Windows 10: Network list will not pop up.

Discus and support Network list will not pop up. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some reason my network list will not pop up. I don't mean my network isn't popping up because of my router or something, I mean the list will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nathan Waller, May 16, 2019.

1. Network list will not pop up.

For some reason my network list will not pop up. I don't mean my network isn't popping up because of my router or something, I mean the list will literally not show up and I do not know why. Here is a picture from when I went to Status and hit "Show available networks". Troubleshoot did not work. Any help would be appreciated!

Network list will not pop up. [​IMG]Network list will not pop up. [​IMG]

:)

Nathan Waller, May 16, 2019

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, May 16, 2019
  3. wortex Win User
    My PC is not listed in Network

Hi Eagle51 & thanks for quick response

I am very grateful for your help

1 was not enabled. I enabled it and restarted the HT-PC, but now the HT-PC is not visible in Network list on any computer.

...then i run 2 and both was true.

Next step?

wortex, May 16, 2019
  4. Boatvan Win User

Network list will not pop up.

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Network list will not pop up.

1. Network list will not pop up. - Similar Threads - Network list pop

2. Clicking on wifi icon does not cause list of networks to pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking on wifi icon does not cause list of networks to pop up: Hello,I am working on configuring my home network so that I can connect to my NAS drive server remotely using a VPN. During this time I am needing to go back and forth between being on my LAN and then isolating a laptop by putting it on my cellphone hotspot so I can test if I...
  3. Clicking on wifi icon does not cause list of networks to pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking on wifi icon does not cause list of networks to pop up: Hello,I am working on configuring my home network so that I can connect to my NAS drive server remotely using a VPN. During this time I am needing to go back and forth between being on my LAN and then isolating a laptop by putting it on my cellphone hotspot so I can test if I...
  4. Network diagnostic tool keeps popping up randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network diagnostic tool keeps popping up randomly: Randomly while my computer is on and running either idle or while I'm using it the network diagnostic tool will activate by itself and run a check then display that nothing is wrong is there a way to turn this off or what could be causing this?...
  5. network credentials pop up when accessing another device on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network credentials pop up when accessing another device on network: PROBLEM #1: I have one desktop running on Win 7, one laptop running on Win 10, and 1 printer on the same network. I used to be able to access files between both devices without any issue. Recently, when I try to access the desktop from my laptop, a "Enter Windows...
  6. 5G wifi wont show up on list of networks

5G wifi wont show up on list of networks: My PC is not recognizing my home wifi network's 5G Spectrum. Yes, my PC is 5G compatible but my PC is not picking up the 5G network. Looked at the network adaptors and tried to find the 802.11n mode to see if it was disabled, but there was no option there with that label....
  7. WiFi not showing up on available network list...

WiFi not showing up on available network list...: I have done the appropriate troubleshooting and updated my computer, Dell, Windows 10, rebooted everything... Consistently, I am not getting my router to show up on available networks. I have a dozen or so other devices and computer on wifi now and my computer works on all...
  8. Network Locationd new folder popped up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Locationd new folder popped up: I really do not know how this folder anonymously popped up under this pc tab on my computer, and it's called movie ish desktop-dt9ml3s . This folder contains more folders inside named pictures taken, music ,etc. I am really worried because I have never seen this before on my...
  9. Wifi network not showing up in list of available networks

Wifi network not showing up in list of available networks: One of my family members recently gave me a factory-reset Toshiba laptop. When I try to connect it to my house's wifi network, the network does not show up in the list of available networks. Any idea what's causing this, or how to fix it?...
  10. Remove Network Credentials Pop-up

Remove Network Credentials Pop-up: I have a pc that I have just started using and when I try to access one of the other computers it keeps asking "Enter Network Credentials". How do I remove that asking? Other computers can share with one another. How can I get rid of this credential request? Thanks 117394