Windows 10: network not showing in WIFI selection for windows 10

Discus and support network not showing in WIFI selection for windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; network not showing in WIFI selection for windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CathyO'Rourke, Jan 21, 2020.

1. network not showing in WIFI selection for windows 10

network not showing in WIFI selection for windows 10

:)

CathyO'Rourke, Jan 21, 2020
  2. pewe Win User

Wifi Networks not showing

On my Laptop if I wanted to change the wifi connection I would always see a list of the available networks when I selected the Wifi icon on the task bar.
    Since the last major update to Windows 10 I find that when I select the wifi icon I only see the current connection

network not showing in WIFI selection for windows 10 [​IMG]

To see other networks within range I have to open the 'Network settings' and choose 'Show available networks' - then they show up.

network not showing in WIFI selection for windows 10 [​IMG]

Does anyone have any explanation for this - or possibly a 'fix' to show them all from the taskbar again.

3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Available wifi networks not showing after windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

This issue can occur from an incompatible or problematic network driver.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we recommend diagnosing your WiFi network and see if it will detect any issues:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Network Connections.
    • Right-click on your wireless network adapter.
    • If it's disabled, click Enable.
    • Select Diagnose.
    • Once it detects any problems, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve it.

We also suggest downloading the latest network adapter from the device manufacturer's website. You can also click

here
    for more information on how to update your driver on Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Cyclelegs Win User

Available Networks Not Showing

My list of available wifi networks has suddenly stopped showing in windows 10. The list of networks is not showing when I click the system wifi icon in the notification bar. The list of networks does not show using 'show available networks' in Windows
    Settings. Windows Settings will crash if I go to the WiFi page and select 'Manage Known Networks'.

I am connected to the internet using my normal WiFi. I created a wlan report. It seems to show that the wlan is working fine. I can list the available networks using the cmd line 'netsh wlan show networks'. They all show up as they should.

So, it appears the hardware is working but some windows module has stopped working and providing the list of available networks.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Cyclelegs, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

1. network not showing in WIFI selection for windows 10 - Similar Threads - network showing WIFI

2. Windows 10 won't show avaliable WIFI networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't show avaliable WIFI networks.: THE MAIN REASON I MADE THIS IS CAUSE I CANT REPLY TO THE OTHER ONE.THE SOLUTION I FOUND WAS THAT YOU COULD HAVE A VIRUS/MALWARE CALLEDbrowsermodifier:js/miasearchTHERE ARE OTHER NAMES FOR IT THAT YOU CAN PROBABLY FIND BY SEARCHING UP.I DID A SEARCH WITH WINDOWS SECURITY,...
  3. Windows 10 won't show avaliable WIFI networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't show avaliable WIFI networks.: THE MAIN REASON I MADE THIS IS CAUSE I CANT REPLY TO THE OTHER ONE.THE SOLUTION I FOUND WAS THAT YOU COULD HAVE A VIRUS/MALWARE CALLEDbrowsermodifier:js/miasearchTHERE ARE OTHER NAMES FOR IT THAT YOU CAN PROBABLY FIND BY SEARCHING UP.I DID A SEARCH WITH WINDOWS SECURITY,...
  4. Windows 10 won't show avaliable WIFI networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WIFI Network Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI Network Not Showing: Some Time It Works When Restart Computer But For Limited Time ANd Also When I Trouble Shoot WIFI It Works For Limited Time What Is The Problem? How Can I FIx It? Getting Worse Every Day...
  6. WIFI Network Not Showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI Network Not Showing: Some Time It Works When Restart Computer But For Limited Time ANd Also When I Trouble Shoot WIFI It Works For Limited Time What Is The Problem? How Can I FIx It? Getting Worse Every Day...
  7. network selection freezes php script wifi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    network selection freezes php script wifi: hello i discovered an issue where when opening the network select menu.. a script i am running freezes.there may be some other network activity being stopped when this happens.i am all up to date with windows 10 updates etcit would be good to have this issue fixed / or an...
  8. windows 10 won't show available wifi networks

windows 10 won't show available wifi networks: My Windows was not showing the available wifi networks. But I fixed the issue by installing the last updated before this happen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-show-available-wifi-networks/61e26979-fb34-4255-8bff-c1fa4c9d1678
  9. Available WiFi networks not showing in Windows 10

Available WiFi networks not showing in Windows 10: Please someone help. When I click on the wifi icon in the taskbar, it shows up only saying network and internet settings and nothing else. I am not able to connect and even see any wifi wifi nenetworks. When I go to the settings and click on available wifi networks it shows...
  10. Wifi Networks not showing

Wifi Networks not showing: On my Laptop if I wanted to change the wifi connection I would always see a list of the available networks when I selected the Wifi icon on the task bar. Since the last major update to Windows 10 I find that when I select the wifi icon I only see the current connection...