Windows 10: Network issues after removing bridged connection through hyper-v

Discus and support Network issues after removing bridged connection through hyper-v in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I successfully bridged my internet connection in hyper-v with a linux mint virtual machine. i then decided to remove the bridged connection. upon doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ctr1_alt_del, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Network issues after removing bridged connection through hyper-v

I successfully bridged my internet connection in hyper-v with a linux mint virtual machine. i then decided to remove the bridged connection. upon doing so i lost all connectivity on my host machine windows 10 pro 64bit. I restarted the host machine and still no network connection. i reset network settings and it seemed to work but every so often i lost internet connection. i decided to do a system recovery fresh factory default install and it seemed to do the trick. but every now and again not as bad as before i still lose internet connection.

Network issues after removing bridged connection through hyper-v 9e8102bb-6934-44f9-85be-b8257113ed37?upload=true.png

:)

ctr1_alt_del, Jun 4, 2020
  2. PJLLB Win User

Hyper-V Network Adapter Bridge Mode?

I'm running successfully running Android BlueStacks in a Hyper-V machine and have network connectivity through the host adapter. However, one Android app I run does not fully function because it believes the device is not on the same subnet as the actual host machine. Someone on another forum indicated that the host adapter needed to be in bridge mode, thus ensuring that the virtual machine is on the exact subnet as the host and other device attached to the router. They suggest using something busybox for the VM and set the network adapter to bridge mode, but I really don't want to add that to my machine.

So the question is: does Hyper-V provide a bridge mode setting for the (virtual) network adapter?

PJLLB, Jun 4, 2020
  3. windows 10 failed to remove network bridge completely

I am using Hyper-V on Windows 10.

Two days ago, I added a virtual switch at first using wireless network adapter with connection type of internal network, and then added a bridge between the virtual switch and actual wireless net adapter. It's certain that my virtual machine can't connect to
    the outside because of the internal network type of the switch. After I was aware of the fault I wanted to change the connection type of the virtual switch to external network but failed. And then I had a urgent matter and closed the computer. After I reopened
    the computer, I entered the UI {control panel}\{network and internet}\{network connection} and selected the network bridge and intended to remove it via its context menu. After accepted the remove instruction the computer lost response for a long time (over
    15 minutes) and I had to shutdown the computer hardly.

After restarted the system I removed the virtual switch from Hyper-V manager and just wanted to add a new one with connection type of external network. But I received a message as follows:

Fail to bind Ethernet port {here is a GUID}: requested resource is in use.

Can't bind the virtual switch to WLAN adapter because the network bridge is in use. You are allowed to config at most one virtual switch to connect to WLAN adapter.

(The above messages are originally shown in Chinese. I am regretful that the above messages might lack of accuracy because of my poor translation skill)

And now I can't add virtual switch and my virtual machine consequently can't access outside network via WiFi.

I guess that the unsuccessful removing operation(the one caused system halted) of the network bridge had removed the bridge from the UI but in the background just somewhere, the network bridge exists still and occupies the port resource.

I had tried to disable Hyper-V and re-enable Hyper-V from {Enable Windows features on or off}, and it cut no ice with the problem.

SirZWProfileAtMSDN, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Network issues after removing bridged connection through hyper-v

Hyper-V networking

Windows 10 Pro, Build 10586.71. Hyper-V installed. All was working well, and then I got a chipset update from Dell. Installed the update and rebooted computer. After that networking was not working correctly, windows showed limited connectivity. I looked
    a little to roll back the driver update, but Windows did not show a new Nic card driver and the chipsets I looked at also did not show a current date. The Dell Command update program does not provide a way to uninstall updates.

I tried to access hyper-v switch manager but it returns an error that "an error occurred while trying to retrieve a list of virtual switches". Also tried using the powershell cmdlet but got a general error.

I accessed the networking center and deleted the Hyper V adapter, then edited my LAN card's config disabling the two Hyper V protocols and enabling the rest. This let me get back on-line with my computer. I have tried uninstalling the Hyper V feature,
    reboot, reinstall - but I am still unable to access the switch manager. I then removed the feature again, re-named the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V directory, rebooted, added the feature again. This time (obviously) none of my VM's show up but
    I'm still unable to access the switch manager.

There is no critical data in my Hyper V, I use it for testing, re-creating issues, learning, etc. Is there a way for Windows 10 (or something designed for server 2012 that will apply) that I can use to fully reset the Hyper v networking, or fully rest all
    of hyper v so I can get it working again? I do use the workstation heavily, it's my work computer so it would be very difficult to impossible to reinstall the OS.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Matthew.Hart.TMG, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Network issues after removing bridged connection through hyper-v

1. Network issues after removing bridged connection through hyper-v - Similar Threads - Network issues removing

2. Hyper V Networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V Networking: Hello I am trying to get my 6 different VLANS to communicate with each other on the same Hyper V Host.In fact my networking skills are very rusty and i am looking for some help and guidance.The below is my setup:i have a Managed Switch with VLANs with an uplink from the...
  3. Hyper V Networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V Networking: Hello I am trying to get my 6 different VLANS to communicate with each other on the same Hyper V Host.In fact my networking skills are very rusty and i am looking for some help and guidance.The below is my setup:i have a Managed Switch with VLANs with an uplink from the...
  4. Cannot connect to computer with Hyper-V through LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to computer with Hyper-V through LAN: Usually I can connect to my PC from my phone over LAN. After enabling Hyper-V and using external switch, I cannot connect to my PC over LAN anymore. The IP of external switch is something like 192.168.0.15 using ipconfig command, but I cannot access it.I host my web service...
  5. Hyper-V causing network issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V causing network issues: Ok so I have a really specific issue that I couldn't seem to find a solution for. There is a bit of background so bear with me. I just built a new PC about a month ago and install Windows 10 pro on it. I connected my PC to the internet via ethernet connection. A couple of...
  6. VM connection issue with Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM connection issue with Hyper-V: I have had this long standing issue with Hyper-V VMconnection as follows. Sometimes I have a VM in a window, and I go to maximise it to full screen, but the windows 10 display part does no resize to full Window. Ok that is usually sorted by clicking the Hyper-V control bar...
  7. Is removal of Hyper-V Remote FX the cause fo strange Hyper-V connection issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is removal of Hyper-V Remote FX the cause fo strange Hyper-V connection issue: Hi, Hope this is in the right area. I am running Windows 10 insider release (I know brave and stupid),,, which has Hyper-V 10.0.17728.1000 installed. When I try to open a VM I get a connection failed message and the VM appears in a tiny scroll box bounded area (which...
  8. Hyper-V Network Adapter Bridge Mode?

Hyper-V Network Adapter Bridge Mode?: I'm running successfully running Android BlueStacks in a Hyper-V machine and have network connectivity through the host adapter. However, one Android app I run does not fully function because it believes the device is not on the same subnet as the actual host machine. Someone...
  9. Hyper-V Connection Lost

Hyper-V Connection Lost: I am having trouble establishing a stable connection to a Windows 10 VM and the issue appears when I activate enhanced mode. The error message that I'm getting quite often is the following: "The connection was lost because another user connected to the virtual machine." There...
  10. Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V

Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V: Hello. I'm hoping somebody knowledgeable can help me. I've looked online and I can't find an answer for this problem. I've just recently picked up windows 10 (It's been less than a week so I'm admittedly a noob with it) and I want to create a virtual machine. I've gone...