Windows 10: Network printer not recognized in Windows 10

Discus and support Network printer not recognized in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two Windows 10 workstations and a Canon Pixma printer on my home network. One workstation can detect the printer and the other cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SanfordStein, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Network printer not recognized in Windows 10

I have two Windows 10 workstations and a Canon Pixma printer on my home network. One workstation can detect the printer and the other cannot (although it did until about a week ago). Why would this be happening? I am 99% sure it is not the printer settings, but an OS and firewall problem on the second workstation. I did temporarily disable the Windows firewall and it did not help.

:)

SanfordStein, Nov 20, 2019

2. Network Printer NOT RECOGNIZED!

Hi Laura,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is your printer is connected to wired or wireless network?

• Are you able to view your printer on your network location?
    I would suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Printer.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 20, 2019
  3. windows 10 does not recognize network printer

Hello,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you for the issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is your printer is connected to wired or wireless network?

• Are you able to view your printer on your network location?
    I would suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Printer.

• Follow the on screen instruction.
    For reference Fix printer problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Network printer not recognized in Windows 10

How can I get Windows 10 to recognize an Unspecified Device as a Printer?

I have installed a DYMO printer, but it is not listed as a printer but only as an Unspecified Device. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize an Unspecified Device as a Printer? All printer troubleshooting steps require it to be listed as a Printer, and
    all Help solutions assume that it can be recognized as a printer.

Shesabigdork, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Network printer not recognized in Windows 10

1. Network printer not recognized in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Network printer recognized

2. Network printer online, but is not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network printer online, but is not recognized: I have a Cannon network laser printer and have verified that it is on line and connected to the network. I am unable to print from any program, it says when it does that the "Print Spooler is not running, however when I go to the services it shows that the spooler is running....
  3. Network printer online, but is not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network printer online, but is not recognized: I have a Cannon network laser printer and have verified that it is on line and connected to the network. I am unable to print from any program, it says when it does that the "Print Spooler is not running, however when I go to the services it shows that the spooler is running....
  4. Windows 10 not correctly recognizing printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not correctly recognizing printer: Recently I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since then, my PaperPort scanner software cannot function with my Canon PIXMA MX472 all-in-one using the USB TWAIN connection required to use the scanner software interface. I updated the Kofax scanner software with no...
  5. Network printer not recognize by my pc

Network printer not recognize by my pc: HP Deskjet 2332 After updating from Windows 8 to Windows 10 my network printer is refusing to connect. When I go to printer settings and search for available printer it doesn't shows up. I'm afraid if it's compatible with new windows or not....
  6. Network Printer and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Printer and Windows 10: I changed the router, but can't find the way how to give the new password for the HP printer which doesn't work. Is this the problem or something else... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-printer-and-windows-10/dd7cb678-153a-4cf8-9c92-63e9f9f38a3d
  7. Windows 10 and Network Printers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and Network Printers: Hello everyone. I'm not able to find anything on this elsewhere, so I think I should ask here. At our company, we are currently scrambling to upgrade to Windows 10. We have about 200 people who need to upgrade, but most people currently aren't able to print with Windows 10....
  8. Windows 10 not recognizing printer

Windows 10 not recognizing printer: Hi, Bought a new Acer computer with windows 10 that will not recognize my Canon MF4150 printer. Old computer had 10 on it and printer worked fine. I've added new drivers, and done everything I could find for advise but nothing works. Canon's website says the printer...
  9. Printer not recognized

Printer not recognized: How do I install an old printer on a new Windows 10 ThinkPad? The printer is an HP LaserJet 2200. Windows can't find it, even when I tell it to search for an older printer....
  10. Windows 10 not recognizing network printers

Windows 10 not recognizing network printers: This is the problem: whenever I bring my laptop computer turned on (sleep mode or totally on) into my office, automatically detecting my workgroup at the office and connecting to it, and send a document to print, windows sends the message saying that the printer is offline,...