Windows 10: Network not working after windows 10 update

Discus and support Network not working after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The day before yesterday my home network was working perfectly. Yesterday Microsoft did their ‘weekly update’. All of a sudden my network doesn’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sue & Cliff, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Network not working after windows 10 update

The day before yesterday my home network was working perfectly. Yesterday Microsoft did their ‘weekly update’. All of a sudden my network doesn’t work! I have 2 laptops and 1 desktop using windows 10. Only 1 laptop can ‘see’ the other and the other can only ‘see back’ thru a mapped network drive. Therefore they can both ‘talk’ to each other. The desktop can ‘see’ only one of the laptops and can connect to it. The desktop cannot see the other laptop, but I was able to map a network drive to it and connect (clicking on network does not show that laptop). Both of the laptops can ‘see’ the desktop but cannot connect. One laptop has a mapped drive to the desktop (which worked ok before yesterday’s update), but will not connect to the desktop anymore!

I have spent 2 hours trying to find the setting that Microsoft changed but am having no luck. Any help would be appreciated!

Cliff k

:)

Sue & Cliff, Apr 11, 2019
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Network not working after windows 10 update

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Network not working after windows 10 update

1. Network not working after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Network working update

2. Network adapter not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter not working after Windows update: I was watching Netflix a couple days ago and it suddenly stopped working with the error message that when I searched it, told me something probably needed updating like the Flash. So I restarted my computer and did the Windows update that had been waiting there. When the...
  3. Network adapter not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter not working after Windows update: I was watching Netflix a couple days ago and it suddenly stopped working with the error message that when I searched it, told me something probably needed updating like the Flash. So I restarted my computer and did the Windows update that had been waiting there. When the...
  4. Network connection not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network connection not working after Windows update: Hi, I'm having some network connection issues that arose after a Windows update that are really starting to stump me and I would appreciate some assistance. Here’s some information on what’s happening:DNS server not respondingOn ethernet connectionSometimes changes network...
  5. Windows 10 network, sound, PIN, and more not working after update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 network, sound, PIN, and more not working after update?: A few times now I have had to reset my DELL laptop after what I suspect is a Windows update. The problem manifests every two or three weeks, in total about five times now, in the following way: - Network adaptors are unavailable - Sound adaptors are unavailable - The new...
  6. Google Servers Not Working On My Network After Windows 10 Update

Google Servers Not Working On My Network After Windows 10 Update: Hello Community I'm having issues when I try to open google.com or youtube.com on my home network on any browser. They can't be reached and Windows Network Diagnostics says: "The remote computer isn’t responding to connections on port 443, possibly due to firewall or...
  7. Network adapter not working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network adapter not working after update: When I used the "Restart now" button to apply the latest update, my network adapter straight up doesn't appear and I cannot connect to WiFi. I do not have the update that would normally be associated with network problems (KB4515384), but I need to know which update(s) I...
  8. Network not working after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Network not working after update.: Network not working after this update : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4502584/cumulative-update-for-net-framework-june-27-2019 It broke it somehow. Things i did to be sure that it is it. I rolled the drivers , use other ones, i can connect from phones but not...
  9. network quit working after updates

network quit working after updates: WiFi does not connect after recent updates. Wifi used to connect anywhere. Do you know how to test network adapters? Update may wiped an old adapter or this Toshiba satellite M 645 S4070 may need different one. 90705
  10. Network Ethernet not working after Windows 10 update

Network Ethernet not working after Windows 10 update: I have upgraded from Windows 7 (64-bit OS) to Windows 10 (64-bit OS) on my HP ProLiant Microserver N32L. The network adapter is not picking-up the Ethernet cable running to my router and as a result I do not have any network connectivity. I have uninstalled all the...