Windows 10: network name and/or password

Discus and support network name and/or password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I change network name and/or password?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Elaine Dickerson, Feb 15, 2020.

1. network name and/or password

How do I change network name and/or password?

:)

Elaine Dickerson, Feb 15, 2020
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?

I found a solution to my problem. What I did was:
    1. Open Network & Sharing Center on the laptop.
    2. Click "Change advanced sharing settings"
    3. Expand the "All Networks" item.
    4. Change "Password protected sharing" from On to Off.

Now when I click my laptop name in File Explorer > Networks, it just shows my shared folder without asking for a network credentials password. This is how it used to work before.

Hope this helps others,

3. mobile hotspot user name and password windows 10

Hi Jerry,

The network name and password that you see on your mobile hotspot is automatically set by Windows as default. If you wish to change these information, you can follow the steps below:

• Type Settings in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Select Mobile hotspot.
    • Click Edit.
    • Type in your desired network name and password.
    • Click Save.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Feb 15, 2020
  4. network name and/or password

Windows 10; Network Name

Hi,

The Registry steps follower that resolved the issue.

But could you tell us why it appears to select a network status name based on your past Wi-Fi network connections, and then applies it to your wired Ethernet connection?

Thanks.

Mason

masontseng, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

network name and/or password

1. network name and/or password - Similar Threads - network name password

2. Network 'names'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network 'names': Until recently I could select which network to connect to, including an external device that only uses wifi and does not need internet. Now, instead of names for the networks, downstairs, upstairs, mydevice, etc., it shows Connected to local area 2, or 3, etc. I need those...
  3. Network Names

Network Names: Hallo folks! I have four internet channels.. 2 wifi, and 2 ethernet. Now, when I install the two wifi channels I have sometimes back a wifi24000 and another wifi5000. These names works perfect, but regarding the Ethernet connections, my computer is connecting to the...
  4. Network Drive is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect.

Network Drive is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect.: Hi all, I'm having issues retaining connection to my network drives home network Synology NAS on reboot. To start: I believe this is a Windows problem, as I had the drives mapped to this same machine before I did a clean windows install. I have no problems connection to,...
  5. (Network Drive) is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Network Drive) is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect.: [ATTACH] Hi all, I'm having issues retaining connection to my network drives (home network Synology NAS) on reboot. To start: I believe this is a Windows problem, as I had the drives mapped to this same machine before I did a clean windows install. I have no problems...
  6. Adminuser name and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adminuser name and password: I can't download or update anything, every time I try to install it takes me to the Admin user name and password. I am the Admin, but nothing I do works. Can I DL manually or bypass the admin? I tried to fatory reset but don't have enough space ....
  7. Home network user name and password

Home network user name and password: Where can I find the Windows 10 Home network user name and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-network-user-name-and-password/535b8e7f-727f-4d65-b9c0-71ed8d7e1e65"
  8. Network Name

Network Name: In Windows 10, how do I change the Network Name of my Local Area Connection? Do NOT suggest I run secpol.msc, because the Windows Run command says it can't find secpol.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-name/7dece558-e1ec-4da0-8079-2370ba305189
  9. CHANGING NETWORK NAME AND PASSWORD

CHANGING NETWORK NAME AND PASSWORD: How do I change the wifi network name and password on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-network-name-and-password/7c6a0bf2-5836-4817-81ca-df1c5ade03b7
  10. How to change name and password of network connection?

How to change name and password of network connection?: I have just set up the "o2 HomeBox 6641". How can one change the name of the network connection: [img] [img] "WiFi" can be changed / renamed, but "o2-WLAN" cannot, I would like to rename it. How / where can I change the WPA2 key, the password for the Internet...