Windows 10: Network Printer Won't Print I can access its web page, scan, and everything else after...

Discus and support Network Printer Won't Print I can access its web page, scan, and everything else after... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a M477fdw HP printer on my network that has worked fine. A few times when I tried to print the printer would do nothing and I found that there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tally Train Man, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Network Printer Won't Print I can access its web page, scan, and everything else after...

I have a M477fdw HP printer on my network that has worked fine. A few times when I tried to print the printer would do nothing and I found that there was an update waiting. After the update installed the printer would work fine. This time is not printing from the computer. I can print the test page and access its webpage just fine but no test page except from the printer itself. I have uninstalled the printer driver, rebooted and reinstalled the printer software but no luck. I saw this question in the past but the assistance did not address what the issue is. Please advise. I have run the troubleshooter several times but no suggestions.

:)

Tally Train Man, Jun 12, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

Network Printer Won't Print I can access its web page, scan, and everything else after... [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Error - Printing on Network printer

What type of printers are they? Show a screenie of the http web page it offers. Use something like softperfect's netscan, go options, additional, check "check for open TCP ports and add 21,80,443,9100. Make sure the same result appears for all 4 printers. Post a screenie.

PS. I dont think this is a drivers issue. It's a fault network setup (on the printer) or a firewall/switch acting in between you and the printer. The printer obviously isnt dead if it can run and print diagnostics pages from the control panel.

Completely Bonkers, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Colin E Win User

Network Printer Won't Print I can access its web page, scan, and everything else after...

Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

I have a home network that includes-
    • Two Windows 7 PCs
    • Two Linux machines
    • A Brother MFC7820N networked multifunction printer

All the above are on wired connections. Then there's an 802.11n wireless link for laptops and media devices.

I'm just setting up a new machine that's running Windows 10 Home, using the wireless network. I was annoyed to find that Brother don't have a full-function Windows 10 driver for the 7820N that supports scanning, but the Brother site says the built-in drivers in Win 10 should work for basic printing.

Problem
    1. I successfully added the printer device to Windows 10 (at the 3rd attempt) using the "manual advanced" method. The printer has an entry in the hosts file, and was added by host name.
    2. The printer fails to print, with a "not responding" type message. The driver also can't pick up the status info from the printer.

What's really weird is-
    1. I can ping the printer from the W10 box (and the other machines) by either IP address or hostname.
    2. However, this printer has a web interface. I can access this from any of the Windows 7 machines, but the Windows 10 machine says "web site failed to respond" or somesuch. This happens with any of: Edge, IE11, or Chrome browsers.
    3. I can't even make a manual connection (telnet to port 80) from the Win 10 machine (timeout).
    4. The Windows 10 machine CAN access all the other devices on the home network, including the web servers (Apache) on both the Linux boxes.

This looks like the web access to that particular address is being blocked somehow. I have tried disabling my AntiVirus package (Kaspersky), but that makes no difference.

Does anyone have a clue as to what's going on here? Is Win10 perhaps detecting an "old" web server on the printer and refusing to talk to it? (and why would that prevent printing using lpd?)

Colin E, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Network Printer Won't Print I can access its web page, scan, and everything else after...

1. Network Printer Won't Print I can access its web page, scan, and everything else after... - Similar Threads - Network Printer Won't

2. I can ping the network printer but unable to connect to the printer or access the web...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can ping the network printer but unable to connect to the printer or access the web...: 1. printers are shared on the network using the server 2. All the computer in the domain can see and connect but some non domain computer unable to connect Or access the web interface however they can successfully ping the printer3. tried disabling the firewall on the...
  3. I can ping the network printer but unable to connect to the printer or access the web...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can ping the network printer but unable to connect to the printer or access the web...: 1. printers are shared on the network using the server 2. All the computer in the domain can see and connect but some non domain computer unable to connect Or access the web interface however they can successfully ping the printer3. tried disabling the firewall on the...
  4. I can ping the network printer but unable to connect to the printer or access the web...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New Brother printer MFC-L2750DW won't print web pages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Brother printer MFC-L2750DW won't print web pages: Just bought a new Brother Monochrome printer. Prints Excel, Word and pdf documents without a problem, but when I go to print a web page I get an error message and the page will not print. My old HP had no problem. Any idea why? does it whether I am using Windows Explorer,...
  6. printer printing test page but nothing else

printer printing test page but nothing else: Samsung 4623fw...laptop recognizes printer and will print a test page but nothing else will print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-printing-test-page-but-nothing-else/eb54e6ce-80cc-4892-b74d-8fc798b095bb
  7. Can't print test page to network printer

Can't print test page to network printer: I just got a new PC with Windows 10 OS. I've never used Windows 10 before. Anyway, I'm trying to print to a Canon MF8350Cdn color printer and am having some real problems. I've installed the latest drivers off the web and my PC can see the Canon on my local network, but when...
  8. print settings for web page

print settings for web page: want to print web page but need to make fonts bigger if I copy and paste onto word it will not let me make fonts bigger suppose to go to print settings but can not find...
  9. Cannot print photos but can print everything else.

Cannot print photos but can print everything else.: Using HP Photosmart C4600 printer/OEM Windows 10/ Windows Photo Viewer. When I try to print a photo I get the error message: "Windows can't find this picture". 45998
  10. Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f: I have a home network that includes- Two Windows 7 PCs Two Linux machines A Brother MFC7820N networked multifunction printer All the above are on wired connections. Then there's an 802.11n wireless link for laptops and media devices. I'm just setting up a new machine...