Windows 10: Network location mapped SharePoint connection lost after Internet Explorer temp deleted

Discus and support Network location mapped SharePoint connection lost after Internet Explorer temp deleted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,I have mapped a SharePoint network \\mydomain.sharepoint.com@SSL\DavWWWRoot\teams\GroupName\Shared Documents in windows Network locations as a Z... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MIHALCEA Ionut-Catalin, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Network location mapped SharePoint connection lost after Internet Explorer temp deleted

Hello,I have mapped a SharePoint network \\mydomain.sharepoint.com@SSL\DavWWWRoot\teams\GroupName\Shared Documents in windows Network locations as a Z Drive because I am running some automated processes that store/read data from that SharePoint and cannot access the folders through the browser.I am working with several scripts that delete temporary files/folders from Internet Explorer and other locations and after that the access to the Z Drive is lost. To reconnect I must open the Internet Explorer and open the Z Drive – and the connection is set again this process was automated.The Int

:)

MIHALCEA Ionut-Catalin, Oct 21, 2021
  2. Van Hoof Win User

Restore SharePoint mappings in Windows Explorer

All

In my company we use a selfmade tool which makes a backup of network mappings, installed network printers, specific user settings, custom files/folders, ... We are now in a transition to Office 365 and SharePoint.

If you go via a web browser to a SharePoint Document Folder you have a button Sync. This button adds a link to the SharePoint Document Folder in your Windows Explorer.

My goal is to make a backup of these SharePoint links so that I easily can add these links back in Windows Explorer if a user gets a new computer (or in case computer must be reinstalled).

• I found out that these "SharePoint links" are stored in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OneDrive\Accounts
    • I exported that branch out of the registry.
    • Then I stopped the sync of the SharePoint Document Folders in my Windows Explorer so the links are gone.
    • I than imported the registry keys but this does not show the SharePoint Document Folders in my Windows Explorer (even not after a restart)

Does someone know how to solve this?

Van Hoof, Oct 21, 2021
  3. TechDoran Win User
    Mapping a List with Sharepoint

I'm trying to map a List for a client from SharePoint to file explorer. The issue is that the link I was provided to map is not a folder or a document; it is a list page, and the normal usual method of mapping a shared drive through file explorer isn't working,
    because that method doesn't like the .aspx ending.

Other advice has been to go to SharePoint via Internet Explorer and I should see a tab labelled "Library" and from there I can open it in File Explorer etc. I can't see that Library tab, because this particular item isn't a document or a folder, it's a List.
    Elsewhere in SharePoint I can see the Library tab and can successfully open in File Explorer etc, because those other pages are actual documents.

Is there a way to connect to a List as a shared drive in File Explorer? My feeling is that this isn't a thing that can be done.

What you see when you are viewing a List:

Network location mapped SharePoint connection lost after Internet Explorer temp deleted 402d52f2-177c-49dc-986f-19bbcd605e8b?upload=true.png

What you see when you're viewing a collection of documents:

Network location mapped SharePoint connection lost after Internet Explorer temp deleted 51930b09-2479-4ba5-8016-fa30849c362a?upload=true.png

TechDoran, Oct 21, 2021
  4. rob1618 Win User

Network location mapped SharePoint connection lost after Internet Explorer temp deleted

Lost internet connection after upgrading to Windows 10.

after downloading windows 10, i had no internet wifi connections. tried almost everything from community.

I downloaded talent driver network software to an

external drive using another computer and then ran the set up on non internet computer. Wifi networks reappeared and I was able to get on the internet and download some apps but connects lost by the next day when turned on computer, Again unable to get
    on internet and network adapters not listed. Talent driver software no longer effective.

tried INFO GROUND(/) STEP 1. NO CHANGED...no connections listed.

thanks fo trying to help. Any other suggestions

rob1618, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Network location mapped SharePoint connection lost after Internet Explorer temp deleted

1. Network location mapped SharePoint connection lost after Internet Explorer temp deleted - Similar Threads - Network location mapped

2. Network & internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network & internet connection lost: Hi there, My problem was I woke up in the morning and open my laptop as usual. Everything was fine, the wifi was connected. I turn off my laptop, and open it again after an hour later. All of the sudden my connection was lost. Not just lost, but theres no network available...
  3. Network & internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network & internet connection lost: Hi there, My problem was I woke up in the morning and open my laptop as usual. Everything was fine, the wifi was connected. I turn off my laptop, and open it again after an hour later. All of the sudden my connection was lost. Not just lost, but theres no network available...
  4. Network & internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network location mapped SharePoint connection lost after Internet Explorer temp deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network location mapped SharePoint connection lost after Internet Explorer temp deleted: Hello,I have mapped a SharePoint network \\mydomain.sharepoint.com@SSL\DavWWWRoot\teams\GroupName\Shared Documents in windows Network locations as a Z Drive because I am running some automated processes that store/read data from that SharePoint and cannot access the folders...
  6. Network location mapped SharePoint connection lost after Internet Explorer temp deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network location mapped SharePoint connection lost after Internet Explorer temp deleted: Hello,I have mapped a SharePoint network \\mydomain.sharepoint.com@SSL\DavWWWRoot\teams\GroupName\Shared Documents in windows Network locations as a Z Drive because I am running some automated processes that store/read data from that SharePoint and cannot access the folders...
  7. Restore SharePoint mappings in Windows Explorer

Restore SharePoint mappings in Windows Explorer: All In my company we use a selfmade tool which makes a backup of network mappings, installed network printers, specific user settings, custom files/folders, ... We are now in a transition to Office 365 and SharePoint. If you go via a web browser to a SharePoint Document...
  8. Internet Temp File Location missing in Internet Options?

Internet Temp File Location missing in Internet Options?: Steps to possibly cause this I did Reinstalled Avast Free at 2am last night, discovered afterwards Internet Temp FIles location option missing, Any ideas how to solve this, extensions in edge not working well at all Edge reset? System Reset? sfc /scannow...
  9. Delete Temp Internet Files

in Browsers and Email
    Delete Temp Internet Files: I have read I guess all over the net how to delete temp internet files, I have tried everything inc CCleaner nothing seems to work, and I notice that people have written from about august 2015. Am using a new dell xps 8900 desktop with win 10 pro, am I right to think there...
  10. network mapping in win explorer

network mapping in win explorer: *Sad Has anyone found any fixes for the several problems with network mapping? 7185