Windows 10: Network printer not found from printer installer

Discus and support Network printer not found from printer installer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We have an issue with only one of our computers not able to install the printer as below... Using the latest installer for a Fuji Xerox 'DocuCentre-V... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GBE-Dan, Nov 11, 2019.

1. GBE-Dan Win User

Network printer not found from printer installer

We have an issue with only one of our computers not able to install the printer as below...

Using the latest installer for a Fuji Xerox 'DocuCentre-V C2263', when running setup 'standard' no printer is found on our network and warring popup message then shows to say 'unable to find check your network settings...'

The computer is a completely new install we've not had any other problem like this with other computers setup the same way.

We have tried disabling all firewalls and no other 3rd party antivirus is installed.

We are able to Ping the printer which is on a static IP.

From Printer & Scanner settings we are able to 'add printer' but missing the Driver to make it work.

All other computers in our company work fine and this is the second time we have re formatted the computer.

Anyone know what could be stopping this or had same issue before ?

:)

GBE-Dan, Nov 11, 2019
  2. BobBarr Win User

networking a printer

It can be networked through the computer through control panel settings<view installed printers<your printer< share this printer I think is simple way someone else correct me if I'm wrong. Once you do that try connecting on your other comps by adding printer over network.

BobBarr, Nov 11, 2019
  3. networking a printer

true ive done it at my courses *Smile Network printer not found from printer installer :)
    so you just have to connect it to the pc and that one should be connected with the network *Smile Network printer not found from printer installer :)

DreamSeller, Nov 11, 2019
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

printer won't work on network but will over usb

his printer has a built-in print server.

What you need to know what ip is being give to the printer. Perhaps you can print a status sheet from the printer.

Then Go to printers in control panel

add a new printer

local printer attached, uncheck automatically detect and install PnP printer

create a new port, select standard tcp/ip port

a new window should open and enter the ip there where it says printer name or IP address (port name then should be also be filled as you go)

and pretty much follow the rest of the steps, you will need to install the printer drivers.

These steps is the easy, but not the right way.

The right way is to use the network option on the initial screw and search for the printer server...but that can be tricky to configure.

Thema:

1. Network printer not found from printer installer - Similar Threads - Network printer found

2. Printer driver was not installed – Element not found

in Windows 10 News
    Printer driver was not installed – Element not found: [ATTACH]As a Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC user, you may encounter printer issues or errors like Error 0x00000c1, Error 0x0000052e, Error 0x0000007c or 0x000006e4, HP Printer validation failed error. In this post, we provide the solutions to fix the Printer driver was not...
  3. Network Printer Installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Printer Installation: Error operation could not be completed 0x00000709 when installing a network printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-printer-installation/bba266ae-0c80-48a8-9ca7-91d6bd6f9172
  4. Network Printer Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Printer Installation: Error operation could not be completed 0x00000709 when installing a network printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-printer-installation/bba266ae-0c80-48a8-9ca7-91d6bd6f9172
  5. Network Printer Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unable to install Network Printer

Unable to install Network Printer: I have a strange problem with a couple of laptops in a network of some 30 machines. We have recently had a couple of Lexmark networked colour laser printers installed and all machines have successfully had the new printers installed - with the exception of two laptops....
  7. Network printer installation

Network printer installation: I have a strange problem with a couple of laptops in a network of some 30 machines. We have recently had a couple of Lexmark networked colour laser printers installed and all machines have successfully had the new printers installed - with the exception of two laptops....
  8. Using printer network printer

Using printer network printer: Hello everyone, I have some troubles with my printer. So there are 2 computers. The first one under Windows 10 pro x64 and another one under Windows XP SP3. They are in the local network. My printer Cannon i-SENSYS LBP6000 plugged in Windows 10 pro x64. Everything looks...
  9. Network Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Printer: Hi, Could someone explain how Windows 10 can discover my printer but I cannot ping it via its IP? The model of my wireless printer is HP P1102w. My laptop network config is as follows: IP: 192.168.3.169 Subnet: 255.255.255.224 Gateway: 192.168.3.161 My printer IP...
  10. printer cannot be found by the network

printer cannot be found by the network: Error shows printer cannot be found by the network, it prints ok but this message appears when opening page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-cannot-be-found-by-the-network/754c02af-574c-4458-a938-3de6079bbf46