Windows 10: Network PC discovered by wifi laptop but USB printer attached to Network PC not seen ?

Discus and support Network PC discovered by wifi laptop but USB printer attached to Network PC not seen ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Network Host PC seen on wifi laptop but USB printer attached to host PC not seen by wifi laptop. My printer is wired via USB cable to my network host... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ErinInnKeeper, May 13, 2020.

1. Network PC discovered by wifi laptop but USB printer attached to Network PC not seen ?

Network Host PC seen on wifi laptop but USB printer attached to host PC not seen by wifi laptop.

My printer is wired via USB cable to my network host computer. When I access the network from my wifi laptop said printer is not there?

I have worked through all the settings for sharing on both PCs and everything looks fine. i have used the "find a printer by other options" and selected "select a shared printer by name". I entered \\DESKTOP-H2DD7V1\HP LaserJet M1319f MFP and hit the browse button. The host PC H2DD7v1 appears and when I dbl click on it no printer name appears?

This process has worked in the past with two wired PC's sharing this same printer. Any Ideas?

Thanks J

:)

ErinInnKeeper, May 13, 2020
  2. Nailezs Win User

networking a printer

when networking a printer does it have to be connected to the router or can it be connected to a pc and be networked thru the pc?

Nailezs, May 13, 2020
  3. PC Unable to discover and connect to long range Wifi network

Am using a window 7 OS on my laptop. My PC can only discover and connect to my modem or any wifi network position so close or beside my laptop. But if my modem or wifi network is a bit far away from my laptop (e.g one meter away), my laptop won't discover
    the wifi network.

Samiwog106, May 13, 2020
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Network PC discovered by wifi laptop but USB printer attached to Network PC not seen ?

Printer appears offline for one pc in the network?

when you click add network printer are you adding it from a diff PC?

for example.

when i add my 3 printers it will look like this (example)

Add Network printer

epson on theresa-laptop (some IP)

epson on main-frame (some ip)

epson on solaris-desktop (some ip)

epson (some IP)

that just an example. but you dont want to add it from a pc for example "epson on solaris-desktop (some ip)" you want to add it from "epson (some IP)" because if you add it from another system if that system is offline the printer wont be availible. If the printer does not have networking capabilities of its own..meaning that you wont have a printer on its own IP you need to make sure w/e PC the printer is hooked upto is on all the time

Solaris17, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Network PC discovered by wifi laptop but USB printer attached to Network PC not seen ?

1. Network PC discovered by wifi laptop but USB printer attached to Network PC not seen ? - Similar Threads - Network discovered wifi

2. Can't get network printer attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get network printer attached: I have 4 computers running W10 in the house: OFFICE3, OFFICE4, SERVER, and SUZY. OFFICE3 has an HP Laserjet M203 attached and shared. OFFICE4 and SERVER can both print to the M203. OFFICE3, OFFICE4, and SUZY can all use the shared folders on SERVER. Today I tried adding the...
  3. Can't get network printer attached

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get network printer attached: I have 4 computers running W10 in the house: OFFICE3, OFFICE4, SERVER, and SUZY. OFFICE3 has an HP Laserjet M203 attached and shared. OFFICE4 and SERVER can both print to the M203. OFFICE3, OFFICE4, and SUZY can all use the shared folders on SERVER. Today I tried adding the...
  4. Can't get network printer attached

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. The network shows my PRINTER as a PC

The network shows my PRINTER as a PC: When I try to connect to my pc from my Laptop, the network shows my PRINTER as a PC and also as a printer, But the PC does not show up on the network,? How can I fix that?...
  6. Wired Laptop not discovered on Network ?

Wired Laptop not discovered on Network ?: Hello everyone, this issue has been driving me crazy but at least I can throw all my energy at it due to being home all the time now. I have a Desktop HP All-In-One running WIndows 10 set as "discoverable"connected to the internet through a Bell Home Hub 2000 Router. Wired...
  7. my windows 10 pc can not be seen on the network

my windows 10 pc can not be seen on the network: my windows 10 pc can not be seen on the network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-pc-can-not-be-seen-on-the-network/d1817ac6-6207-49c7-9e93-837fb5688d64
  8. Network Discover issues

Network Discover issues: Three of my four workgroup PCs discover all the others, but one only discovers itself and one other. One of these has full access to all the shares on all the others, but none of the others have any access except to themselves and to the Netgear ReadyShare. I have...
  9. Attaching Printer to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Attaching Printer to PC: I am unable to attach my printer to my PC. It was working perfectly fine last week, but its now coming up with the message "driver unavailable". The printer is a MB5000 series and my PC is an HP. Can anyone help please as I desperately need to print something....
  10. Wifi network disconnects when wired network is attached

Wifi network disconnects when wired network is attached: Hi, I am currently struggling with the following problem: I have a Windows 10 Pro computer that has wired internet connection to the office network. And on top of that I need the computer to ALSO connect to my Sonoff Relay (ESP8266 Soft Access Point) over WiFi. So I...