Windows 10: network printer wont install in win10

Discus and support network printer wont install in win10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Unable to connect my older brother hl-5040 laser printer to new computer running win10-64b,v1909. the printer connects to my old computer (win10-32b)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dblake2, May 4, 2021.

1. dblake2 Win User

network printer wont install in win10

Unable to connect my older brother hl-5040 laser printer to new computer running win10-64b,v1909. the printer connects to my old computer (win10-32b) via usb. I set up sharing on it & the new computer sees it but keeps asking for drivers. It doesn't recognize the original ones I tried to install that came with the printer nor the 64b vista drivers I tried. I also have a laptop (win10-64b) which sees the printer & prints fine. I wish I'd kept more detailed notes for it, all it sez is 'added printer to network'. I would think win10 would have built in drivers for older printers anyway but it keeps insisting it needs a driver.

:)

dblake2, May 4, 2021
  2. dblake2 Win User

Unable to connect my older brother hl-5040 laser printer to new computer running win10-64b,v1909.

the printer connects to my old computer (win10-32b) via usb.

I set up sharing on it & the new computer sees it but keeps asking for drivers. It doesn't recognize the original ones I tried to install that came with the printer nor the 64b vista drivers I tried.

I also have a laptop (win10-64b) which sees the printer & prints fine. I wish I'd kept more detailed notes for it, all it sez is 'added printer to network'.

I would think win10 would have built in drivers for older printers anyway but it keeps insisting it needs a driver.

dblake2, May 5, 2021
  3. installing network printer on an Xp to use shared printer on win10

If you had problems with "credentials" trying to install a network printer on an Xp this solution will work, Does not involve credentials.

George

If you have problems trying to install a network printer on an Xp computer to the shared printer on Win10:

(the win10 is plugged directly into the computer!)

try this

Firstly

On the win10 computer indicate the share name then in the securities window list all the users that will be using this printer. These will be user codes and will verified by win10.

If you do not know the name of the win10 machine then do this now.

Summary:

Computer name

Printer share name

List of permitted users.

Secondly sign on to the xp computer with a user name that is mentioned in the securities list above.

Then proceed as follows:

1) click start then click printers and faxes

2) click add printer ( in left pane)

3) click next

4) select LOCAL printer attached to this computer: click next

5) Select create a new PORT. Select “local port” for the port type and click next.

6) System asks for port name: enter path and share name for example \\win10computername\printersharename
    this is similar to mapping a network drive, instead of server, folder it is server printer share name.

7) Select printer brand and model number (for the driver)

8) Follow the rest of the wizard.

9) Do not share printer. Win10 will manage it

10) Print test page, print a simple document.

George Sirk, May 5, 2021
  4. network printer wont install in win10

Printer wont install

So my dad got a new printer for Christmas. Its a Kodak EASYSHARE all-in-one 5500 series printer.

I go to install the drivers leaving the printer unplugged from the computer (power cord is plugged in) and the instructions state to plug in the USB device when prompted. Okay...I wait until prompted and plug it in. It still sits there at the screen telling me to insert the USB cable to the back of the printer. I have tried it with the printer on and with it off. I have even tried using drivers off Kodak's website.

Not really sure what to do. Vista doesnt even try to install a driver for it when i plug it into the motherboard. Ive never had this problem with a printer before.

Not sure if i put this in the right section or not so if it isnt, mods feel free to move it. However it will be a networked printer. *Stick Out Tongue network printer wont install in win10 :p

Any ideas guys?

CrAsHnBuRnXp, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. network printer wont install in win10 - Similar Threads - network printer wont

2. Network Printer Installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Printer Installation: Error operation could not be completed 0x00000709 when installing a network printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-printer-installation/bba266ae-0c80-48a8-9ca7-91d6bd6f9172
  3. Network Printer Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Printer Installation: Error operation could not be completed 0x00000709 when installing a network printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-printer-installation/bba266ae-0c80-48a8-9ca7-91d6bd6f9172
  4. Network Printer Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win10 20h wont install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 20h wont install: wont install the update, gets to 25% then stops. I get a window that says some settings need changing but it doesn't say what. I close this window and it takes me back to the Update Page, I then press the Fix Issues button and it starts the Install again, then the whole cycle...
  6. Network/internet settigns wont open WIN10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network/internet settigns wont open WIN10: As the title says, i cant open the network/internet settings application. I can open all other settings applications on windows 10 but not the network settings. I've already tried DISM and SFC I also cant get windows updates to function anymore, It says im out of date....
  7. Network printer not found from printer installer

Network printer not found from printer installer: We have an issue with only one of our computers not able to install the printer as below... Using the latest installer for a Fuji Xerox 'DocuCentre-V C2263', when running setup 'standard' no printer is found on our network and warring popup message then shows to say 'unable...
  8. Unable to install Network Printer

Unable to install Network Printer: I have a strange problem with a couple of laptops in a network of some 30 machines. We have recently had a couple of Lexmark networked colour laser printers installed and all machines have successfully had the new printers installed - with the exception of two laptops....
  9. Network printer installation

Network printer installation: I have a strange problem with a couple of laptops in a network of some 30 machines. We have recently had a couple of Lexmark networked colour laser printers installed and all machines have successfully had the new printers installed - with the exception of two laptops....
  10. epson printer driver wont install

epson printer driver wont install: i've updated to windows 10 on my pc and i'm unable to download the driver for my epson sx235w printer to my pc. i've tried the install disc and also via the drivers online. each time it starts to download the drivers it gets stuck on the download part with the spinning wheel...