Windows 10: Network printer weirdness in Windows 10 21H1...

Discus and support Network printer weirdness in Windows 10 21H1... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I never had this problem before and we have a bunch of computers here at home including the one that still won't update to beyond W10 1909, but that's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GrandpaOfLoba, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Network printer weirdness in Windows 10 21H1...

I never had this problem before and we have a bunch of computers here at home including the one that still won't update to beyond W10 1909, but that's not the issue.This started yesterday. Here are some details...- Printers are on the Windows 10 V.1909 machine- Printers are shared- Everything worked perfectly until yesterday on the network- There were no updates on any of the machines- The computers are networked using gigabit Ethernet, not Wi-Fi.- I can ping every computer successfully from every other computerSo, what's new???- As of yesterday, one machine my wife's workstation, of cours

:)

GrandpaOfLoba, Oct 22, 2021

2. Networking a USB printer in Windows 10

Hi Pat,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the printer?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps. ( Applies to Windows 10 also)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/install-printer-home-network#1TC=windows-7

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 22, 2021
  3. Network Printer NOT RECOGNIZED!

Hi Laura,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is your printer is connected to wired or wireless network?

• Are you able to view your printer on your network location?
    I would suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Printer.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 22, 2021
  4. Network printer weirdness in Windows 10 21H1...

Windows 10 upgrade will not allow access to network printers

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might related to permission to share printer.

I suggest you to remove the network printer and try adding it again and check if it helps

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Make sure that, the printer is shared on the network in the primary computer.

Step 2: Remove the network printer.

a) Type Devices and printer in the search area on the task bar and select
    Device and Printer.

b) Select the printer and click on
    Remove Device
    button.

Step 3: Restart your system.

Step 4: Add the network printer
    again.

a) Type Devices and printer in the search area on the task bar and select
    Device and Printer.

b) Click on Add Printer.

c) Let Windows scan for the printer and if detected select the printer and click Next. If the
    printer is not listed click "The printer that I want isn't listed" and skip to add printer by name or TCP/IP address.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

Network printer weirdness in Windows 10 21H1...

1. Network printer weirdness in Windows 10 21H1... - Similar Threads - Network printer weirdness

2. Windows 10 - 21H1 update troubles the Network Connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - 21H1 update troubles the Network Connectivity: Hello,For a few weeks now, we are trying to enroll 21H1 in our organisation. We only have one issue, which is hurting and we stopped the rollout of 21H1.After updating Windows 10 to 21H1 from 1809, or 1909, or 20H2 to 21H1 we have problems with our network connectivity in...
  3. Windows 10 - 21H1 update troubles the Network Connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - 21H1 update troubles the Network Connectivity: Hello,For a few weeks now, we are trying to enroll 21H1 in our organisation. We only have one issue, which is hurting and we stopped the rollout of 21H1.After updating Windows 10 to 21H1 from 1809, or 1909, or 20H2 to 21H1 we have problems with our network connectivity in...
  4. Network printer weirdness in Windows 10 21H1...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network printer weirdness in Windows 10 21H1...: I never had this problem before and we have a bunch of computers here at home including the one that still won't update to beyond W10 1909, but that's not the issue.This started yesterday. Here are some details...- Printers are on the Windows 10 V.1909 machine- Printers are...
  5. Network printer weirdness in Windows 10 21H1...

Network printer weirdness in Windows 10 21H1...: I never had this problem before and we have a bunch of computers here at home including the one that still won't update to beyond W10 1909, but that's not the issue.This started yesterday. Here are some details...- Printers are on the Windows 10 V.1909 machine- Printers are...
  6. Windows 10 21H1 network bug

Windows 10 21H1 network bug: So I installed Windows 10 21H1. For some days all was fine. But at some point my internet icon started telling I am connected, but no internet available. Nearly everything is ok. But that made an impact on some apps Office for now - It says I do not internet connection, and...
  7. A Weird Network Issue on Windows 10

A Weird Network Issue on Windows 10: Hi I am facing an exteremely wiered issue from last 3-4 months. Suddenly my Work laptop network starts behaving abnormally/wierd like 1 - WiFi will show connected but the icon on system tray goes greyed out and network status will show not connected to internet but...
  8. Network Printer and Windows 10

Network Printer and Windows 10: I changed the router, but can't find the way how to give the new password for the HP printer which doesn't work. Is this the problem or something else... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-printer-and-windows-10/dd7cb678-153a-4cf8-9c92-63e9f9f38a3d
  9. Windows 10 and Network Printers

Windows 10 and Network Printers: Hello everyone. I'm not able to find anything on this elsewhere, so I think I should ask here. At our company, we are currently scrambling to upgrade to Windows 10. We have about 200 people who need to upgrade, but most people currently aren't able to print with Windows 10....
  10. Weird networking

Weird networking: Since W10, I have been truly perplexed. 2 laptops and a desktop, all running Windows 10 Home, all acting differently. For example, the laptops show the wireless network as "JShaw Internet access" the desktop shows "Network 2 Internet access." I don't recall ever setting up a...