Windows 10: Network logon hosed up AGAIN after latest update

Discus and support Network logon hosed up AGAIN after latest update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there I can't logon to NAS (Linux) from latest updated Windows 10 (Workstation Edition) any more (works perfectly FROM NAS TO Windows) Shares work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Nov 29, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Network logon hosed up AGAIN after latest update

Hi there

I can't logon to NAS (Linux) from latest updated Windows 10 (Workstation Edition) any more (works perfectly FROM NAS TO Windows)

Shares work if you manually connect via "connect network drive" with IP address but as I'm using DHCP I don't want to have fixed IP address.

It works perfectly from a Windows 7 VM so why it fails from a W10 physical machine I've no idea. I've done the usual things like SMB1and policy stuff -- still no joy.

Here's the screen I get from trying to connect to NAS -- I KNOW user ID and password is correct.

Network logon hosed up AGAIN after latest update [​IMG]

2nd screen shows share works when connected via "Connect network drive" --doesn't ask for password etc

Here's when I try and connect FROM NAS (LINUX) working perfectly:

Why is Windows Networking so unpredictable and variable -- been like that I think ever since Windows 3.1 !!!!
    Linux works OOB every time IMO and has done for DONKEYS years

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 29, 2019
  2. wolf2009 Win User

Mapped network drives do not connect at logon in vista with automatic logon enabled

I have vista x64 . I have some mapped network drives . They get connected when i enter the password at logon screen. Now i enabled automatic logon in vista and they do not connect anymore . I have to double click on them and enter the password manually .

Windows displays the message "Could not connect to all drives" at logon .

They used to connect automatically in xo with automatic logon enabled.

My logon password is the same as the administrator password with which i can connect to these drives .

wolf2009, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Eric2139 Win User
    How to Dump Networking Parameters?

Had a customer with this problem, they had a brand new Dell Optiplex 3050, with Windows 10 1709, and Realtek Gbit Family of lan adapters (wired connection). After much troubleshooting (many suggestions listed in the course of this thread), it turned out the PC needed a bios update. Among the updates listed on the dell website for bios version 1.52 (I flashed it with the latest 1.92) was "Update RealtekLOM".

LOM is "lan on motherboard" and the Realtek has flashable firmware.

One step for others having this issue is to check their computer manufacturer's website for "Lom" firmware updates for the particular network adapter - whether integrated or an add-in.

Eric2139, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Network logon hosed up AGAIN after latest update

Hosed update

I have a dual boot set up (Linux + Windows) and my Win 10 partition is hosed since last update. The automatic repair will not accomplish anything and neither will advanced options get me anywhere. However, I can access the documents in the Win10 partition when I boot into Linux. Sounds like a NTLDR problem to me but I don’t know if Win10 still has this.

Suggestions?

Mayagrafix, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Network logon hosed up AGAIN after latest update

1. Network logon hosed up AGAIN after latest update - Similar Threads - Network logon hosed

2. Windows Spotlight stopped working again after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight stopped working again after latest update: My spotlight is stuck on the same 4 pictures and can't download new ones. And yes, I basically tried every possible solution which was offered here and on other forumsclear cache/temp files, re-register via powershell, and so onI already had this problem before and it seemed...
  3. Windows Spotlight stopped working again after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight stopped working again after latest update: My spotlight is stuck on the same 4 pictures and can't download new ones. And yes, I basically tried every possible solution which was offered here and on other forumsclear cache/temp files, re-register via powershell, and so onI already had this problem before and it seemed...
  4. Network broken (AGAIN !) after latest updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network broken (AGAIN !) after latest updates: Hi there I can't figure out what's broken this time again with networking I can't connect to NAS (Linux) server any more -- refuses to accept password even though it's correct. Connect works perfectly on W7 and also FROM the NAS TO Windows 10. Anyway here's the result of...
  5. Icons hosed up after restore to different hardware

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons hosed up after restore to different hardware: Hi folks After a Macrium restore to a different machine I've got an SD card and a Memory stick showing although these are HDD's and can be accessed normally. Any idea how I can "Regularize" the icons - Macrium restored Windows from a Sony laptop which did have those but the...
  6. My user account is hosed yet again....

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My user account is hosed yet again....: Over the past year I have had to re-create my user account at least 10 times for various reasons. This time, edge will not load web pages. I tried to reset the W10 installation to fix it but it didn't work. I found Edge works fine after creating an alternate user account. Why...
  7. auto update hoses up audio again - how to fix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    auto update hoses up audio again - how to fix: Hi there. I can't find any way of disabling specific updates (that trick of bringing back Windows update to the control panel doesn't work any more). So the HD VIA audio driver got re-installed. To remove again simply as before right mouse click against the driver (via...
  8. Latest update (1607) No network --AGAIN !!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest update (1607) No network --AGAIN !!!!: Hi there After latest update (using current build 1607) - totally lost LAN capability on Network -- laptop connects via Wifi but not LAN !!!! --LAN adapter - Bog standard INTEL so shouldn't be any problems with it. I have to have LAN at this work gig for security-- I can...
  9. Ms account - Now totally hosed up accross network

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ms account - Now totally hosed up accross network: Hi there I made a big boo boo of switching to an Ms account from a local account -- now if I want to switch back again to a LOCAL account I can't use the same username -- so now my access is TOTALLY hosed up on shared drives across my entire network as the username is now...
  10. Hosed update

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosed update: I have a dual boot set up (Linux + Windows) and my Win 10 partition is hosed since last update. The automatic repair will not accomplish anything and neither will advanced options get me anywhere. However, I can access the documents in the Win10 partition when I boot into...