Windows 10: network location tab is missing on group policy network list

Discus and support network location tab is missing on group policy network list in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I found a problem for new connected wifi network on windows 10, after narrowing down I noticed new connected wifi on group policy -> windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SOMalSaha, Feb 29, 2020.

1. SOMalSaha Win User

network location tab is missing on group policy network list

Hi

I found a problem for new connected wifi network on windows 10, after narrowing down I noticed new connected wifi on group policy -> windows setting -> Security settings -> Network list management, when right click on the network name, there is no "Network Location" tab for that.

how this tab is not there for new SSIDs which I connect?
    for old SSIDs, this tab is shown.

:)

SOMalSaha, Feb 29, 2020

2. Location Type Missing?! (after windows 10 installation)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are willing to change to change the home network from public to private. So here are the steps which might help you to fix the issue.

• Press the Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type gpedit.msc to open Group Policy editor.
    • Once the Local Group Policy Editor window loads, navigate on the left side of the window to
      Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Network List Manager Policies. Find your network connection on the right side of the window (in our example it’s simply called “Network”) and double-click to open its Network Properties
      window.

network location tab is missing on group policy network list [​IMG]

• Head to the Network Location tab and change the “Location Type” selection to the desired setting. For our example, we’ll select
      Private. Press “Apply” and then close the Properties window and the Local Group Policy Editor.

network location tab is missing on group policy network list [​IMG]

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 29, 2020
  3. why is Network and Sharing center saying my personal home network location is "public network"?

Hi Christs,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know what is the exact issue you are facing with accessing the home network on your device?

If you are wishing to change the home network location from public to private, try the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Press Windows key + r and type secpol.msc.
    • Now click on Network list manager policy.
    • Double click on Network in the right pane.
    • Go to Network location tab, here you can manually change the network location
      from Private to Public and vice versa.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 29, 2020
  4. oily_17 Win User

Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

1. network location tab is missing on group policy network list - Similar Threads - network location tab

2. missing sandbox group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing sandbox group policy: im trying to disable networking in windows sandbox but in both the registry and group policy neither entry is there for windows sandbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-sandbox-group-policy/9680119b-9968-46e8-a1c0-502f7aa756f1
  3. Missing available networks list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing available networks list: available networks not showing after update to my PC. Same update to my surface and they still show. Any answers? I have tried all the available answers so far but no change to date. IanB...
  4. Wireless Network 802.11 Policies not listed in Group Policy Editor

Wireless Network 802.11 Policies not listed in Group Policy Editor: I am in the process of trying to get Miracast working. I understand this is a fairly common issue for computers that were upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. One of the articles that I'm following is recommending that I make a change in the Wireless Network 802.11 Policies...
  5. Group Policy Object Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy Object Missing: Hi All - I run GPResult /R and see 9 GPO's applied. I then jump over to the server and only see 8 GPO's under "Group Policy Objects". Of course, the one GPO that I need to work on is missing. I searched and found a few potential solutions but they didn't fix my issue. I...
  6. Group Policy missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Group Policy missing: Hi, I was trying to disable Windows Defender (caused a BSOD which caused an update failure), and tried to run gpedit.msc. It didn't exist. I tried using CMD to install it, failed to install. Apparently the files are missing from system32 and are now in syswow64. Is it safe to...
  7. Entire Laptop listed as Networked Location

Entire Laptop listed as Networked Location: Hi everyone: It's possible that a long time ago I created this "network" location on my laptop when I was trying to connect my Brother printer. That said, how do I get rid of it or am I supposed to have it? Notice how the users are duplicated? I think it may be causing a...
  8. Group Policy and the Apps List

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy and the Apps List: I am working on a Windows 2012 R2 server that is the DC for my network. The employees all use Windows 10 machines governed by Group Policy. We restrict what they see in their Start Menu as well as what is in their apps list. We updated a few computers to see how they would...
  9. Missing Network lists.

Missing Network lists.: About 1 - 2 weeks ago my 2x PC's and 2x Laptops (all on windows 10) suddenly lost the ability to display available network lists. I have looked through numerous threads on the subject, and tried most of the suggested work arounds without success. I have made no software or...
  10. Wireless Network (IEEE 802.11) Policies in local group policy ?

Wireless Network (IEEE 802.11) Policies in local group policy ?: Dear forum readers, I know it's possible to configure Wireless settings by policy. However it seems absent from the local group policy, which is where I would like to put it. How can I do ? Maybe it would work if I copy the corresponding "Wireless Network (IEEE 802.11)...