Windows 10: Network options delay / Flight mode not working / "Permanent" sleep mode?

Discus and support Network options delay / Flight mode not working / "Permanent" sleep mode? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On clicking the WiFi Internet access option, the network list window appears but seems to take upwards of two minutes to show a full list. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrendanRichards85, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Network options delay / Flight mode not working / "Permanent" sleep mode?

On clicking the WiFi Internet access option, the network list window appears but seems to take upwards of two minutes to show a full list.

Network options delay / Flight mode not working / "Permanent" sleep mode? 4bb2f32f-391f-481e-a9c6-749ed75f968d?upload=true.png

In addition, I am unable to enable Flight Mode. On my keyboard, the F12 key is also used as the Flight Mode key.

(My computer does not have a key that enables or disables the Wi-Fi.)

On attempting to check the Wi-Fi and Flight Mode options under Network & Internet Settings, the Settings window freezes:

(I have hidden my Wi-Fi network name for privacy reasons)

Network options delay / Flight mode not working / "Permanent" sleep mode? be81105d-c8f5-4e5b-bb53-030075958067?upload=true.png

I cannot establish whether this is a network driver issue or something with Windows' updates.

For the record, my general system details are as follows:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.17763 Build 17763

System Model: HP Laptop 15-da0xxx

System Type: x64-based PC

If you need any more information regarding my computer could you please advise.

:)

BrendanRichards85, Aug 10, 2019

2. permanent flight mode

Hi

I have permanent flight mode on my phone Lumia 830 help please

pascal manyanda, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Win7ine Win User
    Wireless not installed but Flight Mode Option available

@Syed Md Bilal - Flight mode button is still active and displayed in Action Centre without having a Wifi or any other Radio i.e. BlueTooth installed on this machine. Not clear why this would have anything to do with LAN Network

adapters but your suggestion did not make any difference for the record.

Win7ine, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Network options delay / Flight mode not working / "Permanent" sleep mode?

sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Network options delay / Flight mode not working / "Permanent" sleep mode?

1. Network options delay / Flight mode not working / "Permanent" sleep mode? - Similar Threads - Network options delay

2. sleep mode is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sleep mode is not working: sleep mode is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-is-not-working/8663819a-6358-4b00-a159-a6cfb66fe6cd
  3. Sleep mode not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode not working: My newish Win 11 laptop will no longer go into sleep mode after 5 minutes like it is supposed to. I have fiddled with the power settings to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-not-working/673ddd28-ca89-4d2c-b8dc-fca82234cd63
  4. after sleep mode.... delayed reactions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after sleep mode.... delayed reactions: creating a new discussion because no answers to the question from May in recent days, with new tests. anything suggested as a solution, no matter how irrelevant, made no difference. This is frustrating. But at least now I don't have to hit the reset button to use my pc. Link...
  5. after sleep mode.... delayed reactions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after sleep mode.... delayed reactions: creating a new discussion because no answers to the question from May in recent days, with new tests. anything suggested as a solution, no matter how irrelevant, made no difference. This is frustrating. But at least now I don't have to hit the reset button to use my pc. Link...
  6. Flight mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flight mode: Hello, I cannot turn Flight mode off, switch does not work, I think it has bee permanently disabled some how, either a setting or physically, any ideas? I cannot turn WIFI on as it is in flight mode. Thanks...
  7. SLEEP MODE NOT WORKING..IF

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SLEEP MODE NOT WORKING..IF: after the 1909 update,my HP laptop sleep mode is not working.In sleep mode,my power button light is on and system will shut down.With the help of HP support forum,i checked for file errors using Microsoft tool in command mode and corrected it .It worked for a while and...
  8. Sleep mode not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode not working: The problem: I have a Logitech K200 keyboard USB that since the 2004 update the sleep function key no longer works it reboots the machine. Looking in the Power Settings area shows no entries where the keyboard is mentioned....
  9. Sleep mode is not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep mode is not working: Hi all, Can someone explain to me why Sleep doesn't put the PC properly to sleep? I'd decide to put mine to sleep and then just randomly, some minutes later it'll just wake up on its own. Defuq is going on here? submitted by /u/KingAnnO [link] [comments]...
  10. Sleep mode not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode not working: A week ago stopped working from my normal 3 minute setting. The screen turns off after 3 min, pc remains on, but I have to push the start/shut off button to get the monitor on again. Can't think of what software I might have added that could cause this. My Phoenix BIOS...