Windows 10: Network Printer Does Not Show Up In File Exporer

Discus and support Network Printer Does Not Show Up In File Exporer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.230 on all of my computers I have two printers, an HP Inkjet and a Brother Laser, on my all wireless network and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bluewind, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Bluewind Win User

Network Printer Does Not Show Up In File Exporer

Windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.230 on all of my computers

I have two printers, an HP Inkjet and a Brother Laser, on my all wireless network and they both work perfectly from any of the 3 machines on the network. And they both show up in File Explorer on two of the machines. On this machine however the Brother does not show up there. It does show in Devices and Printers though.

I have uninstalled the Brother and reinstalled it but that didn't solve the problem. I've tried the latest driver but still no luck.

This is really no problem since I can print to the Brother from any of the 3 machines but I would really like to understand why it doesn't show up .

Can someone help me here?

Thank you.

:)

Bluewind, Jul 22, 2019
  2. Jacko28er Win User

Networked Printer showing "Offline"

Hey guys,

I'm having a slight issue with one of my printers in that it's showing offline and I can't print to it.

It's a Datamax label printer which is connected to my network via a Netgear print server, this has then be added to one of my servers for sharing etc.

So far I've tried the below.

- Classic on/off.
    - Removing from server and re-adding.
    - Ensuring that under port configuration SNMP Status is disabled.
    - Assigning to different IP.
    - Restarting Print Spooler.

I can ping it fine and the printer itself is letting me do manual test prints using its interface, but no matter what I cannot get it to stop showing up as offline and allowing me to print to it over the network. I should add that it's worked fine for the past year.

Any suggestions?

Jacko28er, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Network Printer NOT RECOGNIZED!

Hi Laura,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is your printer is connected to wired or wireless network?

• Are you able to view your printer on your network location?
    I would suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Printer.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Network Printer Does Not Show Up In File Exporer - Similar Threads - Network Printer Does

2. Devices missing from Network in File Exporer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Devices missing from Network in File Exporer: I have a small home network. Two wired desktop PCs, two wireless Surface tablets all on Windows 10 Pro, fully up to date and a wired server running OpenMediaVault. I’ve just added what will become a replacement server – same hardware, later version of OMV software. For a...
  3. Devices missing from Network in File Exporer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices missing from Network in File Exporer: I have a small home network. Two wired desktop PCs, two wireless Surface tablets all on Windows 10 Pro, fully up to date and a wired server running OpenMediaVault. I’ve just added what will become a replacement server – same hardware, later version of OMV software. For a...
  4. Devices missing from Network in File Exporer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File exporer tree disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    File exporer tree disappeared: Hi all, new user here. Just one little problem. I just installed version 2004. Everything is working fine except that I have no explorer tree on the left side of my Quick Access window. I've tried everything I can think of to get it back but nothing works. There are 2 other...
  6. file exporer merge files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file exporer merge files: how do I merge a file with another that have the same name? Its a bbot file for a game system ive deleted the memory stick that was in it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-exporer-merge-files/ed3a51df-91b8-447b-a410-8da5fc21dcaf"
  7. Printer not showing up in devices and printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer not showing up in devices and printers: My printer does not show up in Devices and Printers. However, when I print from my applications, I can find the printer and it works fine. I want to make my printer the default printer, but have no way to do that. Can you help?...
  8. Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer

Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer: When I open File Explorer and click on the Network icon in the left margin, I see multiple devices but I do not see all of my PCs. I have 3 PCs (all running Win 10 home version) and on one of the PCs the only PC that shows is the PC that I am running File Explorer. On another...
  9. My computer does not show up in the network

My computer does not show up in the network: In windows explorer under "network," all of my computers show up except for the computer I am working on. It does show up under media devices, but not as a computer, and it doesn't show up as a computer on my other computers, either. Sometimes it will show up as an...
  10. network and printers not showing

network and printers not showing: We have recently updated our four work computers to windows 10. Mine shows none of the network computers or printers under network. Under printers it shows one of our four printers but says driver unavailable and the spooler is not working. I can get onto two of the other...