Windows 10: Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline

Discus and support Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is to share the "printer offline" solution I just bumped into today after having unsuccessful outcomes from trying some Community suggestions: I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by caleZS, Feb 19, 2022.

1. caleZS Win User

Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline

This is to share the "printer offline" solution I just bumped into today after having unsuccessful outcomes from trying some Community suggestions: I right clicked on the offline printer in "Devices and Printers" Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> View Devices and Printers>.Next, I clicked on "Troubleshoot" and after it cycled through, it suggested I set the printer as the default printer. So I tried that and after that process cycled through, it reported printer status as "Fixed."I then checked "Devices and Printers" again for verification and Voila! ... the printer was back onlin

:)

caleZS, Feb 19, 2022
  2. Jacko28er Win User

Networked Printer showing "Offline"

Hey guys,

I'm having a slight issue with one of my printers in that it's showing offline and I can't print to it.

It's a Datamax label printer which is connected to my network via a Netgear print server, this has then be added to one of my servers for sharing etc.

So far I've tried the below.

- Classic on/off.
    - Removing from server and re-adding.
    - Ensuring that under port configuration SNMP Status is disabled.
    - Assigning to different IP.
    - Restarting Print Spooler.

I can ping it fine and the printer itself is letting me do manual test prints using its interface, but no matter what I cannot get it to stop showing up as offline and allowing me to print to it over the network. I should add that it's worked fine for the past year.

Any suggestions?

Jacko28er, Feb 19, 2022
  3. Zaki_j Win User
    Printer keeps going offline when windows 10 updates

Hi Graham,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your printer shows offline.

• When you say “Printer keeps going offline when windows 10 updates” do you mean that the printer goes offline after installing updates?

I suggest you to follow the below given methods and see if that helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you try
    changing the printer’s status from “offline” to “online”
    and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I would have you download and run the HP Scan doctor from the manufacturers website. Refer to the article and follow the suggestion on
    Resolving Printer Offline problem using the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I suggest you refer to the article
    Troubleshooting offline printer problems
    and perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned and see if that helps.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Feb 19, 2022
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Printer appears offline for one pc in the network?

when you click add network printer are you adding it from a diff PC?

for example.

when i add my 3 printers it will look like this (example)

Add Network printer

epson on theresa-laptop (some IP)

epson on main-frame (some ip)

epson on solaris-desktop (some ip)

epson (some IP)

that just an example. but you dont want to add it from a pc for example "epson on solaris-desktop (some ip)" you want to add it from "epson (some IP)" because if you add it from another system if that system is offline the printer wont be availible. If the printer does not have networking capabilities of its own..meaning that you wont have a printer on its own IP you need to make sure w/e PC the printer is hooked upto is on all the time

Solaris17, Feb 19, 2022
Thema:

1. Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline - Similar Threads - Network Printer Suddenly

2. Printers keep going offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printers keep going offline: I have two printers connected to my wi-fi network via a router/modem all in one. They KEEP going offline & I don't know why. When it happens, I either run the built-in Windows troubleshooter or I go and unplug the printer, plug it back up and then it is fine -- the latter...
  3. Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline: This is to share the "printer offline" solution I just bumped into today after having unsuccessful outcomes from trying some Community suggestions: I right clicked on the offline printer in "Devices and Printers" Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> View Devices and...
  4. Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline: This is to share the "printer offline" solution I just bumped into today after having unsuccessful outcomes from trying some Community suggestions: I right clicked on the offline printer in "Devices and Printers" Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> View Devices and...
  5. network printers offline

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    network printers offline: I have windows 10 Pro version 2004 and it shows my network printers offline. Everyone else in the office the printers work fine. How do I fix this? Two days now I have been unable to print. please help asap....
  6. Network Printers going offline randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Printers going offline randomly: I am supporting an office of about 15 users. All the users upgraded or received new Windows 10 machines last year. All Dell. Late in the year, their network printers from the print server would display offline. Restarting the local print spooler fixes it, but it keeps...
  7. Networked Printers “Offline”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Networked Printers “Offline”: So we have networked Brother laser printers and HP inkjet a. Never had a problem with them, until we switched to Win10. Now the printers just go “offline” when they feel like it. Sometimes the ports have switched to WSD. Other times the ports are fine and we restart a few...
  8. Printer going offline

Printer going offline: I have installed two windows 10 computer as server and client Kyocera printers but when the server printer displays warming up or app available,the client computer displays server printer offline.Tried power cycle option 10 or 30 secs but after some time of not printing the...
  9. Printers Keep Going Offline

Printers Keep Going Offline: We're having issues with our printers keep going offline & we're unable to print. This is happening with both of our wireless printers (Brother MFC6930DW & HP T120) indicating this is a problem with Windows 10 Professional & not the printers. If we delete the printers & add...
  10. printer is suddenly offline

printer is suddenly offline: The Devices and printers displays 2 identical printers. I'm guess one is the network connection and one is the wi-fi connection. The wi-fi stopped this morning after printing one page perfectly. Now neither printer seems to be connected. Contacted HP(printer is HP Deskjet...