Windows 10: Network map context menu (Fix Icon and context menu)

Discus and support Network map context menu (Fix Icon and context menu) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For all those that have a blank icon in network router and the non working network map feature as it is removed from windows 8/10 (this plug and play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dgrigo, Nov 21, 2015.

1. dgrigo Win User

Network map context menu (Fix Icon and context menu)

For all those that have a blank icon in network router and the non working network map feature as it is removed from windows 8/10 (this plug and play driver bug never got corrected from microsoft, imo) here is a reg file that fixes both of the 3 problems.
    Just copy those lines in a text file rename to .reg and merge with your registry. dunno if all routers have the problem but i v seen many that has it.
    If this is already here in tutorials, dunno i searched but never find it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Corrects blank router icon
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NetworkExplorerPlugins\VEN_0033&DEV_0008&REV_01\DefaultIcon]
    @="%SystemRoot%\\System32\\DDORes.dll,-2372"

; Removes "Network Map" shell extension from 'Network' explorer
    [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NetworkExplorerPlugins\VEN_0033&DEV_0008&REV_01\shell]

; Removes "Network Map" shell extension from 'Devices and Printers' control panel
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\DeviceDisplayObject\HardwareId\UMB#VEN_0033&DEV_0008&REV_01]

Hope i will help someone with this

/wave

:)

dgrigo, Nov 21, 2015
  2. Cainoor Win User

No context menu for Excel icon (on pinned icon to taskbar)

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 and Office 2013. Everything was working fine with pinned icons until very recently. I was pinning some documents to the context menu (right click) and after that the context menu stopped to show at all - but only for one icon, which is
    MS Excel icon (shortcut). Could you please let me know what I can do to fix it? Every other right-click is working perfectly and all context menus are opening for every other pinned icons.

Regards

Cainoor, Nov 21, 2015
  3. Win+X context menu shortcuts not working

I can confirm (on my Windows 10 notebook) that Airdroid Desktop Client 3.1.4 causes the right click start context menu (clicking the icons) to stop working, i.e., the context menu pops up, but clicking on any icon does nothing.

I uninstalled Airdroid 3.1.4 and used CCleaner to fix any Airdroid related registry issues, restarted Windows 10 and the context menu works just fine.

There is a new desktop "widget" feature in the Airdroid Client 3.1.4 that most likely conflicts with the shell extensions of the start context menu in Windows 10.

I'll be using a previous version of Airdroid in order to avoid the issue until Airdroid and/or Microsoft fixes it.

P.S. the widget feature works pretty good...

randallhill, Nov 21, 2015
Thema:

Network map context menu (Fix Icon and context menu)

1. Network map context menu (Fix Icon and context menu) - Similar Threads - Network map context

2. context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    context menu: i just reinstalled windows but when we right click on desktop which shows refresh option it i s always showing to my left . the menu opens to the left of my mouse.should not it be opening to the right of my mouse...
  3. Context menu on taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context menu on taskbar icon: I have issue with taskbar icons. When I right click on icon, context menu does not appear. For example, right click on edge should show close window, new window, incognito new window. Does anyone know how to solve this?...
  4. Context Menu

Context Menu: Is there a way to edit context menus in Windows 10 without having to deal with the registry? If yes, how? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/593aefd6-7ccd-433f-920b-1da873dd4694
  5. Context menu icon not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu icon not showing: I created this .reg file to show Locate32.exe icon on context menu, but it is not there: Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\locate\command] @="D:\\Programs\\Locate\\Locate32.exe /p \"%1\""...
  6. Context Menu

Context Menu: I think I installed a demo software or game really long time ago by a private developer on my PC, but I noticed later that had led to the presence of "usmanworldfree.com" on the right click menu. How can i remove it? Help in this regard will be much appreciated....
  7. context menue

context menue: my context menu does not show the ability to set windows in a pattern ,side by side etc. how can this be add? all tutorial for moving windows into various groupings start with right clicking to get the context menu which has these patterns....
  8. context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    context menu: right click on desktop blank space, a context menu appears as I click on its "new" item no respond and the menu automatically closed. what is the matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/2843ddc0-0011-4c82-b2ab-ab281dd3271b
  9. Icons for context menu

Icons for context menu: Hello. Sorry for my English. There are option for putting icons in context menu for SEE, NEW, CHANGE NAME, COPY, CUT, DELETE ...? Thanks. 108594
  10. No context menu on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    No context menu on desktop icons: I just upgraded my Win 7 Pro desktop to Windows 10 Professional (32-bit). Minor problems, as usual, when a new system is installed, but a specific one is getting me crazy. When I click on any desktop icon, I do NOT get the traditional context menu, but the whole screen turns...