Windows 10: Network Issues between Win 10 and Win 7

Discus and support Network Issues between Win 10 and Win 7 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After upgrading to Win 10 1903, I had to redo all local networking. No problem in getting my Win 10 computers to communicate with each other, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jpbmass_100, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Network Issues between Win 10 and Win 7

After upgrading to Win 10 1903, I had to redo all local networking. No problem in getting my Win 10 computers to communicate with each other, but the only way I can get the Win 10 computers to access shares on my old Win 7 system is to disable IP 6 on the Win 10 computer (have no idea why this works). Question: Is there a way to use IP 4 on my LAN and IP 6 when I go out to the internet??

:)

jpbmass_100, Aug 6, 2019
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Aug 6, 2019
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

Thank you. Troubleshooter did not work. I ran all the listed commands in order and that also did not work.

None of the Windows 10 computers on my home network are on the network list of the Win 7 computer but the Lan connected windows 10 computer does show up on the Windows 7 computer network map.

Any other fixes suggestions would be appreciated?

adoornik, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Network Issues between Win 10 and Win 7

Joining a Win 7 network from a Win 10 laptop

I have a Win 7 pc that served my old network.

I updated my laptops to Win 10 and now cannot network the various computers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Big Jim

Big JimSalles, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Network Issues between Win 10 and Win 7

1. Network Issues between Win 10 and Win 7 - Similar Threads - Network Issues between

2. Network between Win 10 and Win 11 computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network between Win 10 and Win 11 computers: Hi, After much head scratching and frustration, I have finally connected my Win 10 and Win 11 Laptops.I did the following things:1 Made sure both laptops are in the same Workgroup2 Made sure all drives in question are shared at least Read-only access3 Made sure that Network...
  3. Network between Win 10 and Win 11 computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network between Win 10 and Win 11 computers: Hi, After much head scratching and frustration, I have finally connected my Win 10 and Win 11 Laptops.I did the following things:1 Made sure both laptops are in the same Workgroup2 Made sure all drives in question are shared at least Read-only access3 Made sure that Network...
  4. Network between Win 10 and Win 11 computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network between Win 10 and Win 11 computers: I had 2 Win 10 computers that talked to each other fine. Through Windows Explorer I was able to see and manipulate files one the other. Now that one of the computers is Win 11, I can't see the other either direction. The target folders are all shared with full control...
  5. Network between Win 10 and Win 11 computers

Network between Win 10 and Win 11 computers: I had 2 Win 10 computers that talked to each other fine. Through Windows Explorer I was able to see and manipulate files one the other. Now that one of the computers is Win 11, I can't see the other either direction. The target folders are all shared with full control...
  6. Problem with network between win 10 + win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with network between win 10 + win 11: Hi,I have 2PC, PC S with win 10 and PC B with win 11,previosuly both PC were in Win 10 and were able to see/connect each other, I had upgraded PC with new mother board and fresh installed win 11.Now PC B win 11 can see, and connect to PC A win 10, but PC A can see PC B but...
  7. Problem with network between win 10 + win 11

Problem with network between win 10 + win 11: Hi,I have 2PC, PC S with win 10 and PC B with win 11,previosuly both PC were in Win 10 and were able to see/connect each other, I had upgraded PC with new mother board and fresh installed win 11.Now PC B win 11 can see, and connect to PC A win 10, but PC A can see PC B but...
  8. sharing between win 10 and 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing between win 10 and 7: hello, i wanna ask how can i access my win 7 shared folder form my win 10, i heard microsoft has removed homegroup from win 10 with no warning, also i cant access my shared printers as well, my win 10 version is Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 20H2 Installed...
  9. Sharing between Win 10 and Win 7

Sharing between Win 10 and Win 7: I have Windows Media Center set up on Win 7 on one machine. When I got to Network on the 10 machine, the 7 machine is listed, as well as all the drives on it. When I try to open any folder is says I don't have permission to access it. Everything I can find is set to share...
  10. Networking Win 10 with Win 7

Networking Win 10 with Win 7: I have a desktop PC and two laptops all running Win 7 and networked through my router. I'd like to upgrade one of the laptops to Win 10 as a trial starter for probable upgrade on all but do not wish to lose the network connection in the meantime. Is that going to be a problem...