Windows 10: Network of two computers works on one only

Discus and support Network of two computers works on one only in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two desktop computers both running Win10 most current connected by two cables to one Xfinity Modem/Router. Some time ago, I set up a Network on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ilyazeld, Nov 2, 2020.

1. ilyazeld Win User

Network of two computers works on one only

I have two desktop computers both running Win10 most current connected by two cables to one Xfinity Modem/Router. Some time ago, I set up a Network on both machines. When I open File Explorer on machine "A", I see both "A" and "B" computers and can access any file on both. However, when I open File Explorer on machine "B", in the "This PC" directory I see the Network folder, but it has no listing of any computer.

What's wrong? Why my Network works one way only? How to make my Network work both ways?

:)

ilyazeld, Nov 2, 2020
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Network of two computers works on one only - Similar Threads - Network computers works

2. DNS not found only on one computer on one network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS not found only on one computer on one network: My Thinkpad running windows 11 system details at bottom has a weird interaction with my netgear router. The router has two channels, one 2Ghz and one 5Ghz. All other devices, including another windows 11 device, have no problems connecting to either channel. Only my Thinkpad...
  3. DNS not found only on one computer on one network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS not found only on one computer on one network: My Thinkpad running windows 11 system details at bottom has a weird interaction with my netgear router. The router has two channels, one 2Ghz and one 5Ghz. All other devices, including another windows 11 device, have no problems connecting to either channel. Only my Thinkpad...
  4. Two monitors with 3440x1440 resolution - one works with all computers, the other only works...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two monitors with 3440x1440 resolution - one works with all computers, the other only works...: I have a problem that I can't wrap my head around. I have three computers - one desktop and two laptops - all running Windows 10 Pro that are all updated.I have two identical external displays - MSI Optix MAG341CQ that run up to 3440x1440 in 21:9 aspect ratioOne monitor runs...
  5. Two monitors with 3440x1440 resolution - one works with all computers, the other only works...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two monitors with 3440x1440 resolution - one works with all computers, the other only works...: I have a problem that I can't wrap my head around. I have three computers - one desktop and two laptops - all running Windows 10 Pro that are all updated.I have two identical external displays - MSI Optix MAG341CQ that run up to 3440x1440 in 21:9 aspect ratioOne monitor runs...
  6. Networked computers only one way

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networked computers only one way: After every Windows10 update, my ethernet stopped functioning. After this last update and a completely clean new install I have just spent hours and hours with different tech support people. The last one admitted that he could not overcome that issue. But he said, since we...
  7. Network works one way only

Network works one way only: I have two WIN 10 computers connected to modem/router by cable. When I open the network on computer "A", I can get to documents and other files on computer "B". However, when I try to get to the computer "A" from computer "B", the system asks for Network credentials. I don't...
  8. Computer Applications only work with one internet network

Computer Applications only work with one internet network: Hi, this is a really weird problem I'm having. All of my computer applications (Steam, Discord, Spotify) only work on one of my internet networks. If I connect to a different network (which is fully functional) all of these applications say offline. I can still use my...
  9. Two monitors but only one display works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two monitors but only one display works: I have two monitors displaying the Windows 10 screen and all of my shortcut buttons. I have gone through display settings and extending the displays. I have them set up in the right sequence. When I click on the 2nd monitor, everything appears on the 1st monitor. I...
  10. Shared Folders on two computers, only works one way

Shared Folders on two computers, only works one way: I have two computers on my home network (MSHOME), I'll call them 75 and 30 (last octet of the LAN IP). 30 is named NEW-PC and 75 is named HP-PC, 75 has the entire C: drive shared as HP-PC-C and 30 has the entire D: drive shared as New-PC-D. Both are setup the same way,...