Windows 10: Network issues after 2004 update

Discus and support Network issues after 2004 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ever since I got the windows 2004 update, my WiFi speeds have been reduced drastically. I have tried the command prompt solution, reinstalling drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SiLenT_KnIGhT12, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Network issues after 2004 update

Ever since I got the windows 2004 update, my WiFi speeds have been reduced drastically. I have tried the command prompt solution, reinstalling drivers, updating drivers and resetting network. Could someone help me with this?

submitted by /u/SiLenT_KnIGhT12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SiLenT_KnIGhT12, Jul 17, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jul 17, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Windows 10 Networking Issue: After Windows Reset I can connect to network but no internet

Thank you for the update. For us not to repeat the troubleshooting steps you've already performed, could you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've already performed?

Also, we suggest trying to run the Network troubleshooter to help with your issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type Network troubleshooter in the Cortana search box.
    • Then select Identify and repair network problems.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if it fixes the problem.

Get back to us and give us an update.

John Fer, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Brink Win User
Thema:

Network issues after 2004 update

1. Network issues after 2004 update - Similar Threads - Network issues 2004

2. Windows 10 home - IP layer network issues after updating to 2004.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 home - IP layer network issues after updating to 2004.: After updating to windows version 2004, I suffer a really perplexing network issue: +IP configuration is normal +Ping to any IP gateway and internet IP's works fine -No TCP/UDP seems to work for any windows app including browsers, steam, etc. -nslookup produces no...
  3. Laptop with sleep issues after update 2004

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop with sleep issues after update 2004: Hi My laptop doesn't sleep after updating from 1903 factory default to version 2004. Before the update, the device was normal and going automatically to sleep when left idle for 10 minutes. No power setting was changed and Windows Update is always activated. I checked...
  4. Printing issues after updating to 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing issues after updating to 2004: Hello, After the 2004 update, when I print an email, that would have printed on one page, it now prints on 4 pages with the first page looking like a title page with the sent from and subject line, the body of the email prints on the following pages, and the last page is...
  5. Colour Management Issues after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Colour Management Issues after 2004 update: A long shot, but does anyone here still use Picasa, in particular the Picasa image viewer, if so or if you've noticed on other photo viewers, is the colour management working for you? Colour management works fine in the main Picasa program for me, but not in the image viewer...
  6. Network Connectivity issue after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Connectivity issue after 2004 update: We had this issue on our Dell Latitudes after we performed latest windows 10 2004 feature update where several applications such as Skype for Business & Outlook can't sense network connectivity until you disable and re-enable the network card interface as shown below:...
  7. Storage issues after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Storage issues after 2004 update: Update to 2004 went very well except that when I go to Settings-System-Storage and click on Temporary files it does not show which files can be removed. It just stays blank. Has anyone seen this? I checked other posts but did not see any reference to this. Thanks everyone....
  8. Storage issues after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Storage issues after 2004 update: Update to 2004 went very well except that when I go to Settings-System-Storage and click on Temporary files it does not show which files can be removed. It just stays blank. Has anyone seen this? I checked other posts but did not see any reference to this. Thanks everyone....
  9. Issue after latest(2004) update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue after latest(2004) update: Hello guys, I installed the latest update but my pc suddenly became slower. Windows UI animations are laggy and I think that gaming performance is worse too. Is there anything I am missing? I have a good pc and Windows UI was smooth before update. CPU: AMD Ryzen R5 2600 GPU:...
  10. Bluetooth Module issues after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Module issues after 2004 update: So, I've updated to 2004 and like many of you I have bugs. Here's mine pain in the... Every time I start up windows the Bluetooth module broke and is interrupted. So I don't have the Bluetooth button in the notification panel and cannot connect any Bluetooth device unless I...