Windows 10: Network not showing

Discus and support Network not showing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have 1 desktop running windows 10 pro upgrade from windows 7 pro and a laptop running windows 7 pro, I wanted to do network sharing with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Amrut_000, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Amrut_000 Win User

Network not showing

Hello,

I have 1 desktop running windows 10 pro upgrade from windows 7 pro and a laptop running windows 7 pro, I wanted to do network sharing with my laptop and desktop so that I can save disk space for 1 or 2 days it was fine but now I can see my laptop in network discovery but my laptop can't see my desktop I want to transfer a folder to my old computer for backup but can't because of this problem. The file is too big for putting into home group as the folder is like 50GB which will take a lot of data and will take a lot time to cut or copy. Is there any solution. My network is a private one I have turned on file sharing is there something I am missing out? And I don't have an account providing me 50 GB or more of cloud storage. My desktop is 1703 version and 15063.1418 build

:)

Amrut_000, Nov 16, 2020

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Network card not showing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things

• Are you using router?

• Are you getting any error message?

Is you are using router then I suggest you to reset the router and check if the issue persist.

Also I suggest you to update the Network Adapter driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate Network drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Network not showing

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Network not showing :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Network not showing

1. Network not showing - Similar Threads - Network showing

2. Need help with network controller in device manager showing code 28

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with network controller in device manager showing code 28: I'm using a Acer nitro 5, AN515-52-796M. My WIFI and Bluetooth adaptor seems to not be working, settings show no WIFI network and that Bluetooth is turned off.When checking device manager, I see a "network controller" under other devices. The properties page says it has no...
  3. Need help with network controller in device manager showing code 28

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with network controller in device manager showing code 28: I'm using a Acer nitro 5, AN515-52-796M. My WIFI and Bluetooth adaptor seems to not be working, settings show no WIFI network and that Bluetooth is turned off.When checking device manager, I see a "network controller" under other devices. The properties page says it has no...
  4. Need help with network controller in device manager showing code 28

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer available but not showing up in network folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer available but not showing up in network folder: We have a small office network with 18 computers and we need to reach each others folders every day, the problem is not every pc is showing up in the network folder but they are still available if I type the adress I can find it but it's really inconvenient. We are using...
  6. Computer available but not showing up in network folder

Computer available but not showing up in network folder: We have a small office network with 18 computers and we need to reach each others folders every day, the problem is not every pc is showing up in the network folder but they are still available if I type the adress I can find it but it's really inconvenient. We are using...
  7. Computer available but not showing up in network folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Everytime i troubleshoot the network my adapter the computer shows bluescreen. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Everytime i troubleshoot the network my adapter the computer shows bluescreen. What do I do?: <removed> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everytime-i-troubleshoot-the-network-my-adapter/12c6d62d-eeba-4603-ad2f-e775a0e839ca
  9. How is possible both public and private networks are simultaneously showing being active?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is possible both public and private networks are simultaneously showing being active?: Newest windows was download via update two days ago, now this is happening. And yes, I checked and my "public" choice is still my chosen selected network. My VPN is listed with the active private network, and the usual network 2 is listed for the public network I prefer...
  10. How is possible both public and private networks are simultaneously showing being active?

How is possible both public and private networks are simultaneously showing being active?: Newest windows was download via update two days ago, now this is happening. And yes, I checked and my "public" choice is still my chosen selected network. My VPN is listed with the active private network, and the usual network 2 is listed for the public network I prefer...