Windows 10: Network Permissions issue

Discus and support Network Permissions issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have got a Truenas storage device attached to laptop. It have got two 2 storage pools on it, I can get access to one of them but the other one when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andrew O'Keeffe, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Network Permissions issue

I have got a Truenas storage device attached to laptop. It have got two 2 storage pools on it, I can get access to one of them but the other one when I come to Map it says "windows cannot access \\ip address\ulla.I think some how I might have removed the permissions but don't know how to add them.

:)

Andrew O'Keeffe, Jan 23, 2023

2. Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can understand your concern. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the exact error message?
    2. Have you shared all hard drives or any particular folder within the particular hard drive?

Since you have mentioned that you are getting error related to permission issue, please refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by “Azee N” dated June 2nd 2010 on
    Providing permission to drive and try
    providing permission to the drive.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to re-map the drive.

1. Disconnect the drive by right click on the drive and select disconnect (if the drive is mapped).
    2. Then re-map the drive by referring to Map a network drive
      and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Jan 23, 2023
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Permission to access network

Hi Kristen,

You might be experiencing this issue because you lost permission to access the network resource or shortcut after upgrading your computer. To better assist you with this problem, we would like to know the following information.

• Are you using the shortcut to access a file or folder located on another computer in the network?
    • Is the file or folder located on the computer that you recently upgraded?
    • What is the exact error message that you received when accessing the shortcut?
    • Are you using a homegroup to share files between devices on your local network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter finds and fixes common connection problems. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Start typing Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems
      in the results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Jan 23, 2023
  4. Bree Win User

Network Permissions issue

Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

Thema:

Network Permissions issue

1. Network Permissions issue - Similar Threads - Network Permissions issue

2. Network Permissions issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Permissions issue: I have got a Truenas storage device attached to laptop. It have got two 2 storage pools on it, I can get access to one of them but the other one when I come to Map it says "windows cannot access \\ip address\ulla.I think some how I might have removed the permissions but don't...
  3. Network Permissions issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Permissions issue: I have got a Truenas storage device attached to laptop. It have got two 2 storage pools on it, I can get access to one of them but the other one when I come to Map it says "windows cannot access \\ip address\ulla.I think some how I might have removed the permissions but don't...
  4. Network Drive Permissions Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Drive Permissions Issues: Here we go...I had a computer that I had gotten used, wiped and reimaged with fresh windows 10. I set up the computer to work as a network drive, shared it with everyone. All the computer connected to it work with no issues.Fast forward, drive failed after attempting to clone...
  5. Network Drive Permissions Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Drive Permissions Issues: Here we go...I had a computer that I had gotten used, wiped and reimaged with fresh windows 10. I set up the computer to work as a network drive, shared it with everyone. All the computer connected to it work with no issues.Fast forward, drive failed after attempting to clone...
  6. Network Drive Permissions Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. network permission issue

network permission issue: I have 5 PC in my office. I want to access each desktop from all the others and have been able to in the past. Not sure why but now when I go to File Explorer and click on a network location I get the following error: Windows cannot access BOBSDESK No desktops use...
  8. Network permissions?

Network permissions?: I can see the other computers, yet the message is "I do not have permission to access them?...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-permissions/31abd77e-4787-46fc-8097-a54270d554fd
  9. Network Attached Storage NAS Permissions Issues

Network Attached Storage NAS Permissions Issues: I have a Seagate Personnel Cloud NAS device. When attempting to delete files or folders I receive the error message "You need permission to perform this action". The Seagate tech who I consulted with directed me to a Microsoft solution to the problem at :...
  10. Network Permissions

Network Permissions: It is amazing to me that users of Windows 10 are not able to share files between computers--whether another one is using Windows 10 or Windows 7. And the reply posted below to the same question as mine does not work, and there is no update to it after it being posted 3 1/2...