Windows 10: Network printer will not print from one computer on the network

Discus and support Network printer will not print from one computer on the network in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HP Office Jet Pro 8720 printer is connected to the network, along with 2 computers. On computer 1, printing is fine. On computer 2, the printer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BJCastillo1, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Network printer will not print from one computer on the network

HP Office Jet Pro 8720 printer is connected to the network, along with 2 computers. On computer 1, printing is fine. On computer 2, the printer is shown as a device in the Control Panel, but is not listed as a device when in word, after entering File, Print. Computer 2 can scan from the printer so there obviously a connection to the printer. How do I get the printer shown in the Control Panel to appear as an active printer in Word?

:)

BJCastillo1, Sep 14, 2019

2. Error - Printing on Network printer

What type of printers are they? Show a screenie of the http web page it offers. Use something like softperfect's netscan, go options, additional, check "check for open TCP ports and add 21,80,443,9100. Make sure the same result appears for all 4 printers. Post a screenie.

PS. I dont think this is a drivers issue. It's a fault network setup (on the printer) or a firewall/switch acting in between you and the printer. The printer obviously isnt dead if it can run and print diagnostics pages from the control panel.

Completely Bonkers, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Error - Printing on Network printer

The printer itself hasnt changed. I set it up using an IP, not a name. The new server is one of the three DNS/DC on the network. Not sure if theyre in DNS or not. ill certainly check

Hybrid_theory, Sep 14, 2019
  4. BobBarr Win User

Network printer will not print from one computer on the network

networking a printer

It can be networked through the computer through control panel settings<view installed printers<your printer< share this printer I think is simple way someone else correct me if I'm wrong. Once you do that try connecting on your other comps by adding printer over network.

BobBarr, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Network printer will not print from one computer on the network

1. Network printer will not print from one computer on the network - Similar Threads - Network printer print

2. Network printing to a shared printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network printing to a shared printer: I have spent many hours on this and still have not found a solution.How can I reestablish the capability to print to a shared printer on a Windows 10 home network?All computers have 21H2 installed.I'm at a loss as to why Microsoft has still not solved this issue.A successful...
  3. Network printing to a shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network printing to a shared printer: I have spent many hours on this and still have not found a solution.How can I reestablish the capability to print to a shared printer on a Windows 10 home network?All computers have 21H2 installed.I'm at a loss as to why Microsoft has still not solved this issue.A successful...
  4. Network printing to a shared printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Networked Computers/printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networked Computers/printers: My SystemDevice name GIGABYTE-BProcessor IntelR CoreTM i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GBDevice ID 49BCE322-257F-4894-8FEA-7EDD3099AEF5Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA407System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen and touch No pen or touch...
  6. Networked Computers/printers

Networked Computers/printers: My SystemDevice name GIGABYTE-BProcessor IntelR CoreTM i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GBDevice ID 49BCE322-257F-4894-8FEA-7EDD3099AEF5Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA407System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen and touch No pen or touch...
  7. Networked Computers/printers

8. Cannot print to one particular network printer from MS Photos App

Cannot print to one particular network printer from MS Photos App: I have a computer where the user cannot print to one networked printer from MS Photo App. Troubleshooting steps: Uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it Reset the MS Photo App Other users printed to that same printer from the MS Photo App using the same JPG file The...
  9. how to take print out from network printers

how to take print out from network printers: I have a printer cum photo state machine connected in my office. Each time I fire a print I have to go to settings of printer on document like in this screenshot [ATTACH] and disable color print then enable black and white print. Then I take print out. How can I do...
  10. Print from Networked computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print from Networked computer: How can I connect a networked laptop to the printer connected to my networked pc by USB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/print-from-networked-computer/9eda19f1-bbe0-4027-b2e2-7b6abfa01887