Windows 10: Network Printer Lost in Windows 10, not in Windows 7

Discus and support Network Printer Lost in Windows 10, not in Windows 7 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Computers with Windows 10, including one with 2004 update, no longer print to Toshiba network printer, but do print to other printers. My computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RayWoodcock1, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Network Printer Lost in Windows 10, not in Windows 7

Computers with Windows 10, including one with 2004 update, no longer print to Toshiba network printer, but do print to other printers. My computer with Windows 7 still prints to the Toshiba printer, so it is not a printer problem. I have worked through the "https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4015401/windows-10-fix-printer-problems" advice with no luck. What next? This seems to be a problem from Windows 10 updates.

:)

RayWoodcock1, Jun 19, 2020

2. windows 10 VERY slow when trying to open Devices & Printers?

Although I appreciate your offer for suggestions as you can see by the post dates, this thread is a bit long in the tooth. The issue was resolved with one of the updated builds of windows 10. Although in my opinion it's still not as fast as Windows 7, it's nowhere near as slow as it was in summer 2016 when I posted this issue.

Thread issue resolved

jboydgolfer, Jun 19, 2020
  3. alexp999 Win User
    Can't connect to network printer on Windows 7

Hi,

I have a big HP A3 printer setup on my USR router, and its been working great on XP and Vista, I just go to add printer, add network printer, add by name, and paste in the following address.

http://192.168.2.1:1631/printers/My_Printer

I have just gone to do this on Windows 7 and it says it cannot connect.

Even the router is reporting it as connected and ready *Confused Network Printer Lost in Windows 10, not in Windows 7 :confused:

alexp999, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Network Printer Lost in Windows 10, not in Windows 7

Networking a USB printer in Windows 10

Hi Pat,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the printer?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps. ( Applies to Windows 10 also)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/install-printer-home-network#1TC=windows-7

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Network Printer Lost in Windows 10, not in Windows 7

1. Network Printer Lost in Windows 10, not in Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Network Printer Lost

2. New printer will not connect to Windows 7 computer Network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New printer will not connect to Windows 7 computer Network.: I have a HP Windows 7 computer. I just purchased an HP ENVY 6458e printer and it will not attach to the Network. Any suggestions? Is my computer just to old to support the printer?...
  3. New printer will not connect to Windows 7 computer Network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New printer will not connect to Windows 7 computer Network.: I have a HP Windows 7 computer. I just purchased an HP ENVY 6458e printer and it will not attach to the Network. Any suggestions? Is my computer just to old to support the printer?...
  4. Windows 7 PC no longer shares printer with the rest of the network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 PC no longer shares printer with the rest of the network: Hello,I have a small business and we have 4 PCs connected in a network. 3 of these are Windows 10 and fully updated. One is still stuck on Windows 7 due to possible migration issues.Until recently, a printer that is connected to the Windows 7 PC was freely usable by the rest...
  5. share printer over network from window 7 to window 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    share printer over network from window 7 to window 10: i am not able to share printer over network using home group setting i have window 7 to which my printer is connected via usb port i want to connect my lapi which is running on window 10 so i am able to print my docs over network....
  6. Network Printer and Windows 10

Network Printer and Windows 10: I changed the router, but can't find the way how to give the new password for the HP printer which doesn't work. Is this the problem or something else... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-printer-and-windows-10/dd7cb678-153a-4cf8-9c92-63e9f9f38a3d
  7. Lost access to networked printer after Windows 10 Update

Lost access to networked printer after Windows 10 Update: Hi My wife and I have a PC each both running Windows 10 Home which are always kept up-to-date. The two PCs share one USB printer, physically connected to my PC which is direct connected to the BT Hub. My wife's PC is connected to the BT Hub via power line adapters. This...
  8. Windows 10 and Network Printers

Windows 10 and Network Printers: Hello everyone. I'm not able to find anything on this elsewhere, so I think I should ask here. At our company, we are currently scrambling to upgrade to Windows 10. We have about 200 people who need to upgrade, but most people currently aren't able to print with Windows 10....
  9. Networking Windows 10 and Windows 7 home network

Networking Windows 10 and Windows 7 home network: I just bought W10 to replace my desk XP in my living room Intermittently, I've been able to get W10 to see and file share with my W7 laptop in my bedroom. Most often success with that. Very rarely have I been able to get my w7 laptop in my bedroom to see or share files...
  10. Networking Windows 10 and Windows 7

Networking Windows 10 and Windows 7: How do I configure my computers so that I can fileshare between the across my wireless network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networking-windows-10-and-windows-7/05e25af5-a543-4547-956e-3451531d62d4