Windows 10: network neighbhorhood not finding windows 7 PC (windows 10 1809)

Discus and support network neighbhorhood not finding windows 7 PC (windows 10 1809) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new MSI laptop that is only sporadically able to find and connect to my old laptop over the network. when this occurs, not even my new network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cybot, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Cybot Win User

network neighbhorhood not finding windows 7 PC (windows 10 1809)

I have a new MSI laptop that is only sporadically able to find and connect to my old laptop over the network. when this occurs, not even my new network printer is able to be found and connected to. I can find both the old laptop and the network printer during this time using other devices, and I can find the new laptop using the old (win7) laptop as well as the printer, but I can't connect to it but I can print to the printer. the issue seems to be with the OS. the laptop came with the build 1709, but as soon as the laptop upgraded to 1803 the problems started. I thought that upgrading to 1809 would fix but it has not. I can't even use remote desktop to the old system when the issue is happening. sometimes rebooting the old pc, the new pc, and the router will fix the issue temporarily, but that success rate is only around 30%. I just recently discovered that if I typed in the IP address of the PC I was trying to access, I can access the remote PC's file shares, as well as remote desktop into it, but I still have yet to figure out how to access the printer when this issue occurs. how do I get the network sharing in my new laptop working properly?

:)

Cybot, Feb 15, 2019
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Windows 7 & XP Networking Problem

I have two PCs in my room connected to a Linksys router, both had Windows 7 on them and had file sharing enabled through the Homegroup feature. Now I have XP on one PC, and still Windows 7 on the other. I setup the network on my XP PC and had the Windows 7 PC setup properly so that they could network together.

In 'My Network Places' I can see both PC's listed, I can double click the Windows 7 PC from my Windows XP PC and see the folders that I have set to share, but when I double click any of the folders I get an error message saying "\\PC-2\MP3 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Access is denied.

However, on my Windows 7 PC, I can go to network and browse all of the files I have set to share on the XP PC. So what do I need to do so that I can access the files on my Windows 7 PC on my Windows XP PC?

OrbitzXT, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 15, 2019
  4. network neighbhorhood not finding windows 7 PC (windows 10 1809)

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

network neighbhorhood not finding windows 7 PC (windows 10 1809)

1. network neighbhorhood not finding windows 7 PC (windows 10 1809) - Similar Threads - network neighbhorhood finding

2. Can't find networks in windows 1809

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find networks in windows 1809: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/frinklyfrank [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hm1k13/cant_find_networks_in_windows_1809/
  3. windows 7 pc updated to windows 10 network issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 7 pc updated to windows 10 network issues: I have homegroups on my windows 7 pc and ive left the group now apparently my windows 7 pc can connect to the windows 10 pc, and see files ive shared, but it 'doesn't have permission to access the files' in the windows 7 pc I can see the windows 10 pc, and attempting to...
  4. Finding Windows 7 documents in Windows 10

Finding Windows 7 documents in Windows 10: How do I find my Windows 7 documents in Windows 10? Since my system was automatically change to Windows 10, I have been unable to locate My Documents from Windows 7....
  5. Networking Windows 7 and windows 10 computers

Networking Windows 7 and windows 10 computers: I am trying to network a new windows 10 computer to my old windows 7 computer for the purpose of sharing files. Both computers are wired via CAT5e cable into a Netgear GS108 Ethernet switch. I can ping the win 7 PC from the win10 PC. I can ping the win 10 PC from the win 7...
  6. Networking Windows 10 and Windows 7 home network

Networking Windows 10 and Windows 7 home network: I just bought W10 to replace my desk XP in my living room Intermittently, I've been able to get W10 to see and file share with my W7 laptop in my bedroom. Most often success with that. Very rarely have I been able to get my w7 laptop in my bedroom to see or share files...
  7. Networking Windows 10 and Windows 7

Networking Windows 10 and Windows 7: How do I configure my computers so that I can fileshare between the across my wireless network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networking-windows-10-and-windows-7/05e25af5-a543-4547-956e-3451531d62d4
  8. Allowing Windows 7 networked PC access to Windows 10

Allowing Windows 7 networked PC access to Windows 10: I have a Win10 PC on a home network with a Win7 PC that I would like to give access. After sharing folders, the networked Win7 PC gets challenged with a "Enter Network Password" box, and attempts to login from the domain named for the Win7 PC computer name. I can find no...
  9. Networking with a Windows 7 PC - solved for me

Networking with a Windows 7 PC - solved for me: I had created a Homegroup on a Windows 7 PC a number of years ago, without incident. I was networking two Window 7 machines. My now Windows 10 PC was unable to join this Homegroup, or access the shares. It kept telling me that I did not have the necessary permission or...
  10. Windows 7 network

Windows 7 network: Has anyone been able to connect to Windows 7 network? 2098