Windows 10: "Network" not apearing on Browse for file... save menu

Discus and support "Network" not apearing on Browse for file... save menu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I would like to save files to a Network location, but as you can see only "This PC" / Drives show up in the "Save menu" . I have already contacted the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IaverImot, Apr 10, 2019.

1. IaverImot Win User

"Network" not apearing on Browse for file... save menu

I would like to save files to a Network location, but as you can see only "This PC" / Drives show up in the "Save menu" . I have already contacted the particular software's manufacturers and they told me its a Windows issue not a "this Software" issue. I have also tried making a shortcut to the location on the C: drive, but shortcuts also don't show up. Is there any way to have Network appear in this list? Maybe a registry tweak or something? Please and thank you "Network" not apearing on Browse for file... save menu 20337e4e-0102-4827-b7c4-db4e534b5dcd?upload=true.png

:)

IaverImot, Apr 10, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Apr 10, 2019
  4. paulbasel Win User

Network Error Message when saving files in Office Programs

@bro67 – Partial success today. Thanks for hanging in there with me. I decided that before I use the tools you suggested, I would try to uninstall and reinstall Office once more.

This time Word now works properly when saving a file, at least the error isn’t kicked. However, if I try to browse one of the Save locations in the options menu the same error occurs. I have left them they way right now.

However, Excel throws a fit immediately when saving a file. I don’t have time today to try your tools suggestions but will look into it tomorrow.

Thanks

paulbasel, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

1. "Network" not apearing on Browse for file... save menu - Similar Threads - Network apearing Browse

2. Why doesen't my music file won't apear in my macbook but apear on windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesen't my music file won't apear in my macbook but apear on windows?: I recently tried to move my music file on my external ssd on which I cd riped on music center to my macbook. But I notice one of my Album is missing/not displaying on my macbook. I went back to my windows to see that the file are there but on mac it does not display, or even...
  3. Files Saving to Subfolder When Saving to Network Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Saving to Subfolder When Saving to Network Drive: Hi, I am having trouble when saving files to network drive. The files are set to save to the network drive directly, but instead are going to a subfolder in that network drive. Anyone have any idea why this is? It is imperative that the be saved to the network drive directly...
  4. Files Saving to Subfolder When Saving to Network Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Saving to Subfolder When Saving to Network Drive: Hi, I am having trouble when saving files to network drive. The files are set to save to the network drive directly, but instead are going to a subfolder in that network drive. Anyone have any idea why this is? It is imperative that the be saved to the network drive directly...
  5. Save as, Browse files dialog box not responding for some software

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save as, Browse files dialog box not responding for some software: When I tried to use open dialog box for some software, the dialog box not display correctly and then close the software all together. As you can see from the picture below some software browse dialog box has similar case like this. Hope someone could help.[ATTACH]...
  6. Save As + Browse Dialog Box

Save As + Browse Dialog Box: I have Windows 10 and have recently noticed a change in the “Save As” “Browse” dialog box. The dialog box used to open with the File tree on the left side. Now it opens with a list of: Author, Type, Title, etc. How can I change this dialog box back to the previous version?...
  7. Save File As Context Menu - How To Force Save File Menu To Have Option For Specifying...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Save File As Context Menu - How To Force Save File Menu To Have Option For Specifying...: I really have no clue how to properly word my question but here's an example! https://imgur.com/a/QQU3Zvg When I try to save files with adobe acrobat, it only gives me a "save in" option at the top to navigate to the folder I want to save my file in. Most "Save File"...
  8. Network Browsing, or Not

Network Browsing, or Not: In another thread, Mr. Ed observed that the Windows network browsing service is intentionally disabled in Windows 10. Windows network browsing (My Network Places, Network Neighborhood) is wholly dependent on SMBv1. SMBv1 is not enabled in Windows 10 and therefore Windows...
  9. Tweaking Save Menu to show "Network" as a save location?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tweaking Save Menu to show "Network" as a save location?: I would like to save files to a Network location, but as you can see only "This PC" / Drives show up in the "Save menu" . I have already contacted the particular software's manufacturers and they told me its a Windows issue not a "this Software" issue. I have also tried...
  10. Getting tab out of games and start menu apears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting tab out of games and start menu apears: I instaled the new update and when i enter a game i get tab out of it as soon at it is loaded. 5804