Windows 10: Network Printer disappeared

Discus and support Network Printer disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Environment: A small office network as 3 Windows 10 desktops, a Win10 laptops and a Win 7 laptop in a homegroup. One of the folders on a desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rmk9785e, Dec 10, 2017.

1. rmk9785e Win User

Network Printer disappeared

Environment: A small office network as 3 Windows 10 desktops, a Win10 laptops and a Win 7 laptop in a homegroup. One of the folders on a desktop ‘serves’ a shared folder and a directly attached Laserjet 5000 with the homegroup members. There’s an Epson printer attached to a network switch and it is also shared by client computers. There was a lengthy Windows 10 update this weekend.
    Problem: Since the update, the HP Laserjet has disappeared from the Win 10 laptop and stopped printing multiple copies from a desktop. There’s no problem on the Win7 laptop.
    Requesting troubleshooting advice.

:)

rmk9785e, Dec 10, 2017

2. Suddenly one PC on the home network can see PCs on the network but they can not see it except for it's media devices

Hi Greg,

I did a network reset on the disappearing PC and it and the printer reappeared in my network list.

I do not know for how long.

It is still not on the homegroup.

Tim

Tim in Baltimore, Dec 10, 2017
  3. SCTanner Win User
    Windows 10 Devices and Printers

Printers disappeared from Devices and Printers after the anniversary update, except for Fax. I have tried re-installing my network printer, and all indications were that it successfully installed, except that it does not appear in Devices and Printers...
    and I cannot print to it. There was no problem printing to this printer prior to the anniversary updates. How do I fix this?

SCTanner, Dec 10, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

What happens if you go into Devices and Printers and attempt to add the missing printer onto the affected machines? That's what I would try first, were I in your shoes. I noticed that after the recent FCU, I had to reset my network printers for all updated machines. This might possibly be involved. Give it a try!
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 11, 2017
  5. rmk9785e Win User
    Thank you for the suggestion. Yes, I am able to setup the printers again but it is such a undue activity. The update also reset the printer driver configurations so those also have to be reconfigured. Isn't there a way to 'lock-up' some configurations that would stay protected during Windows updates?

rmk9785e, Dec 11, 2017
  6. EdTittel Win User
    I wish there were a way to lock things up as you suggest/request. There is probably a way to automate the process using robokeys or something like that, but it only works as long as the UI for the configuration widgets doesn't change, either. Sigh.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Network Printer disappeared - Similar Threads - Network Printer disappeared

2. network printers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network printers: help me what can i do to see the network shares computers, one computer dont see the enother network computer. thanksssssssss 159271
  3. Network Printer

Network Printer: I need a vbscript to add a network printer (ip printer) and set it as default for all users that login to the computer. Thank you in advance. 138069
  4. Network Printer

in Windows 10 Support
    Network Printer: I need a vbscript to add a network printer (ip printer) and set it as default for all users that login to the computer. Thank you in advance. 138069
  5. networking a printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    networking a printer: My windows 10 machine can "see" my windows 7 machine, but cannot "find" the printer attached to the windows 7 machine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networking-a-printer/0a05bf8d-9b45-456c-953f-45d9af358d34
  6. NETWORK PRINTER

NETWORK PRINTER: THE PRINTER IS CONNECTED BUT IS OFFLINE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-printer/7bd6ee9d-2a3f-4f46-ba2e-76d226281c3b
  7. Network Printer

Network Printer: Hi, Could someone explain how Windows 10 can discover my printer but I cannot ping it via its IP? The model of my wireless printer is HP P1102w. My laptop network config is as follows: IP: 192.168.3.169 Subnet: 255.255.255.224 Gateway: 192.168.3.161 My printer IP...
  8. All network printers disappeared, can not add new network printers

All network printers disappeared, can not add new network printers: Since the last week, all my network printers have simply disappeared and trying to add new network printers yield "no new printers found". All other computers on my network using the same WIFI connection that I do and can see my two network printers and print to them,...
  9. Network Printers

Network Printers: I have two HP network printers. After I install them I go to the Control Panel Devices and printers, and rename tboth of the printers so that the users will know which HP printer they should use. After I reboot the machine, In the Settings ->Devices page, the...
  10. Disappearing shared printer

Disappearing shared printer: I upgraded my laptop and desktop to Windows 10. Everything OK after re-setting up Homegroup, including file and printer sharing. However, shared printers on desktop suddenly have become invisible to laptop, although shared files are still visible. I deleted the homegroup and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network printer disappears windows 10

2. network printers disappeared in windows 10 and cannot be reinstalled