Windows 10: Network Map Detailed view

Discus and support Network Map Detailed view in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I set up a network when I used Windows 7, which has been inherited when I upgraded to Windows 10. It consists of: my PC, printer (wireless), WDTV,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ralphholmes, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Network Map Detailed view

I set up a network when I used Windows 7, which has been inherited when I upgraded to Windows 10. It consists of: my PC, printer (wireless), WDTV, Sonos music thing and two routers. The second router simply extends my wireless cover.
    In Windows 7, I could display a network map, using "Network and Sharing Center": how can I display this network map in Windows 10? Windows 10 "Network and Sharing Center" shows the existence of the network, but I can't expand it. Furthermore, the nice little icon I spent ages learning to make is not displayed!
    Any constructive information would be treasured.
    Cheers
    Ralph

:)

ralphholmes, Oct 10, 2015

2. Windows Phone 8 Maps Aerial View Resolution Low

This is definitely not network or handset related.

Aerial views in WP7 were excellent, they are not in WP8. It varies by country to country, city to city, but WP7 was consistently excellent. It seems to be that WP7 used Bing map data, WP8 uses Nokia map data which for aerial views is often inferior.

There should be a formal channel for raising these kinds of issues and bugs with Microsoft. Does anyone have any details of how to do this?

i-am-andrew, Oct 10, 2015
  3. ugura Win User
    925 here maps does not work

there may be nothing wrong with the app or the phone but looks like there's a problem with the map data itself

btw,are you talking about satellite view or map view? if the problem is with satellite view, that may be normal because highly populated areas such as paris, prague and london are more detailed than less populated areas in all maps i've seen.

ugura, Oct 10, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

Network Map Detailed view

This feature was actually removed in Windows 8. You may have to find a third-party tool now.

Kanata, Oct 10, 2015
  5. Thanks very much for replying so rapidly.

What a bore! I suppose I'll learn to live with it.

Cheers

Ralph

6. A quick trawl through download.com turned up "Netgear Genie". Though it is designed to work with Netgear routers, it did produce a suitable network visualisation very rapidly and is FREE.

Cheers

Ralph

7. sml156 Win User
    sml156, Oct 10, 2015
  8. cbleman Win User

Live with it????!!! Third Party Software????!!!! You have GOT to be kidding. How in the world, can that feature have been removed? If you are a network Manager, seeing a map of the entire network is critical. If you are a third party network engineer brought in to work on someone else's system - Good luck. Why not drag around third party software and put it on someones corporate network. I'm sure they would love it.
    How can you have a networking OS that cannot give you a full map of the network. PEASE! don't live with it. It is another important feature that the "Ivory Tower" geeks have removed. Please; I encourage everybody. Contact Microsoft and let them know they have made (Another) a Major mistake. This is inexcusable. Trash, Trash, Trash. (Insert curse words.) I believe they sit around in their air conditioned offices thinking of ways to make field techs jobs harder and more miserable with every iteration of what they "THINK" is the supposed "Next Best Thing". They claim to listen but don't. {where's my F8 key Microsoft?} The up arrow came back after how many years? Please contact Microsoft and give them a reality check.

cbleman, Mar 23, 2018
  9. The Netgear Genie is pretty cool. lol But I agree that MS should not have removed the functionality. Very dumb on their part.

lintek25475, Mar 26, 2018
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi folks

Most routers will map out this stuff for you -- logon to the router (usually at IP 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1) and display Network map (or status or connections) = depends on the router

Network Map Detailed view [​IMG]

Then on the device you are interested in there's a drop down which will show characteristics / properties such as IP address / mac address etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Network Map Detailed view - Similar Threads - Network Map Detailed

2. Details View option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Details View option: In the view of the directories in Windows 10 there are a lot of different options, Large, Medium, Small... My problem is that I want to make "Details" view of my files larger. Meaning that all the info should stay there, and also listed in a "Details" view row with the...
  3. search results to be in DETAILS view

in Windows 10 Support
    search results to be in DETAILS view: When I do a search, I want the results to be in DETAILS view instead of CONTENT view. How to make the change so that results always come up in details view? Win 10 165737
  4. Add details to files in the detail view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add details to files in the detail view: Hello. I have a folder, "Invoices," that has a few different file types in it. The files are invoices that I get from vendors, normally as email attachments. I have over 100 vendors and I get the invoices as PDF's, Excel, or Word. I drag and drop the email attachment to...
  5. Google Maps get a more detailed, colorful map

in Windows 10 News
    Google Maps get a more detailed, colorful map: Since it launched 15 years ago, Google Maps has redefined what it means to be a map–evolving from a powerful navigational tool to a robust daily companion that also offers helpful information about where to go and what to do. Features like popular times,...
  6. map view toolbar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    map view toolbar: How do I uninstall get rid of the Edge map view toolbar on the top of my screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/map-view-toolbar/9c6e8f6e-4ec0-4ca8-a794-934b2ca7f3e8
  7. network mapping

network mapping: How can I see device connections via routers and switches in Win10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-mapping/a0a09ab4-3d73-4824-b9fb-75140cfd7992
  8. Can't see W10 machine in networking view but *can* map a network drive

Can't see W10 machine in networking view but *can* map a network drive: Hello! I've got two Windows 10(home) machines on the same LAN at my house. The NAS machine has a large HDD which I'd like to use a part of to relocate my Google Drive folder to(50GB!). Anyway, I have sharing turned on for the folder on the NAS machine, but that machine does...
  9. View Network Data Usage Details in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Network Data Usage Details in Windows 10: How to: View Network Data Usage Details in Windows 10 How View Network Data Usage Details in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to view the Wi-Fi and Ethernet network data usage details of apps from the last 30 days on your Windows 10 PC. Microsoft is making...
  10. View/Choose Details

in Windows 10 Support
    View/Choose Details: In Windows 7 and earlier you could click View and "Choose Details" to customize which columns were displayed in an individual folder. Is there a way to do this in Windows 10? 45344