Windows 10: Network / Notwork Help please.

Discus and support Network / Notwork Help please. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 PC's at home - one is my server and has about 50TB, the other 2 are my wife's and my PC's. They all use W10 Pro - 20H2. They used to network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Britgeezer, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Network / Notwork Help please.

I have 3 PC's at home - one is my server and has about 50TB, the other 2 are my wife's and my PC's. They all use W10 Pro - 20H2.

They used to network happily under Windows Home server, then home group and now having allowed W10 automatic updates for a while, I officially have a Notwork.

I have tried most of the cures I read about here in terms of setup, I renamed my workgroup, set the files sharing but but still cant see all PC's from each other and those I can see, I'm refused access.

Each PC has a different name, same workgroup and sees the internet fine.

I converted to PIN access to all PC's, a few years ago - it works fine on each PC, however....

However, if I see another PC and click it asks for my password - you guessed it I cant remember it. I read an article on removing the pin but if it expects the original PW I'm screwed.

When clicking on a PC seen, sometimes I get a message wrong password and sometimes is you have no access to this PC.

The other thing is that file explorer has changed its views on me and I have problems to get the standard view that shows Network as it used to.

Can anyone help?

All I want is to access the server files from my PC's - damned MS for dumping Homegroup and Network Magic for dropping the software.

PS try to keep it simple, I'm aging faster than my PC's Network / Notwork Help please. :)

:)

Britgeezer, Mar 25, 2021
  2. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Network notwork - computers listed as media devices. 1803 again!

Notwork of 3 computers, Win 10, all patched to v1803, D is pro, hard wired to router, E is wife's desk and R is new portable - both 10-home on Wi-Fi.

R is new, an Asus SonicMaster S510U that is recognized by the router. It has internet connectivity but I cannot transfer files to it except with sneakernet.

I looked at the network structure on each computer using "Control Panel devices and printers" as well as File mgr - Network.

D- devices: D and E listed as media devices, no computers, D does not see R.
    D- Network: D and E listed as media devices. Dbl click either brings up Media Player.

E- devices: D and R listed as media devices.
    E- Network: D and E listed as computers and D again as a media device.

R- devices: D and E show up as media devices.
    R- Network: R as a computer and D as a media device.

The new laptop R is a ghost, sometimes seen but mostly not and doesn't participate.

Using Team Viewer 12
    D and E connect, test file transfers OK.
    D and R connect, I can see partial R desktop (shows links but not folders), R sees D file structure, files will not transfer.

Don't know if this matters - I ran the Network troubleshooter on all three computers - "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings", on any of them.

I'm a geologist at wits end.

stonecherub, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Network / Notwork Help please.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Network / Notwork Help please.

1. Network / Notwork Help please. - Similar Threads - Network Notwork Help

2. My Biometrics is notworking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Biometrics is notworking: HelloI have a problem with windows hello on my laptop. In the normal settings, it says "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".My laptop is a Lenovo Flex 5. This laptop has a fingerprint reader on it, and it worked for when I got...
  3. My Biometrics is notworking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Biometrics is notworking: HelloI have a problem with windows hello on my laptop. In the normal settings, it says "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".My laptop is a Lenovo Flex 5. This laptop has a fingerprint reader on it, and it worked for when I got...
  4. ms office is notworking.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ms office is notworking.: as my laptop has MS office like word, excel, note and power point 2016 if free but my ms office is showing that your trail time is over. so how can i fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-is-notworking/8895adf0-d9a9-41d8-9f0f-bd7d9aec03b2
  5. Network not working suddenly, please help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network not working suddenly, please help.: submitted by /u/Xiantan7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gjne60/network_not_working_suddenly_please_help/
  6. Network issue! Please help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issue! Please help!: I am trying to share drives from one PC to another. Both running windows 10 pro. Both Ethernet through a router. Have shared a drive... have granted access to everyone.... Computers see each other. But if click on either CPU.. I get the dreaded... Windows cannot access\\...
  7. Camera and trouble shooting notworking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera and trouble shooting notworking: I found out that my camera is not working so decided to troubleshooting, however it doesn't give me the option of troubleshooting devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-trouble-shooting-notworking/23704f4a-cc1c-4079-a4d8-9b0b8952a925
  8. Network notwork - computers listed as media devices. 1803 again!

Network notwork - computers listed as media devices. 1803 again!: Notwork of 3 computers, Win 10, all patched to v1803, D is pro, hard wired to router, E is wife's desk and R is new portable - both 10-home on Wi-Fi. R is new, an Asus SonicMaster S510U that is recognized by the router. It has internet connectivity but I cannot transfer...
  9. Networking Notworking .. Again

Networking Notworking .. Again: I am really tired of Win 10 networking falling apart. I have an incredibly simple setup yet for some reason about every six months it just totally fails. I have three PC's. A B C. They could all see each other and all transfer files. I installed Windows 10 Pro on two of...
  10. Network Samba Problems Please Help

Network Samba Problems Please Help: ok here is my situation. I reformatted clean install on my desktop. Had some hiccups but everything ok. I use in the living room this streaming box from element company,love this box. Anyway after i share with everyone this folder for movies, everything was working great with...