Windows 10: Network Issues and resolution with "network reset" feature

Discus and support Network Issues and resolution with "network reset" feature in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a 40Mbps broadband network and I am the sole user. However, when I check the speed I am limited to 4-4.5 Mbps. So what? It could be an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NBhalara, May 20, 2020.

1. NBhalara Win User

Network Issues and resolution with "network reset" feature

Hello,

I have a 40Mbps broadband network and I am the sole user. However, when I check the speed I am limited to 4-4.5 Mbps.

So what? It could be an issue with the broadband ISP right?

Well NO.

When I do a "Network Reset", after which the PC restarts, the net speed reaches its full 40Mbps.

But when I start the PC next time, the net speed is back to the 4-4.5Mbps range.

I have checked the speed with downloads too, the speed slump and rise do check out with the Speedtestookla.

What could be the problem? How to resolve that?

:)

NBhalara, May 20, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, May 20, 2020
  3. Windows 7 networking issue

Hi all,

Today my laptop stopped opening pages on any browser (chrome, firefox, IE). Chrome says the page request is being rejected so I googled this up but wasn't able to fix it with the suggestions I found. Windows can't connect to anything in my network( other PCs etc.) and has no internet.

The funny part about all this is that my utorrent still keeps on working inside windows.

Internet and networking works fine when I am in safe mode with networking.

I tried flushing dns, reset winsock, resetting wireless adapter, reset the router, renewed the wireless lease, disabled ipv6/ipv4 alternatively, set static ip, set manual dns and tried network diagnostics - which said that there is something wrong but has insufficient information available to find out what is wrong. I can ping google from cmd.

My other PCs network absolutely fine so this is no issue with my router.

Am I missing something ? Are there any good diagnostics software that will resolve the issue I'm facing ?

Thanks in advance

techjunkie, May 20, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

Windows 10 Networking Issue: After Windows Reset I can connect to network but no internet

Thank you for the update. For us not to repeat the troubleshooting steps you've already performed, could you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've already performed?

Also, we suggest trying to run the Network troubleshooter to help with your issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type Network troubleshooter in the Cortana search box.
    • Then select Identify and repair network problems.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if it fixes the problem.

Get back to us and give us an update.

John Fer, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Network Issues and resolution with "network reset" feature - Similar Threads - Network Issues resolution

2. Network Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Reset: After doing a sucessfull network reset when wanting to reconnect to the internet it doesnt show any of my available networks which i have run the commands for netsh reset in administrator and restarted my pc many times and now it doesnt want to connect....
  3. Network discover issues after reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network discover issues after reset?: I have 2 PCs wired on same network. Primary PC is windows 11, secondary PC and Windows 10.They were able to discover each other on my network up until I unenrolled from the Microsoft Insider Program on the primary pc. I've already scoured the support forums, network discovery...
  4. Network discover issues after reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network discover issues after reset?: I have 2 PCs wired on same network. Primary PC is windows 11, secondary PC and Windows 10.They were able to discover each other on my network up until I unenrolled from the Microsoft Insider Program on the primary pc. I've already scoured the support forums, network discovery...
  5. Network Reset Issue?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Reset Issue?: Today, I did a “network reset” on my Surface book. I was led to believe that everything would simply uninstall and reinstall the network adapters on my PC. However, after the restart, I can’t connect to internet at all. Troubleshoot says this is because there is a problem...
  6. How to Reset Network Adapters using Network Reset feature in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Reset Network Adapters using Network Reset feature in Windows 11: [IMG]A Network Adapter controls the interface of an operating system and connects the system to the wireless network. But sometimes the seamless performance of OS with WiFi may get hindered sometimes. This may cause slow connection, dropped connection, lost or no connection...
  7. Network Reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Reset: I have had a new laptop since christmas and every now and then when I am watching Netflix or Amazon Prime Video my internet is lost and when I run troubleshooter it indicates the network adapter requires a network reset. Ihave tried downloading the latest drivers but the...
  8. Network Reset

Network Reset: I was having problem with the network card in my computer. It would drop the wireless network for no apparent reason. I poked around and found the network reset option. It sounded as if it would simply reinstall my network card. It only warned that I may have to reinstall...
  9. Resolution to the 'Network' fiasco?

Resolution to the 'Network' fiasco?: Is there a definitive resolution to reactivate a network after the 1803 upgrade? I seem to have tried everything that has been published and nothing has worked! Two PCs and one laptop in my house cannot share data with each other.....am I in a parallel universe where...
  10. Network Reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Reset: After doing a network reset and resrart in windows 10, i can sighn in and sfter going to the home screen, i get a message "windows has discoveres a problem and will restart in 1 minute. It restarts and does the samethig over and over...