Windows 10: network links shared icons remain after hhd replacement

Discus and support network links shared icons remain after hhd replacement in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; replaced an inoperable hhd which had several shared folders. after setting up the new one with different folders which are now being shared. to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by genevaprice, Jan 14, 2021.

1. network links shared icons remain after hhd replacement

replaced an inoperable hhd which had several shared folders. after setting up the new one with different folders which are now being shared. to my surprise every computer on my network still displays not not only shows the new shared folders but also the old shared folder icons. how do i get rid of them?

:)

genevaprice, Jan 14, 2021
  2. xubidoo Win User

My Network Places Icon

already tried that *Frown network links shared icons remain after hhd replacement :( TweakUI shows the icon checked so it should be showing .but as he has deleted it manually it wont appear.

the icon itself doesnt seem to be linked to anything except network connections folder ,which doesnt show shared files on the other PC, is strange.

xubidoo, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Mooly Win User

network links shared icons remain after hhd replacement

HHD question on replacing EIDE with a SATA.

At the moment this is a bit hypothetical. I have a 9.5yr old Acer laptop that has its original 120Gb drive fitted. The drive says on it 'Enhanced IDE'.

The Crucial website says that the original storage fitted has 'Serial ATA support' and suggests a standard SATA SSD as a replacement.

My question is whether you can just fit a modern SATA drive as a straight swap here. Not necessarily the Crucial one as I've seen some good offers on Samsung SSD's, and in any case I wouldn't want to spend much on such an old PC.

network links shared icons remain after hhd replacement [​IMG]

network links shared icons remain after hhd replacement [​IMG]

Mooly, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

network links shared icons remain after hhd replacement

1. network links shared icons remain after hhd replacement - Similar Threads - network links shared

2. Share or Link !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share or Link !: I have been creating OneDrive links for a long time now without any problem. However if I open OneDrive and click on Share and send nobody receives them ! I have to "create" a link and copy to a email address in order for it to work. If I use the "Share" method my OutLook...
  3. Share or Link !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share or Link !: I have been creating OneDrive links for a long time now without any problem. However if I open OneDrive and click on Share and send nobody receives them ! I have to "create" a link and copy to a email address in order for it to work. If I use the "Share" method my OutLook...
  4. Share or Link !

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. hhd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hhd: hello i have added a hdd to my computer from a old device it is spinning and it shows up in the bios but not the program called 'disk manager' or in the my pc tab, any ideas, thanks ioan...
  6. Replace HHD with SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace HHD with SSD: I have a a computer that I want to install a ssd in and use the current hhd for the file storrage. The version of windows 10 when I bought my computer was 1903. I made a recovery USB for it and have not backed up any of the updates. If I put a ssd in and use my backup will...
  7. home networks & shared links

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    home networks & shared links: Please can anyone, give me answer how to correct the following. I have Windows 10 just updated to version 1809. My wife & I both had computer that were linked through the home network. a short while ago her machine crashed, due to a faulty mother board & scrapped, therefor...
  8. share link

in Windows 10 Customization
    share link: Every time I go to use the....share link, by email....it asks.....choose which account to send the email from.......but it doesn't give me any choice to choose from....what is wrong or what don't I have set up correct.......
  9. HHD question on replacing EIDE with a SATA.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HHD question on replacing EIDE with a SATA.: At the moment this is a bit hypothetical. I have a 9.5yr old Acer laptop that has its original 120Gb drive fitted. The drive says on it 'Enhanced IDE'. The Crucial website says that the original storage fitted has 'Serial ATA support' and suggests a standard SATA SSD as a...
  10. Battery icon, % remaining

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery icon, % remaining: Hi, I put windows 10 on my tablet, and I have the battery icon in the notification area. If I tap it when the charger is plugged in, it will pop up a percentage and 'time remaining until fully charged'. If I tap it when it isn't charging, the icon background changes as...