Windows 10: Network printer fail to connect to Windows10

Discus and support Network printer fail to connect to Windows10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It looks like the network printer can not be found in the below network: HP_ENVY - LAN_CABLE - ROUTER1SonicwallSOHO - LAN_CABLE - ROUTER2PLDT -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JariKosonen, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Network printer fail to connect to Windows10

It looks like the network printer can not be found in the below network:

HP_ENVY - LAN_CABLE - ROUTER1SonicwallSOHO - LAN_CABLE - ROUTER2PLDT - Wifi2.4GHz - Canon_PIXMA_E4270

Below is messages from the printer finding program from Canon:

Network printer fail to connect to Windows10 5c8e0f99-2d0d-4571-9d67-406b428046f8?upload=true.png

Network printer fail to connect to Windows10 1fdc698a-0326-43cb-9fb7-cfa9e8fdf51a?upload=true.png

Also in similar connection case with Linux ZorinOS15.2 fail to connect to the printer...

I guess the printer possibly can not handle 2 routers between it and the PC or something like that network, firewall, etc issues.

--

Jari

:)

JariKosonen, Jun 21, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Network printer fail to connect to Windows10 [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Network printer fail to connect to Windows10 [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jun 21, 2020
  3. RokeW Win User
    Printer visible on network but can't connect

Well I had done all of the suggested steps but in wrong order. I updated router firmware, but still couldn't see printer. When I then reinstalled the new driver I had downloaded, it located the printer and all is now running fine. How complex this can get!

RokeW, Jun 21, 2020
  4. DaleNoel Win User

Network printer fail to connect to Windows10

Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Network printer fail to connect to Windows10

1. Network printer fail to connect to Windows10 - Similar Threads - Network printer fail

2. Printer is not connecting to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer is not connecting to network: After cumulative windows updates my printer is not connecting to network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-connecting-to-network/0e633272-dbf3-4b55-bebe-77263a710010
  3. Printer is not connecting to network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer is not connecting to network: After cumulative windows updates my printer is not connecting to network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-connecting-to-network/0e633272-dbf3-4b55-bebe-77263a710010
  4. Printer is not connecting to network

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Network share printer not connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network share printer not connect: I can't connect with one of the networks shared printers. it showed " operation failed with error 0x00000520".Please help me to solve this issue. One thing is someone can print and someone can't print. The driver was also updated. So many errors with different pc....
  6. Printer will not connect to wifi network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer will not connect to wifi network.: The printer was working fine until one day a WiFi Thermostat was installed. Since that day, if I attempt to get the printer to connect, it disconnects the computer's WiFi and the printer connects and prints with the apps. If I re-enable the computer WiFi, the printer goes...
  7. Network Connectivity, Windows10 and Printer -- not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Connectivity, Windows10 and Printer -- not working: I have a new computer with Windows 10. Printer, Epson WorkForce 840 is older and is not recognizing or will it allow me to type in updated wifi network connection. I have troubleshooted every which way you can think of. What do you advise?...
  8. Network connectivity fails

Network connectivity fails: Hi, An ipv4 ping from my multihomed Windows 10 host to Ubuntu running under Hyper-V only works when using the same subnet as the source that is used by the internal NIC being used by Ubuntu. This also true when neither the host nor the Linux firewalls are enabled. Running...
  9. Connect a Network Printer

Connect a Network Printer: Hi, I have two computers and each one has its own printer. They are connected in the same network. How can I connect to the other computer's printer? I can't seem to figure this out.......
  10. Failing to Add Network Printers/Domain on Wireless Connection

Failing to Add Network Printers/Domain on Wireless Connection: If the PC is connected via Ethernet and I go to settings->Devices->Add a printer or scanner, it shows all the network printers attached to one of our servers as well as actual printer host names. I normally add via the server attached printers. I am trying to use a TP-Link...