Windows 10: Network issues-Can't connect to internet, but connected to wifi

Discus and support Network issues-Can't connect to internet, but connected to wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently switched ISPs (from Xfinity to Fios Verizon). After the technician came over, all my devices connected perfectly except my gaming pc. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AR1co4use, Nov 24, 2019.

1. AR1co4use Win User

Network issues-Can't connect to internet, but connected to wifi

I recently switched ISPs (from Xfinity to Fios Verizon). After the technician came over, all my devices connected perfectly except my gaming pc. This pc is custom-built, current specs:

Microsoft Win10 Pro 64 bit
    Motherboard: AS Rock H110M-DGS R3.0
    8GB RAM
    GTX 980ti 6gb
    I5 6500 Quad Core
    Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Wireless Wifi Adapter(New, bought it after the network change because the old wifi adapter couldn't find the wifi, but could find neighboring wifi networks(?).)

Anyway, after the wifi change, my old Belkin wireless wifi adapter could not find the wifi, therefore I went to BestBuy and bought the Netgear. The Netgear found the wifi, but no internet. I went on google troubleshooting, restarted wifi, rebooted the router, checked if the router was blocking my pc, ran cmd commands, reinstalled drivers for both adapter and motherboard, changed DNS to 1.1.1.1. No luck. Please help.​

:)

AR1co4use, Nov 24, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Network issues-Can't connect to internet, but connected to wifi [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Network issues-Can't connect to internet, but connected to wifi [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Network issues-Can't connect to internet, but connected to wifi

Internet Connection

• Community

I was not able to work on this issue yesterday ( busy for a 90 year old). This evening I was able to take the steps that were suggested in your email.

When I use “Device Manager” I click “ Network Adapters” I see “ Wifi” but not Eternet in this list. On the “Settings” I click “Wifi” which shows the “On' button.
    I click” Show available networks”. I wanted to capture the page that is shown, but it will not show. The top line is Network ( connected) but course I have the Ethernet cable connected. Also showing Is Five “ Broadband connections” At the bottom is
    “ Network and Internet settings” I hope for your continued help.

georgefrtsch, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Network issues-Can't connect to internet, but connected to wifi

1. Network issues-Can't connect to internet, but connected to wifi - Similar Threads - Network issues Can't

2. Wifi network connecting issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network connecting issue: Hi,I have Dell inspiron 15 5537 issue is catching wifi signals showing only one bar. if i take near router it's show full bar. Please help me about this issue.Thanks...
  3. Wifi network connecting issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network connecting issue: Hi,I have Dell inspiron 15 5537 issue is catching wifi signals showing only one bar. if i take near router it's show full bar. Please help me about this issue.Thanks...
  4. Wifi network connecting issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections: I continue to have this problem and nothing I’ve been able to find has helped. It worked once by resetting the computer to an earlier date, but it didn’t work this time. The wifi driver says it has an issue, but that the current driver is the most recent update. If anyone...
  6. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections: I continue to have this problem and nothing I’ve been able to find has helped. It worked once by resetting the computer to an earlier date, but it didn’t work this time. The wifi driver says it has an issue, but that the current driver is the most recent update. If anyone...
  7. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

8. Internet connectivity and wifi Issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connectivity and wifi Issue.: Hi community, I have HP pavillion laptop with 4 gb nividia graphics and ssd+hdd installed with windows 11. I reset my network setting once before connecting with my newly installed wifi connection but my speed on laptop is not upto the mark it ranges from 7mbps to 14mbps....
  9. Internet connectivity and wifi Issue.

Internet connectivity and wifi Issue.: Hi community, I have HP pavillion laptop with 4 gb nividia graphics and ssd+hdd installed with windows 11. I reset my network setting once before connecting with my newly installed wifi connection but my speed on laptop is not upto the mark it ranges from 7mbps to 14mbps....
  10. Wifi connects but no network internet

Wifi connects but no network internet: Currently my internet is being a little troubled. I can connect to the wifi, but only one of the networks on my computer we have a 2.4 ghz and a 5ghz network, I can only connect to the 2.4ghz network. So, I can connect to that network, and the internet does in fact work....