Windows 10: Network printer connected, but shows as offline

Discus and support Network printer connected, but shows as offline in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have one user who is connected to 3 RICOH MP 4055 printers. For some reason they are all showing offline and he's the only person with this problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by csjones37, Nov 9, 2020.

1. csjones37 Win User

Network printer connected, but shows as offline

I have one user who is connected to 3 RICOH MP 4055 printers. For some reason they are all showing offline and he's the only person with this problem in the office. Any advice?

:)

csjones37, Nov 9, 2020
  2. Jacko28er Win User

Networked Printer showing "Offline"

Hey guys,

I'm having a slight issue with one of my printers in that it's showing offline and I can't print to it.

It's a Datamax label printer which is connected to my network via a Netgear print server, this has then be added to one of my servers for sharing etc.

So far I've tried the below.

- Classic on/off.
    - Removing from server and re-adding.
    - Ensuring that under port configuration SNMP Status is disabled.
    - Assigning to different IP.
    - Restarting Print Spooler.

I can ping it fine and the printer itself is letting me do manual test prints using its interface, but no matter what I cannot get it to stop showing up as offline and allowing me to print to it over the network. I should add that it's worked fine for the past year.

Any suggestions?

Jacko28er, Nov 9, 2020
  3. RoboX Win User
    Wi-fi printer goes Offline

I have an Epson SX420W wifi connected to a router Belkin 54g. The network consists of a desktop PC and a notebook with Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, and a notebook with windows 7, all connected wirelessly to the router and all with the latest epson drivers installed. The printer connects to the router is successful, as well as the network test from the panel of the printer. Installing the printer on the various devices was successful, as well as various proofs. The problem is that sometimes the printer is detected by the devices on the network like "offline", even though it is turned on, properly connected, as the test outcome. What happens for no apparent reason, in some cases it works perfectly while in others it is offline.
    Do you know what can depend on and how to fix?

RoboX, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Network printer connected, but shows as offline

Network printer connection issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to connect the printer in the Wi-Fi network. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the printer?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform the steps as mention in these artilcles

Change a printer’s status from “offline” to “online”

Troubleshooting offline printer problems

If you still have issues, then you can refer the steps as mentioned in this article:

Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10

Please get back with the details for further investigation on the issue.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Network printer connected, but shows as offline

1. Network printer connected, but shows as offline - Similar Threads - Network printer connected

2. printer shows offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer shows offline: My HP M29 printer shows status as "offline" or "not connected". It is the default printer on my laptop and is connected wirelessly to the network. When I try to print, I can see that there is a document in the queue, but it will not print automatically. If I run the...
  3. printer shows offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer shows offline: My HP M29 printer shows status as "offline" or "not connected". It is the default printer on my laptop and is connected wirelessly to the network. When I try to print, I can see that there is a document in the queue, but it will not print automatically. If I run the...
  4. printer shows offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. printer shows offline

printer shows offline: I cannot get my PC to communicate with my printer, printer shows its offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-shows-offline/4150f42d-8fe3-41c4-96b8-35effa68415e
  6. printer shows offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer shows offline: I cannot get my PC to communicate with my printer, printer shows its offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-shows-offline/4150f42d-8fe3-41c4-96b8-35effa68415e
  7. printer shows offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. network printers offline

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    network printers offline: I have windows 10 Pro version 2004 and it shows my network printers offline. Everyone else in the office the printers work fine. How do I fix this? Two days now I have been unable to print. please help asap....
  9. Networked Printers “Offline”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Networked Printers “Offline”: So we have networked Brother laser printers and HP inkjet a. Never had a problem with them, until we switched to Win10. Now the printers just go “offline” when they feel like it. Sometimes the ports have switched to WSD. Other times the ports are fine and we restart a few...
  10. printer shows "offline"

printer shows "offline": when we want to print, we hit PRINT but a note comes up as "Printer OFFLINE". We then hit TROUBLESHOOTER and it will print whatever we had set up to print. However, the next time we want to print we have to go through the TROUBLESHOOTER to print anything. This happened...