Windows 10: Network permission errors Windows 10 Pro Version 1809

Discus and support Network permission errors Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have three PCs all running Windows 10 Pro Version 1809. All the sharing settings are identical where network discovery and file and printer sharing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevinB66, May 3, 2019.

1. KevinB66 Win User

Network permission errors Windows 10 Pro Version 1809

I have three PCs all running Windows 10 Pro Version 1809. All the sharing settings are identical where network discovery and file and printer sharing are turned on as well as password protected sharing turned off.

Computer 1 can see the other two computers but:

• Can access Computer 2 but cannot access any shared file or drive (Error dialog: "Windows cannot access \\Computer 2\Shared folder
    • Cannot access Computer 3 (Error dialog: "Windows cannot access \\Computer 3

Computer 2 can see the other two computers but:

• Can access Computer 1 but cannot access any shared file or drive (Error dialog: "Windows cannot access \\Computer 1\Shared folder
    • Has complete and full access to Computer 3

Computer 3 can see the other two computers but:

• Cannot access Computer 1 (Error dialog: "Windows cannot access \\Computer 1)
    • Can access Computer 2 but cannot access any shared file or drive (Error dialog: "Windows cannot access \\Computer 2\Shared folder

In addition to having identical network sharing settings I have also enabled insecure guest logons through the Local Group Policy Editor. I have added AllowInsecureGuestAuth and set the value to 1in the registry under \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters.

I have scoured the web to find a solution to this problem and nothing seems to work. I never had such networking issues before Windows 10. This OS is old now and networking and sharing should not be this difficult. I need help.

:)

KevinB66, May 3, 2019
  2. cdawall Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, May 3, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, May 3, 2019
  4. s3237410 Win User

Windows 10, version 1809 - Error 0x80070002

I have recently purchased a surface pro 6 and am not able to update to Windows 10, version 1809. Please provide a fix.

error message: - Windows 10, version 1809 -Error 0x80070002

s3237410, May 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Network permission errors Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 - Similar Threads - Network permission errors

2. Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 Will Not Update to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 Will Not Update to 1909: Hello, I have Windows 10 with 64 Bit Version 1809 and it won't update to 1909. I have 78.7 GB left of free space -- as noted when I press properties on Drive C icon. I've tried several times, and I've noticed that there are many comments on Google describing the same...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Version 1809

Windows 10 Pro Version 1809: We are a small business (3 employees) and upgraded our computers to Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 back at the end of May. We have had nothing but problems. The latest one was due to some Windows updates which got automatically installed. We had to call our computer support...
  4. Windows 10 Pro version 1809 unexpectedly restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro version 1809 unexpectedly restarts: Hello, I am getting unexpected restarts on the computer, but these happen on a Windows 10 Pro version 1809. I am using an Intel I7 chipset on a Gigabyte Z370P motherboard and an NVidia GeForce RTX 2060 GPU. Unfortunately I have not found any solution to this. Please...
  5. Window 10 Pro (Version 1809) - Networking Trouble

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Window 10 Pro (Version 1809) - Networking Trouble: I have 3-computers, all with Windows 10 Pro (Version 1809) and want to share file and pictures as well as share printers on my private home network. No matter which computer I'm on, and try to access another computer on the network, it ask me for "Credentials." I look up...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 0x80080005 error

Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 0x80080005 error: Hi, Windows update is giving me the below error There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80080005) I tried the following fix. 1.Press...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 You do not have permission to access files on a workgroup...

Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 You do not have permission to access files on a workgroup...: After spending a week trying to get Workgroup networked computers to communicate with each other, I finally got the solution. I originally could see the other computers in the network, but kept getting the `You do not have permission to access \\PC-Name. Under System...
  8. Windows 10 Pro 1809 error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro 1809 error: My computer is the Fujitsu LifeBook E8310 On disk "C" I have installed Win 10 Pro and Win 7 Ultimate Before I upgraded to Win 10 Pro 1809, when I was running a PC, it was my choice which of the two OSs should be started. Upgrade gives me a choice between 2 (two) Win 10!...
  9. Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Scren Flicker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Scren Flicker: I am wondering if other folks have this issue. When I open Device Manager the window contents flicker steadily. This also occurs on a second system here. There is a web site that asks me to check if Task manage also flickers, but it does not and that page then concludes...
  10. Windows 10 Pro version 1809

Windows 10 Pro version 1809: Microsoft once again challenges my LAN arrangement and "sharing" between all three Windows 10 Pro v1809 units. On one unit (Unit_1) everything works fine - I see the other two systems and the QNAP NAS in File Explorer as I would expect and the necessary sharing's work. On a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network permissions windows 10 pro