Windows 10: Network issues with Windows 10 Hyper V and VMs

Discus and support Network issues with Windows 10 Hyper V and VMs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey all, I have a weird issue with my Windows 10 Hyper-V that I do not have with other machines. Let me explain below: I am following this guide:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nizar I., May 7, 2019.

1. Nizar I. Win User

Network issues with Windows 10 Hyper V and VMs

Hey all,

I have a weird issue with my Windows 10 Hyper-V that I do not have with other machines. Let me explain below:

I am following this guide:

Step by step guide: Configure a test lab to deploy Windows 10 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/windows-10-poc

The lab is going fine. Following the instructions and im moving alone learning a new thing here and there.

With this lab i created 3 virtual switches:

Internal vSwitch

External vSwitch

Local vSwitch

There are 2 server VM's are running:

VM1:

Win2k12r2
    Internal vSwitch

192.168.0.x

DC, AD, DHCP and DNS servers

VM2:

Win2k12r2
    Internal vSwitch

External vSwitch (to download updates & other resources)

DNS, MDT, SCCM

So like i said, everything is dandy except for 1 thing, whenever i shutdown VM1 my Windows 10 Hyper-V host loses connection to the network.

The virtual network is on 192.168.0.x and my physical network is 192.168.1.x

This is the ipconfig /all from the host machine: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/StPNZYnBYK/

This is the ipconfig /all from the VM2: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/QzSZjFGknF/

This is the ipconfig /all from the VM1: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/SKHRHVb9z9/df

Any thoughts of why the host machine loses connection when i turn off the VM's would be greatly appreciated.

Network issues with Windows 10 Hyper V and VMs b42a2633-f569-401b-886c-43bbff319f81?upload=true.png

:)

Nizar I., May 7, 2019

2. Hyper-V networking

Windows 10 Pro, Build 10586.71. Hyper-V installed. All was working well, and then I got a chipset update from Dell. Installed the update and rebooted computer. After that networking was not working correctly, windows showed limited connectivity. I looked
    a little to roll back the driver update, but Windows did not show a new Nic card driver and the chipsets I looked at also did not show a current date. The Dell Command update program does not provide a way to uninstall updates.

I tried to access hyper-v switch manager but it returns an error that "an error occurred while trying to retrieve a list of virtual switches". Also tried using the powershell cmdlet but got a general error.

I accessed the networking center and deleted the Hyper V adapter, then edited my LAN card's config disabling the two Hyper V protocols and enabling the rest. This let me get back on-line with my computer. I have tried uninstalling the Hyper V feature,
    reboot, reinstall - but I am still unable to access the switch manager. I then removed the feature again, re-named the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V directory, rebooted, added the feature again. This time (obviously) none of my VM's show up but
    I'm still unable to access the switch manager.

There is no critical data in my Hyper V, I use it for testing, re-creating issues, learning, etc. Is there a way for Windows 10 (or something designed for server 2012 that will apply) that I can use to fully reset the Hyper v networking, or fully rest all
    of hyper v so I can get it working again? I do use the workstation heavily, it's my work computer so it would be very difficult to impossible to reinstall the OS.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Matthew.Hart.TMG, May 7, 2019
  3. Schism082 Win User
    No Internet in Hyper-V VM's

Hi, I have Windows 10 Enterprise and just added Hyper-V. I had 3 VM's on VMware Player and deleted and uninstalled Player. I have 3 Vm's on Hyper-V. My problem is I get no Internet on my Vm's. I am new to Hyper-V and would like to know how to connect these
    to the internet. I have "Virtual switch (automatic)" selected. They show no connections available in the VM's. How do I connect to the internet? (I'm on wifi.) I'm attaching a screenshot. Thanks

Network issues with Windows 10 Hyper V and VMs a5a649f6-ec4d-4915-ad8b-d1e2d2a5cafa.png

Schism082, May 7, 2019
  4. SarahKong Win User

Unassign Hyper V VM with deleted User account

Hyper V is not assigned based on user accounts.

Hyper V is a server feature that allows you to create VMs but they are not assigned to users.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are referring to?

And then share on a cloud drive and post link here for me to look at?

Also what are the steps you are doing to "assign" the VM to another User?

SarahKong, May 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Network issues with Windows 10 Hyper V and VMs - Similar Threads - Network issues Hyper

2. Providing Hyper-V VMs with network through custom NAT in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Providing Hyper-V VMs with network through custom NAT in Windows 10: I'm trying to set up a NAT on Windows 10 to provide Hyper-V VMs with access to both Internet and Cisco AnyConnect VPN configured on the host machine. In accordance with this manual I executed the following PowerShell script:New-VMSwitch -SwitchName 'VM NAT switch' -SwitchType...
  3. Providing Hyper-V VMs with network through custom NAT in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Providing Hyper-V VMs with network through custom NAT in Windows 10: I'm trying to set up a NAT on Windows 10 to provide Hyper-V VMs with access to both Internet and Cisco AnyConnect VPN configured on the host machine. In accordance with this manual I executed the following PowerShell script:New-VMSwitch -SwitchName 'VM NAT switch' -SwitchType...
  4. Providing Hyper-V VMs with network through custom NAT in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V: See image for errorVirtualisation is enabled in UEFI. WSL2 gives error 0x80370102. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-run-vms-on-hyper-v/f66a80ff-0862-46c6-884d-3ca09d196882
  6. Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V: See image for errorVirtualisation is enabled in UEFI. WSL2 gives error 0x80370102. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-run-vms-on-hyper-v/f66a80ff-0862-46c6-884d-3ca09d196882
  7. Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Hyper-V forgets my VMs

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V forgets my VMs: Ok on build 16288, but happened on earlier builds - when I reboot my laptop, Hyper-V keeps forgetting my VMs saying I have noinstalled. Only takes a couple of minutes to restore them but a PITA. I am going to try and unistall Hyper-V and reinstall to see if that fixes...
  9. Identifying VMs in Hyper-V

Identifying VMs in Hyper-V: Hi does anybody know how to tell what Hyper-V VM is connected to which /vhdx file ? It is all a bit of a mess now. I am guessing the only valid ones are the large datafiles? cheers [img] 84958
  10. how to open hyper-v's vms networks under sep client?

how to open hyper-v's vms networks under sep client?: How to open hyper-v's vms networks under sep client? I've installed sep client on windows 10 x64 pro, and give hyper-'s external network to hyper-v's virtual machine centos 7 x64 and hyper-'s internal network with bridge to hyper-v's virtual machine windows 8.1....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper v windows 10 network issue

2. hyper-v network issues

3. hyper v windows 10 with network issue

4. hyper-v windows 10 having issue,
  5. windows 10 hyper-v network,
  6. hyper-v network issue