Windows 10: Network Oddity

Discus and support Network Oddity in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, This is my first post. I hope it's coherent. I have two Windows 10 Pro 1909 (OS 18363.657) machines on my LAN - Alpha and Beta. Alpha and Beta... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JackHughs, Feb 13, 2020.

1. JackHughs Win User

Network Oddity

Hi,

This is my first post. I hope it's coherent.

I have two Windows 10 Pro 1909 (OS 18363.657) machines on my LAN - Alpha and Beta.

Alpha and Beta can each see each other - no discovery problems.

From Beta, I can click on the Alpha Icon and access all the shares on Alpha - so far, so good.

From Alpha, I click on the Beta Icon and am rudely told that I do not have permission to access Beta.

However, if I type \\Beta\Users\user\share into Alpha's File Explorer address bar and wait about 10 seconds, I have access to all shares on Beta.

Weird, eh?

:)

JackHughs, Feb 13, 2020
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Network Oddity [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

Network Oddity [​IMG]

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Network Oddity [​IMG]

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Network Oddity [​IMG]

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Network Oddity

Win 7 and Win 10 Home Network Oddity

Hey noquiexis,
    I see you gave up and marked this solved, but one last suggestion you could try ... If you're fairly confident it's not a Share/NTFS permission issue and/or Firewall Issue ... on your Win10 PC go to Control Panel > Credentials Manager > Windows Credentials and see if the Win7 PC is listed and if it is, are it's credentials correct (i.e. network address, username, password). If it's not listed you can add it manually and see if that resolves your issue.

Eagle51, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Network Oddity

1. Network Oddity - Similar Threads - Network Oddity

2. Dell e7440 cannot find home Wi-Fi network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell e7440 cannot find home Wi-Fi network.: I have a Dell e7440 running Windows 10 that has been my daily workhorse. It’s never failed me until now. I popped in a USB drive just to check what was on it and when I safely removed it, my Wi-Fi stopped seeing my router. All my other devices still work no problem, but the...
  3. Dell e7440 cannot find home Wi-Fi network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell e7440 cannot find home Wi-Fi network.: I have a Dell e7440 running Windows 10 that has been my daily workhorse. It’s never failed me until now. I popped in a USB drive just to check what was on it and when I safely removed it, my Wi-Fi stopped seeing my router. All my other devices still work no problem, but the...
  4. Dell e7440 cannot find home Wi-Fi network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Metered network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metered network: I have a server that is connected to the network switch. Switch is not connected to the internet, somehow I keep getting message under network status " You're connected to the Internet" You're on metered network. Some apps might work differently to help you save data while on...
  6. Network oddities

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network oddities: I hope you can help, I've been trying to figure this out and i'm scratching my head.We get intermittent connectivity issues with the client PCs connecting to the server i.e. randomly they will lose the connection to the network drives.In the DHCP settings it was originally...
  7. Network oddities

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network oddities: I hope you can help, I've been trying to figure this out and i'm scratching my head.We get intermittent connectivity issues with the client PCs connecting to the server i.e. randomly they will lose the connection to the network drives.In the DHCP settings it was originally...
  8. Windows 10 network. An oddity.

Windows 10 network. An oddity.: I have gone to great lengths to set up this network of my 4 computers, checking all sorts of settings as directed by one of the consultants. All these appears ok at present. They were: relevant Windows services services to automatic ban IPv6# SMB 1.0 / CIFS on All in one...
  9. Win 7 and Win 10 Home Network Oddity

Win 7 and Win 10 Home Network Oddity: I have two desktop computers on an Ethernet Home Network. Computer 1 is a Dell Inspiron 530 (April 2009) running Windows 7, Network: L: \\INSPIRON530A Computer 2 is a Dell XPS 8920 (July 2017) running Windows 10 (build 1803), Network: L: \\DESKTOP-Q01G00A Home Networking did...
  10. HomeGroup and network connectivity oddities since upgrading

HomeGroup and network connectivity oddities since upgrading: Update Aug 15th: The network issues have been resolved by modifying SMB2 settings in the registry, as per my posts on page 2. Now, just a persistent HomeGroup error remains. ------------ Ok, first off, a quick run-down on my setup - the "core" of my network consists of a...