Windows 10: Network Name

Discus and support Network Name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows 10, how do I change the Network Name of my Local Area Connection? Do NOT suggest I run secpol.msc, because the Windows Run command says it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Herrick2, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Herrick2 Win User

Network Name

In Windows 10, how do I change the Network Name of my Local Area Connection? Do NOT suggest I run secpol.msc, because the Windows Run command says it can't find secpol.msc

:)

Herrick2, Dec 25, 2019

2. Windows 10; Network Name

Hi,

The Registry steps follower that resolved the issue.

But could you tell us why it appears to select a network status name based on your past Wi-Fi network connections, and then applies it to your wired Ethernet connection?

Thanks.

Mason

masontseng, Dec 25, 2019
  3. Windows 10; Network Name

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the late response.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if you are able to change the network name:

1. Press the
    Windows + R keys and type
    secpol.msc, and press Enter.

2. If prompted by
    UAC, then click/tap on Yes.

3. In the left pane of Local Security Policy, click on
    Network List Manager Policies.

4. In the right pane of
    Network List Manager Policies, double click on your current network name.

5. In Network Properties, select
    Name and type the name you prefer.

6. When finished, you can now close Local Security Policy.

7. Restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Network Name

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Network Name

1. Network Name - Similar Threads - Network Name

2. Change network name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change network name: Change network name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-network-name/f3291063-71dc-458f-ac00-680975aa336f
  3. Change network name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change network name: Change network name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-network-name/f3291063-71dc-458f-ac00-680975aa336f
  4. Change network name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My network name has a 2 next to it, never had it before.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My network name has a 2 next to it, never had it before.: Help !so now i cant control certain things like hue lights as my phone is on correct network, but my pc says the network name but with a 2 next to it?? i am all out of ideas, it all used to work fine, not changed anything.Tried all the advice from other threads on here but no...
  6. My network name has a 2 next to it, never had it before.

My network name has a 2 next to it, never had it before.: Help !so now i cant control certain things like hue lights as my phone is on correct network, but my pc says the network name but with a 2 next to it?? i am all out of ideas, it all used to work fine, not changed anything.Tried all the advice from other threads on here but no...
  7. My network name has a 2 next to it, never had it before.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My home wifi name does not show on windows 10 but every others network names are showing in...

My home wifi name does not show on windows 10 but every others network names are showing in...: Hi, Need an urgent help here...I am using windows 10 and trying to connect my wifi to it unfortunatly unable to see my wifi name in list of wifi networks in contrary I am able to see the others wifi name listing accuratly.. Some hidden network i can see on my listing of...
  9. My home wifi name does not show on windows 10 but every others network names are showing in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My home wifi name does not show on windows 10 but every others network names are showing in...: Hi, Need an urgent help here...I am using windows 10 and trying to connect my wifi to it unfortunatly unable to see my wifi name in list of wifi networks in contrary I am able to see the others wifi name listing accuratly.. Some hidden network i can see on my listing of...
  10. My home wifi name does not show on windows 10 but every others network names are showing in...

in Windows 10 Gaming