Windows 10: Network/Music sharing

Discus and support Network/Music sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Guys, Happy New Year. I'm new to forums so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong place. I too used to use Home Group to share my music which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bigmalc40, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Bigmalc40 Win User

Network/Music sharing

Hi Guys, Happy New Year.
    I'm new to forums so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong place.
    I too used to use Home Group to share my music which is stored on an external HDU connected to my computer via USB, I was able to listen to my music via a 'Smart TV, Internet Radio, Tablet', now since Home Group was removed, I can't.
    My question, if I can't share my music, which is better for me to use,
    1: Buy a new wireless router with a USB Port so I can plug my HDU in or
    2: Buy a new NAS Drive such as a WD My Drive.

I would prefer a software solution if possible, so if anyone can guide me, Great.
    Many Thanks

:)

Bigmalc40, Dec 30, 2018

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Network and sharing

Hi,

We see that you are having issues accessing the shared drive on your network. To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer or network prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Network/Music sharing

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Network/Music sharing

1. Network/Music sharing - Similar Threads - Network Music sharing

2. Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations: Hello ! I hope you are all well and I also hope that I can find some ideas around here: Things are as it follows: I have Desktop PC connected to a router via cable and several other laptops around the house, connected via Wifi, to the same network / same router,...
  3. Unable to share My Music to my network

Unable to share My Music to my network: I am on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and I am using Syncback pro to sync files between my desktop and my laptop on my home network I'd like to note that this just became an issue after the last update because prior to this I had no issues syncing. At first I tried to run...
  4. Network Sharing

Network Sharing: Hi all, I would like to share my files via network sharing by giving access to specific colleagues. How does this work? I am not able to find any of my colleagues on my network when I type in their names. If I share my Microsoft Access database via this method, would my...
  5. How to share music

How to share music: I have six recordings of my son playing his acoustic guitar that I would like to share with friends. What is the best way to accomplish this? I uploaded them to Google Drive which has a music player but I could not make a playlist. What web based site should I use? 144489
  6. Network Sharing

Network Sharing: my laptop connected to WiFi and now theres a 'Network Sharing' option when i connected for the first time, and if i check my phone, there's thing called DIRECT-X*USER*-PCmshP. but i cant connect to it it has password, i dont know how to retrieve the password...
  7. How to share music over home wi-fi network with Groove ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to share music over home wi-fi network with Groove ?: Hi, I like the Groove app and use it on my desktop a lot. I have chosen it mainly for the nice-looking interface. I would like my wife to be able to access my music on her laptop via our home wi-fi network. I can't figure out how to do it with Groove. I can do it...
  8. network & sharing

network & sharing: I'm trying to access my PC files on my phone. I've downloaded File Manager onto my phone. My PC recognizes my device. When I try to "add a remote location", my computer name comes up as well as the Host # but when I try putting in the username & password, it won't connect. I...
  9. Network sharing

Network sharing: [ATTACH] I have received this pop out said i have no permission to access to the network. This network is sharing from another server pc while there are few computers working well. This computer is currently changed to Windows 10. Can anyone please help to solve how to...
  10. Music Library Not Sharing

Music Library Not Sharing: So, I'm trying to access my music library / collection on my laptop from my Xbox 360 and Xbox One, but oddly enough, my music library won't let me share it. [img] When I try to do it through the homegroup settings, when I select the music library from "not shared" to...