Windows 10: Network location?

Discus and support Network location? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What is this ? Will it harm? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-location/7c038228-3a87-4f6e-a38b-9e21f1888829 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aarongoh72, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Network location?

What is this ? Will it harm?

Network location? 46874dae-e819-4b17-bc0c-92be8f1fedf5?upload=true.png Network location? 422a0bac-ccf1-4e86-98cd-9bcfb24dadd2?upload=true.png

:)

aarongoh72, Jan 16, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

add a network location windows 10

Hi Erich,

Adding a network place in Windows allows you to access FTP, Windows file shares, and some HTTP servers directly in My Network Places, without having to use an FTP client.
    To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried adding a network location?
    • Are you trying to add a network location or map a network drive?

Meanwhile, if you're adding a network location, we suggest that you follow these steps below about adding a network location:

• Open This PC in File Explorer, click on the Computer tab, click on the
      Add a network location button in the ribbon.
    • Click on Next in the Add Network Location wizard.
    • Click on Choose a custom network location, and click on
      Next
    • Type the address of the website, FTP site, or network location you want to add, and click on
      Next.
    • If you are allowed to log on anonymously to this network location, click on
      Next
    • Type a name you want for this network location in This PC, and click on
      Next
    • If you are not allowed to log on anonymously to this network location, then uncheck the
      Log on anonymously box, enter the user name for the network location, and click on
      Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • If you could not log on anonymously to this network location, you will see a
      Log On As
      dialog prompting you to enter the user name and password for this network location. Check the
      Save password box if you do not want to be required to type the user name and password every time you access this network location. Click on
      Log On when finished.
    • The network location will now open.

If you're mapping a network, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to map a network drive.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Network location?

why is Network and Sharing center saying my personal home network location is "public network"?

Hi Christs,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know what is the exact issue you are facing with accessing the home network on your device?

If you are wishing to change the home network location from public to private, try the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Press Windows key + r and type secpol.msc.
    • Now click on Network list manager policy.
    • Double click on Network in the right pane.
    • Go to Network location tab, here you can manually change the network location
      from Private to Public and vice versa.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Network location?

1. Network location? - Similar Threads - Network location

2. Locate computer on my network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locate computer on my network: Computer on my profile is mor mine I would like location as I suspect whom is illegally accessing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locate-computer-on-my-network/e6f1a48f-5fe4-42dc-a7a0-4442769b865e
  3. Locate computer on my network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locate computer on my network: Computer on my profile is mor mine I would like location as I suspect whom is illegally accessing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locate-computer-on-my-network/e6f1a48f-5fe4-42dc-a7a0-4442769b865e
  4. Changing folder location to a network drive on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing folder location to a network drive on Windows 11: We have a non-networked computer that I'm trying to redirect the Documents and Downloads folder to a network folder. The first time I changed the location it asked me for network credentials to connect. The credentials I put in were wrong and it didn't let me change them....
  5. Changing folder location to a network drive on Windows 11

Changing folder location to a network drive on Windows 11: We have a non-networked computer that I'm trying to redirect the Documents and Downloads folder to a network folder. The first time I changed the location it asked me for network credentials to connect. The credentials I put in were wrong and it didn't let me change them....
  6. Only at one location 5GHZ network not connecting, only at home I have problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only at one location 5GHZ network not connecting, only at home I have problem: Only at one location [my home] I am unable to connect to 5GHZ WIFI. I can see it under available networks. It says "can't connect to this network". Only at home. I can connect to 5GHZ network in office. Very strange. I tried many tips, nothing seems to work. Windows 10....
  7. Only at one location 5GHZ network not connecting, only at home I have problem

Only at one location 5GHZ network not connecting, only at home I have problem: Only at one location [my home] I am unable to connect to 5GHZ WIFI. I can see it under available networks. It says "can't connect to this network". Only at home. I can connect to 5GHZ network in office. Very strange. I tried many tips, nothing seems to work. Windows 10....
  8. Only at one location 5GHZ network not connecting, only at home I have problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. How do I prevent a networked drive/location to hold up Windows Explorer file manager when I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent a networked drive/location to hold up Windows Explorer file manager when I...: I have Windows 11 on my laptop which I bring around. At home I have a networked drive have set up on my home network. The same at work. The problem is that every time I open Windows Explorer file manager there's a long delay while it tries to connect to a networked...
  10. How do I prevent a networked drive/location to hold up Windows Explorer file manager when I...

How do I prevent a networked drive/location to hold up Windows Explorer file manager when I...: I have Windows 11 on my laptop which I bring around. At home I have a networked drive have set up on my home network. The same at work. The problem is that every time I open Windows Explorer file manager there's a long delay while it tries to connect to a networked...