minutes and unable to reconnect again even though that it says connected secured. I restarted my PC and disconnect and forget my WIFI multiple times but still behaving the same issue. Turning the router off still nothing. I checked my other device...
  3. WIFI dropping after several minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI dropping after several minutes: My WIFI drops after several minutes and unable to reconnect again even though that it says connected secured. I restarted my PC and disconnect and forget my WIFI multiple times but still behaving the same issue. Turning the router off still nothing. I checked my other device...
  4. WIFI dropping after several minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WiFi keeps dropping every minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi keeps dropping every minute: From the first day I bought my PC I've had connectivity issues, but I managed by just running the troubleshooter. However recently, my wifi connection will drop. When I try to reconnect, it says unable to connect to this network. I then go to settings and run the...
  6. WiFi keeps dropping every minute

WiFi keeps dropping every minute: From the first day I bought my PC I've had connectivity issues, but I managed by just running the troubleshooter. However recently, my wifi connection will drop. When I try to reconnect, it says unable to connect to this network. I then go to settings and run the...
  7. DNS server issues w/ only one Wifi network

DNS server issues w/ only one Wifi network: I've had issues accessing the internet for a while now, I've tried many steps of troubleshooting but none have worked and I'm not sure how to proceed. My PC can connect to my home's Wifi network, but the network shows "No internet access". This Wifi network has several other...
  8. Network issue. Wifi drops minutes after login. (DNS timeout)

in Windows 10 Support
    Network issue. Wifi drops minutes after login. (DNS timeout): Hello, everyone. The wifi connection drops let's say 1-2 minutes after login. The net icon in the tray doesn't change mode from connected to disconnected, so you don't know exactly when it happens. More, it happens with ANY wifi connection (not only the one in my house). I...
  9. Wifi dropping every few minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi dropping every few minutes: Hi, My wifi has been doing this thing where it drops for no reason. It will freeze my computer then disconnect. Every few times it will show no wifi near me at all and I have to reset my computer to reconnect to my wifi. I have troubleshooted countless times, have reset the...
  10. Network and dns issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network and dns issues: My internet on computer is broken, every other device in the house works fine. The problem seems to be something about latency, dns and connecting. The troubleshooter seems to say dns server isn't responding. Faq's will not help me I need direct help please. It may not even...